opinions please

gkeil961

I have a G26 Gen 4, my buddy has a G27 Gen 3 and asked if I would be interested in trading my 26 for his 27?

What do you guys think?

Swap

Looks like your friend is looking to upgrade, which means you are downgrading. Gen4 is a much better and more advanced gun, if I was him I would want to swap also. Tell him to sell his to someone else and he can buy his own.

Yes, Gen 4 vs Gen 3 is a debate that could be made. I personally just went with the Gen 4 (Glock 19) but am sure I would have been happy with a Gen 3. But the biggest difference is between .40 caliber and 9mm. Any reason why you would want to make that change? I chose the 9mm because it costs less to shoot on a regular basis and I've seen data that says the stopping power with modern ammo isn't that much different.

Both are excellent firearms so change if you have good reason but I wouldn't just change for change.

I'm with the rest. I am ridding myself of my .40's, keeping my 9mm's and buying more .45acp's. The .40's are too expensive as opposed to the 9's and are not much different in knockdown. If I'm paying more for ammo, I may as well bump it and buy 45's.

I'd keep the 9. The G26 is such a nice little piece.

KK

I have a G26 Gen 4, my buddy has a G27 Gen 3 and asked if I would be interested in trading my 26 for his 27?

What do you guys think?

I suggest that you keep the Glock 26 and purchase a 'Lone Wolf' conversion barrel for it -w- some extra Glock magazines in .40 caliber.
That way you can switch between calibers whenever you want to but you still get to keep the firearms Gen 4 platform.

What do you guys think?

I think you should stick with the 26. The .40SW has no real ballistic advantage over the 9mm, especially in such a short barrel, and the ammo costs more, has more recoil, and gives you less rounds per magazine. It's dumb, in my opinion. Not you, the gun.

His 27 Gen3 is brand new bought 2 weeks ago, my 26 Gen 4 has about 1000 rds through it, but is in excellent condition not a mark on it and 100 percent flawless !

Honestly, I wish I liked Glocks more. I had a 19, but sold it; I just didn't like the way it felt in my hand, though I could shoot it well. I guess 1911s and K frames have spoiled me against them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back