Out of Control LEO"S

I never record sound. I'm in SC I know I can install cameras outside. My brother is in Ga from what I read he can't. I could be wrong but I swear it said that you never had a right to film someone. I intended to ask him about it but he is on vacation.

I appreciate everyones replys to my original post. To date, There have been no other conflicts with this officer or, any of his buddies. I truly hope That it all has just gone away. But, lerking in the back of my mind is that un-easy feeling everytime I see him. I know what he and, his buddies are capable of.... So for now, I keep my gaurd up But most Importantly, I dont let it Interfear with my life... Thanks Again,Take Care

Last edited:
Well. I see security cameras at every mall parking lot, traffic intersections. and all along the interstate and state roads here. I have four day/night vision cameras on the front of my house focused on my property. If anyone sues me, they'll immediately get a counter suit for trespassing.

There's been a rash of day time house breaks all around me, and night time vehicles being ransacked. Between the cameras, and stickers on every window and door which say WARNING: Unauthorized entry may result in personal injury or death. I sleep well at night. We had one car vandalized once, but nothing since the cameras went up. It records digital 24/7 and while I'm typing here I'm watching the princess backing into the driveway on the 4 split screen on my wife's computer right next to me. Great system. EZ Watch Pro.

Subject: "Can We Tape?"

Here is a consolidated list of 50 state laws concerning your question.

Link Removed

Chap

Thank God I live in Texas, in any case if you are on my property you will be recorded video and audio, if you wish to contest this you must enter my property past my "sweet dog" all 90 pounds of him and then 870 pump backed up by 45 most likely not worth the discussion.

get your butt to!!!

Bro my advise to you is get the State attorney General into the mix ! I would have a tape record also @ the ready also contact state police you beat go man go !!!!!

We use a GeoVision card in a dedicated computer at the shop. 16 cameras at 90 fps. With signs at the entrances saying video cameras in use. I've already burned 2 cds for police cases. We can watch the cameras from any of the computers at the shop.

If you are standing on my property your rights do not exist, per sign and warning anyone entering property anyone assumes all criminal, civil, moral responsibility for what befalls them. Beside dog can't read and will not respond to nice doggy.

Forget going to that police dept to register any complaints or whatever.
If you really want to pursue it, go to the state attorney general, who will get the state police into it and maybe even the feds.
But understand you will probably have to move to some other state after all this.
Police can do anything they want - but thankfully many are dedicated and professional and have some restraint, most of the time.
Not necessarily.
A couple of my family members not only got the cops removed in a village here that no longer exists, but the were even awarded 5 figure settlements afterward and they still live in that same village a decade or more later.

Of course, these two particular family members are rabidly persistent in just about everything they do.
I go out of my way to cooperate with LEO's, to a point of fault, Id say.
But if one ever harasses and threatens me like in the OP I'll spend every waking moment and every dollar I make filing lawsuits and complaints like my family members did until this guy wishes he hadnt been born and certainly never works in law enforcement again.

Aren't all cops out of control?
Ive dealt with a lot of cops in my life in one regard or another.
Ive yet to cross any that were out of control...and only one time back in 97 or so have I ever even crossed an unprofessional LEO. These two just didnt like that they had to come out on a call that particular evening. Nothing too bad.

My own interactions with LEO's has been entirely positive. Whether it was local PD, state troopers or county sheriffs.

Generalizing against all cops over the idiocy of a few isnt any better than ALL of us gun owners being berated and blamed over the one who commits a crime with a gun or does something stupid with one.

Actually the better solution is to have a citizen review board that has the power to terminate LEO's. It's a realy good and important check to have in place.
Definitely could deal with that.
Just vote them in and out like a Sheriff.
Vote bad cops out and send information to the rest of the state PD's, etc to let them know this guy isnt worth hiring.

:mad: I live in a small town west of Spokane Wasnington. The chief of police is a bully and a member of the 'good old boys' that includes a 'who is who' of everyone who runs the town. Complaints are put in the 'round file'. Sometimes the only way that justice can be done in the case of a bad cop is to hire the RIGHT lawyer and finding the right lawyer can be a challenge. I have learned to politely but firmly excersise my rights.

If I were you I would get a small video camera or digital recorder and record any future encounters you have with these ass clowns. If you end up in court it will be your word againt theirs and the judge is going to be on their side if you don't have evidence to support the truth.

+1!!!

I am just finishing up with my law Enforcement degree, and its dicks like those guys that make wanting to be a LEO hard.

Without going into detail, I served for a short period (18 Months) in a large metropolitan police department. I wish I could say that it left me with a deep respect for the police. It didn't. I found a very closed society, rife with bullies, corruption and a general disregard for private citizens,. I met a lot of good cops but I also worked with some very scary individuals with a lot of seniority. I believe part of it comes from the constant contact with violence, a predilection for bullying physical types to become LEOs, a feeling of isolation from general society and a need to CYA as a group.

We have to have them, chaos would reign if they weren't out there on the street. But I am just as afraid and leery of them as I am of the BGs. Never, never try to buck them. You are bound for disaster if they feel you are against them in any way. The Internal affairs types will only act against the LEOs if there is a political (departmental politics) reason to try to remove them. Citizens' complaints die on somebody's desk (after the mandatory phone call to the LEO to let him know you are an SOB out to ruin him.)

I show them respect, do what they tell me to do and then get away from them as soon as I can. This rule is good in any country and ours is no different. They aren't evil but they do live by a whole different philosophy and set of rules. I'm glad they are out there, but I deliberately avoid too much contact with them.

You people have some unhealthy views of society in general. Law Enforcement agencies differ from each other as much as the individual officers do, and for you guys to have opinions of "cops" like you do just shows an incredible amount of ignorance. I'm glad I stopped here before I wasted anymore time on this site.

...a predilection for bullying physical types to become LEOs, a feeling of isolation from general society...

Probably more of 'getting what you pay for'. In other words, most agencies hire very young, high school educated men...

This rule is good in any country and ours is no different.

lol, you have no idea

...but they do live by a whole different philosophy and set of rules.

If that's remotely true in any small manner then it's just a failure by that agency's administration and/or the people in your community to act on those things. What's really telling is that you and other posters in this thread seem to actually believe all people in Law Enforcement might all possibly be just like what you describe, and that would be an incredibly small-minded thing to think. I you guys are smarter than that.

I worked a decade servicing police communications equipment and was constantly in their environment, except of course in squads. The State Police, from state to state, I found generally more professional, citizen-respectful and a bit smarter than metro or county police. Your comment: "I found a very closed society, rife with bullies, corruption and a general disregard for private citizens,." is accurate. LSUfan71 probably brought apples for the teacher on a regular basis.

Last edited:
I feel I need to temper my remarks somewhat. I do not hate the police. I respect the job they do and have a sympathy for the LEOs themselves. But I think we need to realize that they are molded by their environment, just as we all are. After trying the LE environment, I went into school teaching (no apples!) and ended up as a a DYD (Department of Youth Development) or reform school teacher for four years and a "Behavior class" or Therapeutic Intervention Program (TIP) teacher for five years. I was trapped in the same "modification" environment as LEOs in that I worked only with disturbed children, mostly Juvenile Offenders. This was my curse for having served 30 years AD in the USMC!

Let us take a scenario where you and I are sitting outside a 7-11 at night and a young man walked out of the store with a bag, You might wonder if he bought sodas or groceries while I would be wondering whether he used a " nine" or a Raven .25 to hold up the place. I reached the point where all teenagers were "bad" to me.

How we perceive the world depends a lot on our everyday encounters with people. If the preponderance of our experience is with law abiding working people, we tend to be tolerant. If our experience is with law breakers and violent people, we tend to be reactive.

The average policeman tends to be physically aggressive and tribal by nature. These are good things, they make it possible for him to do his job. But, if you place him an environment where most people he deals with are mean, amoral and have no respect for order, he becomes even more aggressive and tribal. It just can't be helped, it is reality.

I don't condemn the LEOs but I do recognize that the best thing I can do is avoid any kind of possible adversarial situation with them and avoid conflict. If I don't like what they do, it is best to keep your mouth shut. Their superiors went through the same crucible they did and the "Law of the Pack" is a legitimate survival mechanism for them.

I lived in Chicago (stationed at NAS Glenview) for five years. The Chicago Police are some of the best trained and most efficient in the world. They are also among the most close knit and unforgiving in the world. Mess with one Chicago cop and you have all of them as an enemy. Is it wrong? No, it is how they survive.

Bottom line? Snuff it up and be a big boy. If you don't like what a cop is doing, report it anonymously. But stay out of it. Let them do their job. There is always more to the story than what we see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back