Outside The Waistband (OTW) Tips?

Roguestew

Always carried IWB, but I'm going to try out OWB with a good custom kydex holster. I'd appreciate any tips.

Prefer, OWB. IWB feels to constricting Ensure you wear a loose fitting shirt. 511 Tactical makes some really nice CCW shirts. Also look at getting a Crossbreed Holster they are extremely comfortable to wear

I carry OWB in an Link Removed holster. They snap around your belt, so you can put them on and take them off without removing your belt. They have a reinforcing band at the top of the holster that holds them open for reholstering. They are not cheap, but then cheap is not always the best choice. They are guaranteed for life.

At about the 4 o'clock position, they conceal well and are very comfortable. I carry a Sig P239 all day every day with no discomfort, sitting, standing or driving.

Just a suggestion.

When I carry OWB, it's in a Bob Mernickle PS6. It's very comfortable and I like the wedge, on the bottom of the flap that goes behind the belt, that keeps the grip in close to the body.

When I carry OTW it is with a good quality pancake holster and a good stiff gunbelt to keep everything cinched up tight and right...wear an outfitters cape back fishing shirt or guyarba type shirt and you blend in with the rest of the high end outdoors crowd at bass pro and cabelas...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back