Pick em out and knock em out

Good,or Bad They get what they deserve. I dont want to hear they were good kids. If they were that good, They would'nt be out @ 5am looking for Trouble.

The Victim had 12 Children that now lost their Father to an Stupid Random GAME. And now the Defendent's family wants us to feel Sympathy because he was a good kid who wanted to get into Law Enforcement.

Give me a break He should of thought about that prior to Assaulting,and Killing this Man. They must pay the price for acting in such a manner.

My Sympathy goes out to the Children who lost their DAD. Gods speed be with him, and his Family.

This is what we should really be focusing on, not some one-pinch fatality statistic in Ireland. I agree completely

You're the one that decided to start this argument, for no good reason so I'm not going to look anything up. My point has been made 3 times now, each time more clearly than the last. If you want to look up those statistics, be my guest. However, I'm done debating with you over the validity of your statistics because there is no point trying to debate something with an opponent who is either unwilling or unable to admit they were possibly wrong. I've already admitted my ignorance regarding Illinois law but I stand by what I've said to you regarding your cursory google search and, until you come up with numbers from a credible source to back up your claims, I have nothing further to say to you about this.
I made a statement concerning what folks might think and provided a cite as food for thought... you started the argument.

As for your having nothing further to say? One can only hope.

Good,or Bad They get what they deserve. I dont want to hear they were good kids. If they were that good, They would'nt be out @ 5am looking for Trouble.

The Victim had 12 Children that now lost their Father to an Stupid Random GAME. And now the Defendent's family wants us to feel Sympathy because he was a good kid who wanted to get into Law Enforcement.

Give me a break He should of thought about that prior to Assaulting,and Killing this Man. They must pay the price for acting in such a manner.

My Sympathy goes out to the Children who lost their DAD. Gods speed be with him, and his Family.
"He is such a good kid!" seems to be a common theme from the family when such good kids get caught being "not so good".

And things are upside down when the criminal (even if it is a "kid")/criminal's family receives more sympathy than the victim/victim's family.

This is NOT the country I grew up in.

I stand corrected. According to Illinois penal code found at Illinois General Assembly - Illinois Compiled Statutes, the fact that they robbed him after the assault is what elevated it to 1st degree murder. I've never heard of it being like that. In every state I've lived in, the definition of 1st degree murder has been what I laid out in the previous comments. I guess it is a kudos for Illinois...they sure don't get many on this forum. Hope the prosecutors can pull it off, but they'll probably plea it down to a lesser charge.

Most if not all states have a Felony Murder Statue:

Ind. Code § 35-42-1-1 : Indiana Code - Section 35-42-1-1: Murder

A person who:
(1) knowingly or intentionally kills another human being;
(2) kills another human being while committing or attempting to commit arson, burglary, child molesting, consumer product tampering, criminal deviate conduct, kidnapping, rape, robbery, human trafficking, promotion of human trafficking, sexual trafficking of a minor, or carjacking;
(3) kills another human being while committing or attempting to commit:
(A) dealing in or manufacturing cocaine or a narcotic drug (IC 35-48-4-1);
(B) dealing in or manufacturing methamphetamine (IC 35-48-4-1.1);
(C) dealing in a schedule I, II, or III controlled substance (IC 35-48-4-2);
(D) dealing in a schedule IV controlled substance (IC 35-48-4-3); or
(E) dealing in a schedule V controlled substance; or
(4) knowingly or intentionally kills a fetus that has attained viability (as defined in IC 16-18-2-365);
commits murder, a felony.

I have heard about this type of game, but it was called knock out king. It hospitalized and killed plenty of people. I agree one punch deaths aren't as rare as people think.

I have heard about this type of game, but it was called knock out king. It hospitalized and killed plenty of people. I agree one punch deaths aren't as rare as people think.
I suspect these roving mob games are going to become commonplace.

Damn...wrong again. This is what happens when your knowledge of these types of crimes comes from Law & Order. I have no intentions of being the aggressor in a situation like this so never actually looked them up. Thanks for setting me straight

One thing is for sure , They definately intended to harm this man and because of their disreguard for the safety and well being of others someone is dead. I could care less what these kids were aspiring to be. When you make the decision to engage in criminal activity you aspire to be a prison inmate in my book....... I hope they pay dearly for their horrible judgement!

BUT he was a good boy....MY *****. He IS a thug, and he IS a criminal, and hopefully he will get the same treatment he dished out when he goes to jail. At least he will get his wish and become involved in law enforcement, the prosecution part of it, soon to be followed by the incarceration part of it.

"He is such a good kid!" seems to be a common theme from the family when such good kids get caught being "not so good".

And things are upside down when the criminal (even if it is a "kid")/criminal's family receives more sympathy than the victim/victim's family.

This is NOT the country I grew up in.

That's what a parent of the guy killed in the Waffle House incident in Spartanburg, SC said, too. Right!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back