Obama "Strongly Objects" to Religious Liberty Amendment....

Quantum mechanics/physics proves how little we know about anything. It also boggles my mind what little we do know about subatomic particles.

I've always been a cynic who believed based on the "if I may see it, it must be real" philosophy. That's worked well for me on large targets (no pun intended).

Wish I were not so old that witnessing unimaginable discoveries were a possibility. I want to see manipulation of the fabric of space/time, allow us to discover multiple universes up close and personal, if theory is to be believed.

For now, the universal void between my ears is the only thing I may manipulate, with some difficulty.

Don't worry about being a cynic. George Bernard Shaw said, "What is the use of straining after an amiable view of things, when a cynical view is most like to be the true one?" With age, one becomes unable to manipulate that void between one's ears and has to learn to just sit back and watch what happens at a rapid pace. We will see a new universe soon enough.

I don't limit my God on anything. I believe he set all things in motion and that means all the rules of this and any other universe/s. Wither macro or micro. All is his work and will. even the evolution of man and/or space

Makes sense to me, who else could tip the first domino? I'm open minded guys, you should know that by now. I like to think I'm an agnostic.

Latest development in case anybody is still interested: Link Removed

Sounds like the Defense Department has the level head on this one.

From the posted article:
“In general, servicemembers may share their faith with other servicemembers, but may not forcibly attempt to convert others of any faith or no faith to their own beliefs,” he said. “Servicemembers can share their faith, but must not force unwanted, intrusive attempts to convert others of any faith or no faith to one’s beliefs.

Of course this won't satisfy the zealots.

As Christians we need to accept God's Word for what it says, from the beginning to the end. If the plain sense makes sense, don't look for any other sense, or you'll end up with nonsense. God knows how to communicate. He wants to communicate.

Yep that is correct BLIND unquestioning faith in a book penned by MAN edited and re-edited by MAN. Amazingly enough the majority stories that where used where around almost FOUR THOUSAND years prior to the bible in African/ Egyptian texts almost verbatim. Blind faith requires no understating, thought or intelligence just simple obedience to a book. Lucky for us we live in a country founded on the freedom to believe what you want. Unlike the Europe we left where you believed what those the interpreted the book said or they killed you.

Amazingly enough the majority stories that where used where around almost FOUR THOUSAND years prior to the bible in African/ Egyptian texts almost verbatim. Blind faith requires no understating, thought or intelligence just simple obedience to a book.

It's so much more difficult to hide your ignorance than it is to acquire knowledge. But as it's said, "You can lead an atheist to evidence but you can't make them think".

It's so much more difficult to hide your ignorance than it is to acquire knowledge. But as it's said, "You can lead an atheist to evidence but you can't make them think".

Ok I will play. Please feel free to show physical proof that the bible IS the word of god without using FAITH as the reason. I can if you wish ( and have ) shown many examples of the editing with significant changes to both word and meaning tot he book by man over the years ever the removal of many books the "church" thought where to much for the masses to handle as after the people learned to read and books where printed for their use the people quickly had questions the church could not answer. Rather then loose power over the people they altered the book both in content and meaning. These are FACTS I will be happy to provide links to texts of very old books with comparisons to the "new" altered versions.

As for my point about the stories in the bible being STOLEN and around far before the bible and before the bible says they occurred. Look to Greek mythology for example the bible copied many stories directly from the Greeks From the garden of Edan to Dinoysus ( renamed Jesus in the bible ). Please fell free to tell me here exactly how the bible contains the same stories as these writings that where around 4 thousand years before jesus was even supposed to have been born form the virgin mother amazingly exactly the same as Dinoysus was? The fact is the book you relay on is easy proven to be a mass of stolen and altered taxes from other places with a few original storied thrown in. Also see the book of the dead form Egypt for some more amazing stories that where around thousands of years before the bible was even thought of.

I can predict you're uneducated blind faith answer. Because the bible says so and that is gods word. Please feel free to show me where the ignorance on the facts is on those of us who can read is. Blind faith like with all cults only works when you deal with people taught to not question it thus no religion allows followers to question the word. While those in the real world question everything and with a open mind and using the facts are able to come to a conclusion.

Arguing with slogan-spewing religious dimwits is like mud-wrestling a pig.

You get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back