Pocket Carry is a Bad Idea!!!

If I am understanding correctly you used the muzzle end of your firearm to lift your sleeve to look at your watch thereby displaying a firearm to someone who you presumed had the intention to rob you. You deduced their intention by them asking you what time it was..?

That isn't the most sound decision i've ever heard of - a simpler approach may be responding to the questioner "I don't know what time it is" - avoiding areas that you know to be hot spots for criminal activity and drugs. I myself am not a proponent of pocket carry. Not because I don't find it comfortable or somewhat practical but because my pockets are usually full of other stuff.

Aside from the short story long and the questionable decisions made you do have a point about if you're being robbed or having your pockets rummaged due to bad decisions it would be a bit of a problem to have your firearm taken away from you, an IWB or OWB under a jacket would likely be discovered as well though. Not enough of an issue for me to write off pocket carry.

I'd rethink your strategy.

If I am understanding correctly you used the muzzle end of your firearm to lift your sleeve to look at your watch thereby displaying a firearm to someone who you presumed had the intention to rob you. You deduced their intention by them asking you what time it was..?

That isn't the most sound decision i've ever heard of - a simpler approach may be responding to the questioner "I don't know what time it is" - avoiding areas that you know to be hot spots for criminal activity and drugs. I myself am not a proponent of pocket carry. Not because I don't find it comfortable or somewhat practical but because my pockets are usually full of other stuff.

Aside from the short story long and the questionable decisions made you do have a point about if you're being robbed or having your pockets rummaged due to bad decisions it would be a bit of a problem to have your firearm taken away from you, an IWB or OWB under a jacket would likely be discovered as well though. Not enough of an issue for me to write off pocket carry.

I'd rethink your strategy.

Well you are right about avoiding bad areas. Unfortunately, the local news paper declared the entire city as "An open air drug bazaar" Within six blocks of my home were at least six cracked sets which by in far are more aggressive and violent than heorin sets. Fortunately, two years after this particular incident my entire family moved to the suburbs. Our construction business got its start there so we really didn't have too many chooses at that time. Thank you for your fair criticism.

I could not make it through the entire thing. Basically what we have here is a guy who makes a whole series of stupid decisions and for some reason we are suppose to accept his opinion for pocket carry based on what, his decision making skills?

wow... what an idiot. Amen.

Is there any good place to carry while you visit some Holly Barry look alike in the ghetto at a known heroin house? Of course, his logic was skewed when his blood rushed from one head to the other..... lol

If you cant reach for your pocket in time... as you say, you think you will be able to make it to your holster? Which is essentially a pocket... just specially designed for a gun. Pocket carry works just fine... and dont make stupid decisions.

As a resident of New England, cold weather (about nine months of the year) means that pocket carry is not only a choice but at times a requirement. Goes without saying, certain pistols may be better for pocket carry than others. It's a learning curve--as is life. But this dude has driven off the learning curve. I guess he was going too fast!

I could not make it through the entire thing. Basically what we have here is a guy who makes a whole series of stupid decisions and for some reason we are suppose to accept his opinion for pocket carry based on what, his decision making skills?

Exactly right on! =-)

As a resident of New England, cold weather (about nine months of the year) means that pocket carry is not only a choice but at times a requirement. Goes without saying, certain pistols may be better for pocket carry than others. It's a learning curve--as is life. But this dude has driven off the learning curve. I guess he was going too fast!

Isn't it the other way around? When it gets hot, harder to conceal, so people pocket carry. Colder should be easier to conceal a firearm on your hip with a jacket.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back