Promag Clips

PX4storm

Banned
I just purchased a new pistol and want to buy an extra magazine or two for it .....

I found some after market clips made by a company called "Promag" they are around 25% cheaper than buying the manufactures clips.

Has anyone bought and used a Promag clip ?

I have only bought ProMag magazines a couple of times and not had great results. Others have also reported spotty results. If these are for casual use it really doesn't matter how dependable they are, you can still use them at the range and practice clearing your weapon.

For magazines I'll be carrying which I may need to rely on to defend my family or myself, I only buy quality magazines and make certain they work.

Stay away from Promag! They are very low quality. The best aftermarket magazines are made by Mec-Gar but the best are still factory magazines.

BTW: There is a difference between magazines and clips. Here is an example. The one on the left is a clip for a M1 Garand and the one on the right is a magazine for a M14.

magvsclip.jpg

I just purchased a new pistol and want to buy an extra magazine or two for it .....

I found some after market clips made by a company called "Promag" they are around 25% cheaper than buying the manufactures clips.

Has anyone bought and used a Promag clip ?

Who manufactured your M1 Garand pistol? :sarcastic:

gf

Every ProMag magazine I've ever had was junk. I don't know how their clips are because I haven't had any experience with them. I second the Mec-gar suggestion. They actually make the factory mags for several manufacturers. Their 13 round 9mm Hi-Power mags are only distinguishable from factory Browning or FN mags by a couple missing markings. I believe they also make the factory mags for EAA as well.

Just to make sure we are talking apples to apples ..... I stand corrected: "I am looking to purchase an extra magazine or two for my pistol"

At this point I"ll take everyone's advise and purchase a factory magazine .... don't want to deal with any issues due to quality !

I had feeding issues with my Para LTC using promags. I bought two more factory mags and it fed from both perfectly.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back