Personal Protection During Civil Disturbances by Potentially Violent Mobs

Sorry we aren't going into details in this thread on BUG OUT BAGS or modes of transportation to your intended destination. For a good handout on how to assemble a BUG OUT BAG please visit our website Link Removed
Sorry, too much time on my hands.

Personal Protection During Civil Disturbances by Potentially Violent Mobs
For those who choose to stay, please consult with the laws in your state to ensure what methods and conditions are necessary to apply varying levels of force needed to deter and possibly stop a violent mob or individuals in the mob. In most states any use of deadly force the defender must be in imminent fear of great bodily injury or death.

With all due respect and I must admit I am taking the above statement literally, I am not consulting any laws in SC to know when my life is imminently endangered and what I can or will do to prevent death or great bodily injury. This is no different than any other form of imminent danger to my life. I can tell for a certainty that I surely would use situational awareness in all its forms to avoid any confrontation or assistance--riot or not-- but once that has been eliminated from the equation someone will go to hell before I go to heaven. No need for any "consultation".

With all due respect and I must admit I am taking the above statement literally, I am not consulting any laws in SC to know when my life is imminently endangered and what I can or will do to prevent death or great bodily injury. This is no different than any other form of imminent danger to my life. I can tell for a certainty that I surely would use situational awareness in all its forms to avoid any confrontation or assistance--riot or not-- but once that has been eliminated from the equation someone will go to hell before I go to heaven. No need for any "consultation".

Kelcarry,

Simply put the reason as a Firearms Instructor I can not speak to every state some one might read this in, some states have stand your groundlaws and others have varying modifications to include a duty to retreat in some instances. I respect your opinion and your milage may vary in SC as if varies for others in their own states.

Kelcarry,

Simply put the reason as a Firearms Instructor I can not speak to every state some one might read this in, some states have stand your groundlaws and others have varying modifications to include a duty to retreat in some instances. I respect your opinion and your milage may vary in SC as if varies for others in their own states.

I'm kinda with kel on this one. SC is a "Stand your Ground" & "Castle Doctrine" state. But, none of that matters when you life is in imminent danger.

Now, it's alright to think or these things "before the fact". But, the last thing you need to be concerned about when your life or your family is in danger is your state's laws. Having a worrisome mindset will always lead to confusion & hesitation. If you're involved in a life & death SD situation that will only exasperate things & increase you chances of making mistakes.

Know what you can & can't do before hand & train accordingly. Practice avoidance in all potential bad situations first. But, be trained & confident enough to overcome them without hesitation should they be unavoidable.

IMHO;
The type of person that worries too much about what may happen when they must defend themselves or family against a deadly force threat may want to rethink the whole "carry a gun" thing in the first place.

-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back