pitbull attacked me, would you shoot?

Like I said your knowledge of the breed is pathetic. The only thing more pathetic than your knowledge is your prejudice against their owners. You sound like an anti gun liberal confusing your facts with emotional opinion.

Dual wield all you want....everyone calling you commando gets more real with each post.

Provide documented proof that the dog wasn't bred for viciousness and maybe you could change my mind.

Do you always repeat what someone says to you back to them? You sound like a five year old saying "nuh uh, you are"

I just got back from a pit bull call. (New owners who have a year old male that is testing boundaries & showing aggression.)

When I got there the dog began barking & growling like it's gonna tear me up. I walked over & took him & he immediately became submissive. Probably 99% of what people think is dangerous aggression is nothing but BLUFF. After just a few minutes he's playing like a puppy & trying to do everything I'm teaching him.

I've been rescuing & rehabilitating pit bulls for decades.

To date: I have not found one that was too far gone to be rehabilitated.

IMHO; It's the dumb^$$ owners that need to be neutered or put down in most cases. (I believe in everyones right to own a gun. But, some people need to stay away from animals period.)

-

Would you gamble with a child's life? How sure are you that it is a bluff when a helpless 3 year old is directly in his path and he's threatening to tear everyone up? Would you allow the dog to bluff right in your childs face?

I found a lost cat in early June. It was on missing posters all over town with only an address listed. I took the cat to the house in a kennel and went to knock on the door when a giant black lab came out of some trees and put his nose right up to my knee and started growling. I knocked on the door anyways and waited over 3 minutes for the lady to come to the door. In that time, the dog stopped "bluffing" and lunged at me. He only got my jean leg and let go when I put my colt defender in his eye and told him to "go fuckin lay down." The lady apologized profusely and said the dog is out of control. I have no doubt that dog would have gone through the window of my car and killed my kids were he not chained and was I not ready for him. And that was a black lab, one of the friendliest breeds. If I'm a commando, why did she not call 911 and report me? Because I don't just pull my guns for no reason.

Would you gamble with a child's life? How sure are you that it is a bluff when a helpless 3 year old is directly in his path and he's threatening to tear everyone up? Would you allow the dog to bluff right in your childs face?

My children have been helping me rehabilitate & rescue pit bulls since they were little. (My 11yr old just went on a rescue & transport call with me yesterday.)

You may be a dog lover tcd. But, your "knowledge" about dogs (especially pit bulls) is sorely wanting. I've been doing this for decades and have worked with HUNDREDS of dogs. (So, yeah I can read a bluff and no I don't put my kids in danger!)

-

My children have been helping me rehabilitate & rescue pit bulls since they were little. (My 11yr old just went on a rescue & transport call with me yesterday.)

You may be a dog lover tcd. But, your "knowledge" about dogs (especially pit bulls) is sorely wanting. I've been doing this for decades and have worked with HUNDREDS of dogs. (So, yeah I can read a bluff and no I don't put my kids in danger!)

-

You may be able to read a bluff...except for that one time a dog isn't bluffing. As for me, I'm not so willing to risk my children just to call a dog's "bluff." Do you also fool around with feral dogs? Do you mess around in coyote dens? Would you call a bear's bluff? I don't because all those animals could kill my child. Alone? Yes, maybe. But reference the last time I called a dog's bluff (post #23 of this thread) and you'll see why I don't risk my little girl's safety.

My knowledge of dogs is just fine. To you, your dog can be as docile and gentle as Mother Theresa as most dogs are, but when you aren't watching the dog can and will do what it pleases because it knows you aren't watching. You can argue in favor of a pitbull based on your love for your pet, or you can accept that the breed has issues because it was bred for violence. Additionally, whenever you catch a dog digging in trash, in traffic, etc...does the owner ever believe where you found their dog? I learned the hard way when two deputies brought back my lab because I went to use the bathroom and he sprinted across the field to the intersection where they were documenting a fender bended, and he jumped into the front seat of their car and waited to go for a ride. It was $120 for my dog being at large. I was in the bathroom for about a minute and working for another few before they got my address off his tags and brought them back. I assumed he was under my truck, as he usually is. Before that, I never believed my neighbors when they complained since he always behaved in my presence. Now, I will assume it's true. Sad thing is I have an invisible fence. He goes right through it and I hate turning the voltage up because it hurts him.

Every time anyone says "would you do..." Somebody always says "mine have been doing yadayada since they were x years old." Not calling you a liar, just making an observation.

Last edited:
You probably resembled someone the dog knew. When the hands went up (a standard "HALT!" hand motion taught at most dog training schools) the dog recognized the hand motion, and retreated.

Does 'skidding to a stop' then retreating constitute an attack?

Not sure how I'd react. Definitely going on the defense. Don't know about shooting. I wasn't there.

Last edited:
You probably resembled someone the dog knew. When the hands went up (a standard "HALT!" hand motion taught at most dog training schools) the dog recognized the hand motion, and retreated.

Does 'skidding to a stop' then retreating constitute an attack?

Not sure how I'd react. Definitely going on the defense. Don't know about shooting. I wasn't there.

Most dogs jump when you put your hands up. Also, most people don't take their dog to a trainer. We do it ourselves because we aren't made of money.

-
Everyone remembers "Petey" from The Little Rascals, right? America's kiddy gang dog was a pit bull. Good thing you're doing with your kids. God loves those who care for his creatures.

One day after working on the property all day I laid on the family room floor. The knucklehead comes over and snuggles in for a nap. As I'm looking at the size of his head and jaw structure I understood why some people might be afraid. My dog was raised around small kids from a pup. The dog was treated like one of the kids. No jealousy, not a growl, nothing, ever. I believe a dog is a representation of his environment. When he's part of a pack family and is well socialized and well treated he is no threat..

Most dogs jump when you put your hands up. Also, most people don't take their dog to a trainer. We do it ourselves because we aren't made of money.

YOUR dog jumps when you put your hands up.

Mine halts when I put my hand up, extended in front of me. Much like a pistol stance.

Being 'made of money' and getting the animal correct training are exclusive of each other. Dog training is not as expensive as having an unruly dog that doesn't listen to commands and gets you into a liability law suit over a dog bite or real dog attack. Then you DO need to be made of money.

JMO but I'd rather pay the trainer than a lawyer. No offense to the lawyers in our midst.

Everyone remembers "Petey" from The Little Rascals, right? America's kiddy gang dog was a pit bull. Good thing you're doing with your kids. God loves those who care for his creatures.

One day after working on the property all day I laid on the family room floor. The knucklehead comes over and snuggles in for a nap. As I'm looking at the size of his head and jaw structure I understood why some people might be afraid. My dog was raised around small kids from a pup. The dog was treated like one of the kids. No jealousy, not a growl, nothing, ever. I believe a dog is a representation of his environment. When he's part of a pack family and is well socialized and well treated he is no threat..

This is a guy that's on the way to my house for a couple of weeks before he goes to his forever home.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1073741832.592575344.724566784&type=1&theater

YOUR dog jumps when you put your hands up.

Mine halts when I put my hand up, extended in front of me. Much like a pistol stance.

Being 'made of money' and getting the animal correct training are exclusive of each other. Dog training is not as expensive as having an unruly dog that doesn't listen to commands and gets you into a liability law suit over a dog bite or real dog attack. Then you DO need to be made of money.

JMO but I'd rather pay the trainer than a lawyer. No offense to the lawyers in our midst.

Did I ever say my dog was disobedient? And we are not talking about my dog.

Provide documented proof that the dog wasn't bred for viciousness and maybe you could change my mind.

Do you always repeat what someone says to you back to them? You sound like a five year old saying "nuh uh, you are"

How do you show documents that PROVE your dog isnt bred for viciousness? Is this an era where you can go to a vet and say "Hey, my pitbull needs proof he/she isnt bred for viciousness can you print me something?" Sounds a bit far fetched to me. You sound a bit naive to think papers like this exist. You sound like Fienstein when it comes to animals. Pitbulls have been demonized into the same field Demtards demonize "Assault type weapons. I suggest you spend a little time with pitbulls and research both sides of the table before calling them vicious.

How do you show documents that PROVE your dog isnt bred for viciousness? Is this an era where you can go to a vet and say "Hey, my pitbull needs proof he/she isnt bred for viciousness can you print me something?" Sounds a bit far fetched to me. You sound a bit naive to think papers like this exist. You sound like Fienstein when it comes to animals. Pitbulls have been demonized into the same field Demtards demonize "Assault type weapons. I suggest you spend a little time with pitbulls and research both sides of the table before calling them vicious.
Prove it? I'm not sure how one proves a negative.
Regarding thoughts on tying-up your dogs, when one lives in the country and has ample room there's no need to tie the dog. No one where I live does. The dog goes in and out at will but after dinner or dark is not allowed outside alone. There's always a concern about coyotes and black bears. I grow berries so the bears are always a possibility.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/concealed-carry-discussion/18131-another-good-reason-carry.html

To sum it up...

Someone else here asked these exact same questions. And so I searched. Police, military, search/rescue, and therapy use American Stafford Shire Terriers. So ask yourself, if they do use them, why do you dislike them? The statistics you posted, did you get those from the CDC report? The report that used news reports, which are biased against pit bulls, in its research? The report that said it was inaccurate because they had to use the main stream media? The report that referenced the Pickney and Kennedy dog bite study, that had German Shepards and Huskies above the ABPT/AST. The report that has a "Pit Bull type" as well as "Pit Bull" becuase they can't garuantee the exact breed of each instance. The report that said, " Although fatal attacks on humans appear to be a breed-specific problem (pit bull-type dogs and Rottweilers), other breeds may bite and cause fatalities at higher rates. Because of difficulties inherent in determining a dog’s breed with certainty, enforcement of breed-specific ordinances raises constitutional and practical issues. Fatal attacks represent a small proportion of dog bite injuries to humans and, therefore, should not be the primary factor driving public policy concerning dangerous dogs."

What were these animals born to do? Have you done any research on the origins of a ABPT/AST? Here's a quick recap. Bull dogs bred for bull baiting. Bull baiting becomes illegal. Bull dogs bred with terriers. Bull terriers used for fighting (which was illegal, and as another poster stated, weren't bred if they had a tendency to attack humans). Brought over to the States where they were used for herding, gaurding, hunting, and family pets. Did you know the APBT/AST has one of the highest passing rates for the American Temperment Test? With a 85.3% passing rate, Pitbulls make better family pets than Golden Retrievers and Collies.

A little research would help. Start here Pitbulls or here Link Removed[/B] Bull my breed.

Had to go find these past threads and posts. Hope you enjoy the reading.

There was a time when people thought the GSD was bad... and the Rottweiler... and the Doberman. Police mostly stopped using Rottie's as the bite was bad and they were too big to search effectively in some areas. Eventually even the GSD was replaced by the Belgian Malinois in some areas. My GSD was a handful. K9 trained but NEVER to be left alone where the public or kids were concerned. Drop of a hat that dog would rock-n-roll. It lived to bite thus I had to be very careful. I always thought the dog was a little nuts. Once jumped in the open back window of a car-load of Jehovah's Witnesses after them. They ran around the car like a Chinese fire-drill. Called the dog back before anyone was bit. I BEGGED them not to keep coming. But, you know how much effect that had. I guess I needed saving badly. Perhaps they could convert the dog.
"We're hear to talk about the love between neighbors." "See that dog? That's to keep the neighbors out."

There was a time when people thought the GSD was bad... and the Rottweiler... and the Doberman. Police mostly stopped using Rottie's as the bite was bad and they were too big to search effectively in some areas. Eventually even the GSD was replaced by the Belgian Malinois in some areas. My GSD was a handful. K9 trained but NEVER to be left alone where the public or kids were concerned. Drop of a hat that dog would rock-n-roll. It lived to bite thus I had to be very careful. I always thought the dog was a little nuts. Once jumped in the open back window of a car-load of Jehovah's Witnesses after them. They ran around the car like a Chinese fire-drill. Called the dog back before anyone was bit. I BEGGED them not to keep coming. But, you know how much effect that had. I guess I needed saving badly. Perhaps they could convert the dog.
"We're hear to talk about the love between neighbors." "See that dog? That's to keep the neighbors out."

Now that's funny! :haha:

On my way back to Delaware from Florida, we stopped at a convenient store in SC. A car pulled in about four spaces over, none between. A pit jumped out the rear window and headed straight for me at a full trot. Before I could react, it stopped about two feet away, tail wagging. I reached down, palm up, and he put his muzzle in my hand, slobber and all. I petted him, and the owner came over. "Never did that before," he said. We talked, and he assured me that his mutt had never been aggressive, but never came to a stranger like that. He admitted he was worried, then relieved. We chatted, went our separate ways and I thanked God I had no time to react there. I thought back a few years to another time when a pit came at me at full trot, snarling all the way crossing the road at an angle. Suddenly a passing car shot by and "bang," the pit was dead. Two different days, different dogs, and both times I was blessed. So goes life. I am not afraid of dogs, have always had good incidents with dogs who were supposed to be bad. Maybe some day it will be different, maybe not. Being vigilant is a necessity. But animals can smell fear, even through bluff. I guess it pays not to be afraid, or even too dumb to be afraid.

while pushing my 3 year old on a swing at a city park, I was attacked by an apparently roaming pitbull. those of you who own these lab created freaks better keep a close eye on them. I had every reason to shoot but didn't because of all the kids watching me. had it not skidded to a stop at the sight of 2 handguns coming out, I would have had no choice. the city police are too lazy to investigate the vicious dog roaming a playground, of course...

Were you attacked or charged? There is a point when the animal is charging that you have to take defensive action. How close was it when it stopped?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back