Open Carry Coming To Oklahoma?

well , i hope they have the guts to make it a law, but i'm not convinced. as far as the training goes ...I dont need no stinkig training....lol.

No current CCW Holders will just probably have to get a card from there CCW instructor to prove that they have been thru the class,or at the most go to an open carry update class. unfortunatly the new law is not very specific,we'll see what happens after the full House finishes reveiwing it.

No current CCW Holders will just probably have to get a card from there CCW instructor to prove that they have been thru the class,or at the most go to an open carry update class. unfortunatly the new law is not very specific,we'll see what happens after the full House finishes reveiwing it.

I concur, and we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with.

Heck, marijuana may be controlled like beer and wine in Colorado, to be the first place in the world to be legal.

Oklahoma has the Compassionate car Act of 2012 trying to approve medical marijuana. Reverend Pat Robertson is recommending decriminalizing it.

The world is getting interesting.

WOW, it has passed the full house now and the Govenor said off the record monday night that she is looking forward to it hitting her desk,to sign it into law. If that happens looks like Nov 1st 2012 to go into effect. Oh and sir Charlie I agree on the world getting interesting, makes you wonder whats next.

CAPTAINJACK:287588 said:
WOW, it has passed the full house now and the Govenor said off the record monday night that she is looking forward to it hitting her desk,to sign it into law. If that happens looks like Nov 1st 2012 to go into effect. Oh and sir Charlie I agree on the world getting interesting, makes you wonder whats next.
It hasn't been through the Senate yet has it? Will they likely pass it? I might be confused with the National Reciprocosity bill?

Ok new ones sb 1092 by senator steve russell,sb 1733 ,sb 1557, sb 1549 to remove city county and state buildings from the self defence act,leaving only federal and schools, sb 1947 pertains to leo notification,sb 1810 open carry in vehicles only. Check em out they are all being revued by state public safety

I've been trying to find the place online where I can go, and see how everyone voted on past bills, Senate and House, and it sounds like you might know.
I've found a place or two where I can see the stuff they are voting on right now, but I'd like to see how some people voted on some things in the past.
Sometimes I think the OK House and OK Senate needs a shakedown and some people replaced.

If there is not a place like that, then there should be. Actually, it should be posted on the Senate and House website. They should be proud of how they voted and not want it hidden. I want to be able to go back and see how some senators voted on issues in the past. I really think that some people get re-elected just because of name recognition / because people know their name. If they get re-elected, it should be because the person thinks, believes, and wants the same way that they do.
Thanks,
Chuck

what's going on ... no action on open carry? Is it dead again? Can we really count on legislature to do something right this time? I have been more than sceptical all along.

There's an open carry bill again in process. Let's hope that that it makes it thru this time. It's a start.

One more step towards open carry in Okla. Passed the house of reps, 85-3, headed for a committee. Keep our hopes up.

Yep, it passed and is on the way to the Governor, and she has promised to sign. There were some very confusing variations to the Open Carry Bill, but the one that passed is the one that says if you have a Concealed Carry License, then you would automatically be able to Open Carry without any other classes or certifications. There were other bills that was a Open Carry bill with no previous license required, but that isn't the one that passed. True Constitutional proponents are let down on that fact, but I like this version better, but that is just my worthless 2 cents worth. The woman Governor we have is looking forward to signing the bill, so I'm in love with her, lol. The hard part now is, we have to wait until Nov 1 for it to become law after it is signed.

So with open carry coming in November, I'm curious to know how many of us will choose OC over CC on a daily basis. Would anyone care to share your thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back