Open Carry Coming To Oklahoma?

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Open Carry in Oklahoma gained momentum this year with an open carry bill, HB 3354, being passed by the Oklahoma House but then soon being vetoed but he Governor at the time. Now that Mary Fallin was declared winner last night, are we soon going to see that bill being signed into law? Here's a quote from her campaign website:

Furthermore, I believe that gun ownership rights in Oklahoma can and should be expanded. Gov. Brad Henry vetoed an "open carry" law that would have permitted responsible gun owners to carry weapons without concealing them. When I am governor, I will sign that bill into law and send a message that in Oklahoma, we mean business when it comes to the second amendment.

Open carry can't come soon enough for this CCW Permit owner. Maybe I won't always open carry but I feel it will make all carry safer from Police abuse.

I can't say that I would look forward to seeing a bunch of insecure people without any training whatsoever running around with a weapon in their hip.

Interesting debate. I just took the conceal carry class and didnt know that open carry was being discussed in our state.

I can't say that I would look forward to seeing a bunch of insecure people without any training whatsoever running around with a weapon in their hip.
That can be a problem for sure. Here in Mi., we have open carry, but anyone that can BUY a gun can also Carry it. I think everyone should have a required amount of training to be able to carry, OC or CC.

Here in Mi., we have open carry, but anyone that can BUY a gun can also Carry it.
That's right. The amendment reads "keep AND bear."

missoak said:
I think everyone should have a required amount of training to be able to carry, OC or CC.
And which other basic human rights do you want to require training for?

That can be a problem for sure. Here in Mi., we have open carry, but anyone that can BUY a gun can also Carry it. I think everyone should have a required amount of training to be able to carry, OC or CC.

A lot of people are thinking if Oklahoma gets the open carry, they can just stick a handgun in belt or holster and hit the streets.
They are not correct in their thinking, you still must have the Oklahoma CCW permit.

SirCharlie:222872 said:

So poor people lose their right to self defense because they can't afford training?

open carry

not going to happen people... takes guts and leadership to pass something as brazen as open carry. they will say they will back it but when the chips are down noway. can you really see okla. letting its people openly flaunt somoething so anti government as walking around in public with a gun showing.The founding fathers wrote in the 2nd amendment so the people would be able to defend themselves from the government. and thats the last thing the govrenment wants.

IT IS COMMING FEB 6,2012 ,It will require training such as CCW or simalar. the new bill wil allow persons with a training card to carry a loaded or unloaded pistol,rifle or shot gun any place that you can currently go if you have a CCW and the Govenor has said if it hits her desk she WILL sign it into law.

Except for the training part of the bill I like it. If you can leagally purchase a firearm then you should be able to open carry.

Ok new ones sb 1092 by senator steve russell,sb 1733 ,sb 1557, sb 1549 to remove city county and state buildings from the self defence act,leaving only federal and schools, sb 1947 pertains to leo notification,sb 1810 open carry in vehicles only. Check em out they are all being revued by state public safety

Ok peeps,it looks like sb 1733 has passed the department of public safety 8-1 and is alive and well. Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!open carry may become reality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back