RECALL: G2 Recalls R.I.P. Ammunition in .45ACP

opsspec1991

by: Jason
"The last round you'll ever need" is now the last round you ever want in .45 ACP.

G2 Research, makers of the controversial G2 R.I.P. (Radically Invasive Projectile) ammunition quietly released a recall and warning related to the .45ACP version of their round.

It seems all of the ammunition made from July through November had a defect causing it to malfunction in Glock handguns. The malfunction was potentially catastrophic.

Link Removed

My Thoughts:
Sounds like the crimp to secure the bullet wasn't correct and the bullets were shoved back into the powder charge when it was feed up the ramp area that caused a over pressure on the bullet when fired in this plastic pistol, they also stated it wasn't a problem with a man’s gun, the classic 1911.

Link Removed

I would say that's one more reason not to buy that ammo!
If it doesn't have the problem in other guns that it has in the Glocks, it isn't the ammo's fault. But yeah, I wouldn't be buying it anyways. I'll stick with what the local cops use. Winchester Ranger SXT mostly.

by: Jason
"The last round you'll ever need" is now the last round you ever want in .45 ACP.

G2 Research, makers of the controversial G2 R.I.P. (Radically Invasive Projectile) ammunition quietly released a recall and warning related to the .45ACP version of their round.

It seems all of the ammunition made from July through November had a defect causing it to malfunction in Glock handguns. The malfunction was potentially catastrophic.

Link Removed

My Thoughts:
Sounds like the crimp to secure the bullet wasn't correct and the bullets were shoved back into the powder charge when it was feed up the ramp area that caused a over pressure on the bullet when fired in this plastic pistol, they also stated it wasn't a problem with a man’s gun, the classic 1911.

Link Removed

I wouldn't shoot it in a 1911. The 1911 has the same defect, a scallop in the feed ramp leading into the chamber, resulting in an unsupported case head.
(Before the trolls pile on...the 1911 is my favorite pistol, but it does have a not 100% supporting chamber.)

I wouldn't shoot it in a 1911. The 1911 has the same defect, a scallop in the feed ramp leading into the chamber, resulting in an unsupported case head.
(Before the trolls pile on...the 1911 is my favorite pistol, but it does have a not 100% supporting chamber.)
Big difference in design of some 1911 barrels support the rounds better. Glock has had problems in other calibers, not just the .45ACP. All caused by their cutting out the bottom of the chamber such that there is an area in front of the extractor ring of the round that is unsupported. Scroll down to post 31 of thinking about a glock 23 - Page 2 for info that now is over 6 years old. Glock has a bad design problem. The amount of unsupported area on my Colt Government Model Special Combat looks about like the KKM barrel on the left vs the Glock barrel on the right.Link Removed
That is a very big difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back