Open Carry

Look I carry everywhere, yes even in Church - with pastor's permission, Other than a bank or Gov. building I do not do business with anyone who disallows my right to carry (my personal choice). I am a CCP holder and think everyone who is eligible should carry, get trained, certified and do so. I live in SC. I believe if open carry is allowed I hope we retain the right to still carry concealed. I like the element of surprise. Like Ted Nugent stated in a interview recently, Open Carry pretty much screams SHOOT ME FIRST to the bad guys. With the nuts out there these days open carry will not deter them they will just shoot you first and go on about their crime, (Heck that's what I would do if I was them). So after they shoot you I guess me and the others who are carrying concealed will get the drop on them. (JUST SAYIN) and good luck to you if you choose open carry, may God be with you.

lafaillepj:289687 said:
Look I carry everywhere, yes even in Church - with pastor's permission, Other than a bank or Gov. building I do not do business with anyone who disallows my right to carry (my personal choice). I am a CCP holder and think everyone who is eligible should carry, get trained, certified and do so. I live in SC. I believe if open carry is allowed I hope we retain the right to still carry concealed. I like the element of surprise. Like Ted Nugent stated in a interview recently, Open Carry pretty much screams SHOOT ME FIRST to the bad guys. With the nuts out there these days open carry will not deter them they will just shoot you first and go on about their crime, (Heck that's what I would do if I was them). So after they shoot you I guess me and the others who are carrying concealed will get the drop on them. (JUST SAYIN) and good luck to you if you choose open carry, may God be with you.

Hey RHINO, check this guy out! LOL what a goof ball, it makes complete sense why he feels he can't carry in a bank...

To the OP, you should focus on the "get trained" part...you should start on your laws, then move to methods of carry. And try not to fail so bad this time around.

>>

That whole shoot the OCer first thing. Somethings your not taking into consideration. Will the BG think tactical? Watch and look over every person in walmart before he robs the place. And most OCers have more situational awareness. For me it look at everyone and watch body language. If in a line in will put my strong side away from the person behind me. Not to worried about the person in front. They didn't see my gun in the first place. Just be happy people are carrying. I too support the NRA with my life membership. To think a CCer is smarter, quicker and will live longer is just plain ignorance.

I CC, however this has been done to death. I see nothing wrong with OC, I'm even shopping around for a nice, leather, OWB. I do see the OP trolling along here. Oh boy here we go again.....

I'm not sure why the battle between CC and OC. Everybody knows the CC crowd is right so why do we bother arguing. Just like there are those that carry Glocks and those that are foolish. Now, where do I get my cookie and some uh...... body armor?

P.S. 10th post for OP

This post doesn't even deserve a Boxxy reply. Instead, how about.... Boxxy's little brother!

Link Removed

La - French
Faille - French for FAIL!
pj - in his pajamas!

Ways to ride dead horses (aka failed projects):

1. Buy a stronger whip.
  2. Change riders.
  3. Say things like, “This is the way we have always ridden this horse.”
  4. Appoint a committee to study the horse.
  5. Arrange to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.
  6. Increase the standards to ride dead horses.
  7. Appoint a tiger team to revive the dead horse.
  8. Create training to increase riding ability.
  9. Compare the state of dead horses in today’s environment.
  10. Change the requirements declaring that “This horse is not dead.”
  11. Hire contractors to ride the dead horse.
  12. Harness several dead horses together for increased speed.
  13. Declare that “No horse is too dead to beat.”
  14. Provide additional funding to increase the horse’s performance.
  15. Do a Cost Analysis study to see if contractors can ride it cheaper.
  16. Purchase a product to make dead horses run faster.
  17. Declare the horse is “better, faster and cheaper” dead.
  18. Form a quality circle to find uses for dead horses.
  19. Revisit the performance requirements for horses.
  20. Say this horse was procured with cost as an independent variable.
  21. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.
  22. Outsource the dead horse to a low-cost country
  23. Try switching to Agile….
  24. When that doesn’t work, Try switching to Lean

Now... I ask ... with posts like that why in the world do folks think it is the OC'ers who go around starting the CC vs OC arguments?

First of all Dude.... your "permit" is NOT the right to carry. A "right" means not having to ask for permission (a permit). And that "permit" you think so highly of is exactly the kind of infringement mentioned in "shall not be infringed".

Secondly ..post some cites and/or links to where the OC'er was "shot first"... and that challenge goes to Nugent too. Show me the facts!!!!! Remember.... there are States like Arizona where folks have been OC'ing for decades so that would represent thousands of hours of OC'ing... so if what you say is true then there must be thousands of instances on record that you can present as fact where OC'ers have been "shot first". So prove it.... let's see the cites and/or links to incidents where it has happened.

Then... even if you do find the isolated incident... compare it to all those decades of OC... and then decide if there really is any rational reason to fear being "shot first" just because of OC.

Then do a 'net search on the tactic of surprise and you will discover that "the element of surprise" is an offensive (you know.. the bad guy is the one on the offense) and not a defensive (you know... the CC'er hoping to have the opportunity to be the knight in shining armor and show some bad guy a thing or two by opening a can of super secret magical mystical ninja skill "element of surprise" all over him) tactic.

I get so tired of the CC'ers who think their "permit" is some kind of super special flip card that says... "Bond... James Bond"... when in reality it is nothing more than a permission slip that allows carrying a pistol in a concealed manner.

Not to mention that some CC'ers think that permission slip is some kind of proof they occupy an elevated strata of society and therefor should be recognized as............ special.

CC or OC... OC or CC.... or BOTH! at the same time.... just carry the damn thing...and stop trying to convince other folks CC'ers are somehow better than OC'ers... while you work to have the true right to bear arms (no permit required) recognized.

Ways to ride dead horses (aka failed projects):
21. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.

That's good...I'm gonna have to save this list, but I especially like #21. I've actually seen this happen in state government!

I carry a made out oak wooden cane and a nice sharp sized pocket knife for the little minor incidental stuff. I carry CC for the major stuff. Open Carry only tries to make you look bad and that you better not mess with me man cause I have a gun. Very childish and freaking STUPID!! Get outta my damn face you freak coward piece of ****!! You're only scaring kids and some men and women that hates the site of guns. It's people like you that screws up the system. Dumb ass!!

I carry a made out oak wooden cane and a nice sharp sized pocket knife for the little minor incidental stuff. I carry CC for the major stuff. Open Carry only tries to make you look bad and that you better not mess with me man cause I have a gun. Very childish and freaking STUPID!! Get outta my damn face you freak coward piece of ****!! You're only scaring kids and some men and women that hates the site of guns. It's people like you that screws up the system. Dumb ass!!

Very nice sarcasm there. I almost thought you were being serious!

sarcasm.jpg

We can dwell on this topic for the rest of your and my life and probably through the next lifetime and where it gets us? On the same freaking topic. Some agree, some disagree, some ignorant, jokers and what have you. What it all boils down to, your right our constitution. BUT... Open carry in some States is Illegal, now in Arizona the wild old west, you can open carry also conceal without a permit.. But even if it's legal in Arizona not many people want to open carry because of kids. Now with that said, would want to scare a child. Not me... Go to a park where children plays and let's find out how far you'll get.

Steve357:290796 said:
We can dwell on this topic for the rest of your and my life and probably through the next lifetime and where it gets us? On the same freaking topic. Some agree, some disagree, some ignorant, jokers and what have you. What it all boils down to, your right our constitution. BUT... Open carry in some States is Illegal, now in Arizona the wild old west, you can open carry also conceal without a permit.. But even if it's legal in Arizona not many people want to open carry because of kids. Now with that said, would want to scare a child. Not me... Go to a park where children plays and let's find out how far you'll get.

Open carry is legal in WA without a permit as well. In fact, I was at the park a week ago with my wife, teaching her how to properly throw a ball for the dogs (was a baseball player in my past life). I went the whole day open carrying, around kids, with my dogs (FYI both are pitbull mixes OMG SO SCARY), without a hitch. Next?

You should check out www.bradycampaign.org , I hear they are calling gun owners scary stupid idiots, so you should fit right in.

>>

Get your god damn finger off the fricken trigger unless you're ready to shoot, you moron. Or do have a target in your ceiling where you want the bullet hole?

Link Removed

And no children have run in terror at the sight of my gun, safely kept in it's holster. You would probably scare the hell out of flashing your gun around like your Dirty Harry. The only people that have expressed fear over the sight of my gun have been concealed carry only snobs who tremble at the sight of their own guns in a mirror. Go take you ignorant comments to the Brady Campaign where they will agree with you, and maybe they can teach you how to safely handle that pea shooter of yours.

We can dwell on this topic for the rest of your and my life and probably through the next lifetime and where it gets us? On the same freaking topic. Some agree, some disagree, some ignorant, jokers and what have you. What it all boils down to, your right our constitution. BUT... Open carry in some States is Illegal, now in Arizona the wild old west,

Yeah.. sure... that tired derogatory old refrain of "the wild old West".

you can open carry also conceal without a permit.. But even if it's legal in Arizona not many people want to open carry because of kids. Now with that said, would want to scare a child. Not me... Go to a park where children plays and let's find out how far you'll get.

Another old and tired emotional refrain straight out of the anti gunner propaganda... the same ... "OH MY GAWD!!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!" crap again. And it fails simply because the deterrent effect of a gun in plain sight can protect the children by scaring off would be predator perverts.
And with posts like this from Steve357 folks think it is the OC'ers who start the CC vs OC arguments?

My replies are in blue within the post.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back