Obama opens door to tolls on interstate highways

longslide10

More raping of American citizens. I'd like to see them try and I think many would simply not pay. Just think how this would effect the trucking industry, our food and other items we buy. This must never happen and even if it did pass what percentage do you think would actually go into repairing roads? It would likely end up in politician's pockets. Spend, spend, spend then raise taxes so we can spend some more.

Link Removed

dont people always ***** about too much government regulation and need for more state rights??

“We believe that this is an area where the states have to make their own decisions,” Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx told the Washington Post. “We want to open the aperture, if you will, to allow more states to choose to make broader use of tolling, to have that option available.”

Link Removed

i've already paid tolls in texas and south carolina..and at least the one in SC was a newer section.

Howdy,

Toll roads have been around for a long time ( Roman Empire ) so what's you're point?

Paul

This is just another way to tax us. The states AND the Federal gubments get a ton of money from the gas tax but use the money on everything BUT repairing and upgrading the roads. The oil companies only make about $0.05 a gallon on gas but the states and the Feds get 4-5 or more per gallon. The libs like to scream about how the oil companies are making huge profits. But what about the gubments profits and WHERE IS THE MONEY THEY GET GOING?

The left say they want mass transit but if we all went to mas transit. But if we did that they would lose all the revenue they get from the gas tax and wwe all know that "our wonderful and caring" elected morons can not do with one dime less in the budget!!!

More raping of American citizens. I'd like to see them try and I think many would simply not pay. Just think how this would effect the trucking industry, our food and other items we buy. This must never happen and even if it did pass what percentage do you think would actually go into repairing roads? It would likely end up in politician's pockets. Spend, spend, spend then raise taxes so we can spend some more.

Link Removed
It is the continued raping of the working Americans. Oppressive taxation to support the Fed's who then dole out to select voting public to get re-elected. Where the hell are all my local and State tax money going for roads? Matching funds from the Feds? Screw that, lets keep our money inside our respective States. Sometime soon the 10th Amendment will rise. Like the mighty Phoenix rising above the ashes. (Sorry, had a Wishbone Ash moment on the Phoenix thing)

I live in PA and know from long experience the toll road going from the west end of the state to the east is absolute crap. It is expensive and the road is constantly down for construction repairs (I-76). So I use State Rte 30 or 22 instead. It's a nicer drive, there aren't as many morons on the road and I don't pay anyone to use it (except in our state taxes and Federal monies that come down the pike).

I'd like to know since the article was more than obtuse:
a) what is the "Obama administration" doing to "open a door" to make it easier to toll interstates?
b) what is this "Federal prohibition" the article speaks of when there are already tolls on some interstates?

You got to love the fact that these people that write these stories still call themselves "investigative" journalists. How about some facts to go along with your statements. Geesh.

Rediscover the state roads of America and their towns along the way. A favorite of mine when my wife and I rode my motorcycles. Researching scenic and backwoods paved roads used to be an obsession of ours.

I only travel Interstate roads if necessary.

The left say they want mass transit but if we all went to mas transit. But if we did that they would lose all the revenue they get from the gas tax and wwe all know that "our wonderful and caring" elected morons can not do with one dime less in the budget!!!

I don't believe this country is set up for mass transit like it is in Europe so it won't work here unless the whole infrastructure changes.

I live in PA and know from long experience the toll road going from the west end of the state to the east is absolute crap. It is expensive and the road is constantly down for construction repairs (I-76). So I use State Rte 30 or 22 instead. It's a nicer drive, there aren't as many morons on the road and I don't pay anyone to use it (except in our state taxes and Federal monies that come down the pike).

I'd like to know since the article was more than obtuse:
a) what is the "Obama administration" doing to "open a door" to make it easier to toll interstates?
b) what is this "Federal prohibition" the article speaks of when there are already tolls on some interstates?

You got to love the fact that these people that write these stories still call themselves "investigative" journalists. How about some facts to go along with your statements. Geesh.

I remember not that long ago (2006) the PATP used to cost me just under 5.00 to run to Breezewood it is now a ridiculous 10.50. More than a 100% increase in 8 years and it is constantly under construction. 1 year they go east for repairs then next is westbound and then repeat. It is union (I wouldn't doubt Philly area mafia involvement either) controlled for job security. They use the cheapest grade materials too. Rt 30 is a very slow route unless you don't mind following heavy trucks up and down the hills and are in no rush. 22 is better but still have to contend with some 2 lane, trucks and traffic through the myriad of towns but with the rates the PATP charges now, one is likely better to go 30 or 22.

Rediscover the state roads of America and their towns along the way. A favorite of mine when my wife and I rode my motorcycles. Researching scenic and backwoods paved roads used to be an obsession of ours.

I only travel Interstate roads if necessary.

Now your speaking my language.

Were already working on this. Major Drag. We jut don't go into Seattle much anymore partly due to the tolling.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back