Pentagon to adopt uniform rules on guns.

When in a combat zone you keep your service weapon with you at all times with ammo. Well.............. we are in a war zone now on our own turf. I know some active duty who carry constantly. When in the crotch my buds and I made a pic that would make Poncho Villa envious. We were in barracks with personal firearms.

Hey...I resemble that remark

Nope, most of them are Doggies, Squids or Airedales. But I think many of them may be trainable even at that, lol. :biggrin: :laugh:

Hey...I resemble that remark...There are a lot of good people in the USAF but I'm not sure I would want them handling a loaded weapon under the wing of a KC-10 Tanker...Off duty...yup it's needed and should be just like Israel...If you are out and about you take your little buddy(weapon) with you.

I can only hope for such a policy change...think about it this way crimes around the base would go down because no-one wants to get shot by a pissed off GI whose wife you just robbed/raped or home you ransacked/pillaged...

Hey...I resemble that remark...There are a lot of good people in the USAF but I'm not sure I would want them handling a loaded weapon under the wing of a KC-10 Tanker...Off duty...yup it's needed and should be just like Israel...If you are out and about you take your little buddy(weapon) with you.

I can only hope for such a policy change...think about it this way crimes around the base would go down because no-one wants to get shot by a pissed off GI whose wife you just robbed/raped or home you ransacked/pillaged...

Says one of the trainable. :sarcastic:

Seriously, I hope for such a policy change also.

Pentagon ruling on guns.

While I was in the service, I lived in government quarters with my family. I had firearms in my home but they were all registered in my company. It was illegal to CCW on post and I know of no facility that now allows it. In addition to the shooting at Ft. Hood, there has also been a shooting at Ft. Bliss. The shooter in this case was a retired Army sergeant and I dare say his carry there was illegal. Without a doubt, these shootings can be used by both sides in an argument for being able to carry on a military reservation or not. In this day and time, I feel more confortable with having my weapon with me. It is difficult to see where the good guys stop and the bad guys begin! If I happened to be in the Ft. Bliss area (across the river from Juarez, Mexico) you damn well better believe I would want my weapon with me. You don't get much closer to a war zone than there. Time only will tell the outcome of the Pentagon ruling but I wouldn't bet my money an the military ever letting CCW be approved.:no:

Sorry to say, but if you don't have the professionalism, dedication and respect to be on Active Duty and not allowed to carry on base. You shouldn't be in the service. DOD is awash with Libs, has been since the early 80's. It's one of the reasons I got out after 12 yrs with the Navy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry to say, but if you don't have the professionalism, dedication and respect to be on Active Duty and not allowed to carry on base. You shouldn't be in the service. DOD is awash with Libs, has been since the early 80's. It's one of the reasons I got out after 12 yrs with the Navy. "

I was on active duty for many years and was as professional and dedicated as anyone. Professionalism and dedication have absolutely nothing to do with carrying a concealed weapon on post. I dealt with troops on a daily basis and can tell you from first-hand experience that not everyone in the military should have the opportunity to CCW. Not all personnel in the services are there as professionals. There are some great young people in the service today, as good as there has ever been, but there are some who are not so great and not prepared to be given that privilege. Maybe you should brush up on the history of street gangs having made their presence in the military now. Carte blanche permission to CCW on post now could create havoc and cause many deaths from gang warfare. I am a firm believer in the Second Amendment and the rights bestowed to me under it. However, with those rights come responsibilities incumbent upon us all. As for liberals being in DOD, they have been there since we have had a military. Look around man, they are all over the damned place. They didn't start in the 1980s, they were around when I was issued my first spear, sandals and shield. If you want to blame someone, blame society. Our society has deteriorated so far that plain savagery could be just around the corner. As for your service in the Navy, I thank you for that service and wish you well in all your civilian endeavors.

Carte blanche permission to CCW on post now could create havoc and cause many deaths from gang warfare.

With most everyone armed do you really think some punk is going to try to start a gang war?

I can agree some rules might be in order. Say 5 years good service, which should prevent the gangbangers from carrying. Or E-6 and above.

I myself you like to be able to CCW on post, but think it's a bad idea for most to do so. With almost 10 years of war we have let anyone willing to sign up do so. Some I have no idea why a sane person could even let some get past MEPS but they do. I don't like being down range with most because most do not even take care of their weapon, or leave ammo it their CHU becasue it is too heavy, or just point it where ever they please because it's just something they HAVE to carry. I have seen this with both my fellow NCO's and don't even get me started on officers, at least most of them don't even know how to use them. If they were to allow on post they should do a training course like they do for everything else, such as the motorcycle drivers training course for those who want to ride on post. You also have to remember that you do not have to even be an American citiazen to join the military you have to become one before you hit 10 years of service. Yes the service has gotten very Liberal, but hey we are run by our government. I have 19 years in myself and don't see it getting better for a while until we get back to basics and stop trying to please everyone and not hurt feeling.

With most everyone armed do you really think some punk is going to try to start a gang war?

I can agree some rules might be in order. Say 5 years good service, which should prevent the gangbangers from carrying. Or E-6 and above.

Having made E6 in 5 years, I would have supported that policy! :biggrin:

US Navy Diver and Submarine Rider, 1980 - 1986. Goodbye Cold War.

I do amend my post and agree it should be senior enlisted, E-5/6 or above. Although I don't think that CC is practical being in uniform. CC would be allowed if in civies.
As for Gangs.......What kind of BS is that? I got out in 87-USN, maybe I was a bit sheltered being stationed at shore facilities. Although I did stand armed Master-at-Arms for duty. Lethal authority granted in writing by the CO's. I never heard of gangs in uniform. There were groups of "on the edge" partyers that dabbled in hard drugs, some alcohol incidents but I don't remember any gangs. DAM-There's that discipline thing again and the LIBs' with their touchy-feely counseling sheets crap. "We don't want to offend anyone". What kind of Manby-Panby Armed Forces are we allowing? A Kinder, Gentler maybe kill the enemy-maybe not Armed Forces. NOT the Navy I used to belong to. It started creeping that way after Nam in the late 70's and got really out of control, at least in the Navy in the early 80's. Once known as LEADERSHIP was transformed into Management. "You manage things, logistics. YOU LEAD people."

Gee, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but even the liberal news has run items on how gangs are starting in the military. As far as being in the Navy in the 80s, that was a long time ago and things have changed, especially with so many young people being exposed to drugs and violence. What we all remember from years past isn't what things are like today. No matter how much we want to not believe something, the fact remains that it is true. In any event, let's all hope for the best.:pleasantry:

Ive personally seen the way some fellow marines shoot kind of scary.But the out come of ft hood would have been alot different if ccw permits were valid on on base

I guess I'm just missing this whole thing.................Your Active Duty, your mission is to KILL or augment that mission. For enlisted, once you're a NCO and have confirmed your ability. Why is there not more senior enlisted allowed to OPEN CARRY on Post/Base/Installation? OUR WHOLE BROADCASTED response to the attack at Fort Hood was that someone, a civilian, was finally able to stop this ONE MAN. MY GOD, am I the only one seeing what this is leading up to? Thank God it wasn't ten armed men coming over the wire with a full load of ammunition and AK's.
Yes, not everyone should be allowed to OC/CC on base. BUT those should be the exception NOT the rule. LOOK OUT if this nonchalant attitude continues, more of our sons and daughters will perish in US bases. This mamby-pamby, touchy-feely crap needs to be thrown out and REAL Leadership needs to return to our US Armed Forces.

Enlisted in 98, got out in 07. Never seen the "gangs" that are now reported to be in the military. So I was active duty Navy stationed on small boys, maybe the carriers have that issue. I did however see more than a few Californians who had never handled a gun before try to shoot a qualification to stand watches. They were reason enough to have more training than just be active duty.

Amen to that sir!!! Also. Is anyone thinking of those of us who live on base? I have a CCW Permit in NM. I have to unload my weapon, store the ammo seperate from the gun in my vehicle, and go directly to my home (on base) when entering the gate. I have to have my guns (all of them) registered with Security Forces (MPs). So, I am in the "profession of arms" and the state of NM trusts me guns, why am I not allowed to carry on base? I would not be opposed to an additional training requirement or qualification with the "carry gun." Hell I volunteer to teach the class (even on my own time).

Sorry, but that makes zero sense. What part of that is ok? Ok so long as you can carry? If they are going to grant the right (which I would love to see) how do you justify giving the right to one group while not allowing the other (read: the people in the actual military that work on the installation)?

Never been in the Military. I was hoping that what Militaryman meant was that those in the Military don't have the same rights as civilians and therefore it was the Military's prerogative to not let their soldiers carry on base. Unfortunately he did not state that in a later post. I do hope that our soldiers would be trusted to carry on base and not allow bases to continue to be "victim zones".
Glad he got the ball rolling on that to his Rep.

What I said was basicly that the pentagon was going to adopt uniform rules for having personal weapons on base. I also stated that we should get in touch with our congress reps to see if we who have carry permits could carry on military bases. Right now each base has their own rules. On some bases, those who have permits to carry form states cannot carry off base per base commanders orders. We have had some anti gun presidents. President Clinton made an executive order that personal firearms could not be carried on base by anyone (military or civilian) That is the rule today.

I work at a Army Installation, They have the same rules. Absolutely No Firearms.I drive 40+ miles one way. I would like to see it possible to carry at least to and from work. Can they guarantee my safety on the road ? A lock box to store your CCW at the gate would be fine with me as starters .

I would love to be able to carry on the Navy base where I work, but, alas, I cannot. Fortunately, there is a small Marine base right next to my Navy base, and the Marines have a shooting range where I can store my cc weapon daily. A bit of a PITA, but it is the best I can do for now. Maybe one day....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back