Oregon recongnizes all other statss CCW

mark49

Oregon recognizes all other statss CCW

Today Oregon announced they will accept all other states that will recognize their CCW permits

Oregon recognizes all other statss CCW

Today Oregon announced they will accept all other states that will recognize their CCW permits

Welcome to the forums, but the above is not accurate as of today (5/2/15) according to this blog dated the same day. The State Senate apparently hasn't even seen the bill yet:

Link Removed still has a long way to go to become law. The next step will be a Senate committee. No one knows what Senate committee the bill will be assigned to. Then it will go to the full Senate, and finally to the Governor for signature, if it is to pass.

Another somewhat interesting factoid about OR is highlighted at the same blog:

Oregon is one of only seven states where both houses and the governorship are controlled by Democrats, a trifecta. All Link Removedstates refuse to allow any reciprocity.

It may never be the case that OR institutes any reciprocity agreements, much less reciprocity with all states that issue permits, as is the case here in AL, until the Democrat trifecta is broken.

Blues

Ummmm......I hate to be the rain on the parade.

#1 The bill (HB 3093) has only passed the House. It is still a long way from becoming law. It still has to pass the Senate and be signed by the Governor.

#2 The bill neither recognizes all other states CCW nor does it recognize all other states that wiill recognize Oregon's. The bill requires the Oregon Department of Justice to prepare a list of states whose licenses will be accepted that BOTH a) Honor Oregon's license AND b) has proficiency training equal to or more stringent than Oregon's.

Thank you NavyLCDR. I had a hard time believing they would go from excepting NO OUT OF STATE PERMITS to accepting them all!

Would be nice. Would only leave Comifornica, for me, on the left coast.

Michigan recognizes all resident permits.

What a way to get me interested in a thread. I live in OR. I like it's been said, we have the Trifecta. Since I moved here never had I seen gun owner's rights in so much danger from the hoplophobe left. That such a bill passed the House has had me pinching my arm until I wake up.

I'm surprised this bill made it through the left wing house. Now it has to survive the left wing senate and be signed by our left wing governor. Don't see that happening. The left wing party is working hard to pass SB 941 (universal back ground checks on all private sales). We are told this bill will stop violent crime. :sarcastic:

The left wing party is working had to pass SB 941 (universal back ground checks on all private sales). We are told this bill will stop violent crime. :sarcastic:

But, keep in mind, once universal background checks passes, like in Washington, it will take about 80 years for all the criminals who have guns now to die off. Then, after that, when a criminal uses a gun to commit a crime with, you will have to blame all those horrible states like Nevada that don't have a UBC law for smuggling guns to criminals in Oregon. But don't look up here to Washington, we have our UBC law so there are no criminals buying guns here now! Just ask any libtard and they will confirm it.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back