Not with our a warrant.

alextpearson

Though I would shave a video of another out of control cop.

Well i will stand corrected i had heard from multiple people that this was not the case glad to see it was only a joke.

A joke? An out of control cop is funny? I guess this one went over my head. Either way I'm not too happy with this video.

No it's not an out of control cop.
It's two cops making a joke video.

The idiocy of this defense is obviously lost on the cop(s?) who made the video if what you say is true.

Code:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeFi0LQU_PI]Police Officers Goes Crazy Police Misconduct St. Marys West Virginia - YouTube[/url]

That's the original 5 minute video. If it is a prank, then the cop in the patrol car used a city-owned vehicle, turned on his lights when no emergency or legitimate pursuit was taking place, was presumably on duty at the time, thus stealing pay from the taxpayers so that he could make fun of abusing them, and the upshot from what I can tell is that nothing happened to either of the cops involved, not even a reprimand.

How the defense of, "It was a prank" is helpful to the image of either those two cops or the City who apparently laughed right along with them is beyond me.

Blues

+1 on Scuba's post. It is in very poor taste. Lots of people will see it and never know it was staged. LEOs have enough "ten percenters" that cast them in a bad light without jerks like these.

This is a joke? It is NOT funny if it is. It is NOT funny if it isnt. And people say the policeman is your friend and to be trusted. Just like the IRS auditor. Remember the words: Am I free to go?, I do not consent to this search, and I am remaining silent and want a lawyer. This video funny? Not to anyone including an honest cop.

If it's real...I not only blame the cop, I blame those that always just say Yes to everything a LEO ask of them. Because it conditions the LEO to always hear Yes, so when they hear No...it just sets them off.

If it is fake...not only a waste of time and resources but I think it was probably to intimidate motorist to say Yes in the future...so as not to upset the LEO.

Either way....bad

Gotta be fake. If a guy really had a possession charge six months earlier, a simple phone call could get the cop a warrant within minutes. And that's what an ego bruised cop would do--totally find a way to wield his power.

Police are wonderful, police are great, police want to be your friend, police dont manipulate, police dont bully people, police never lie, police never arrest the wrong person, police never break the law. But then I believe that Santa will bring me the winning $200,000,000 lotto numbers next Christmas. Oh Im Santa.

I had a local police officer ask that during a "headlight out" stop. It took me by surprise, and I politely responded: "I'd need to see your warrant first". He chuckled and said "they asked us to ask, I'm sure you're good". He didn't press the issue while he ran my plates and license.

When he came back he followed up "you check out, but you're not hiding anything you don't want me to find in there, are you?" When I replied to the contrary he asked "So, out of curiosity, why'd you say no to letting me search your car?"

Being as polite as I could I simply replied "I'm a law-abiding citizen -- and you are too. I know that if you had reason to suspect I was doing something wrong you wouldn't have a problem getting a warrant and carrying out your search -- legally. Without a warrant or my consent you'd be breaking the law, and I'd be the one arresting you." He smiled, chucked and said "I guess you would!" He handed back my license and registration, told me to "get that headlight fixed" and sent me on my way.

I wouldn't advise anyone to respond that way to a LEO, but I could tell this guy was only asking because he'd been "ordered" to... and was very pleasant and polite -- and knew that I was, too.

It was staged. Here's the report and the other video they made.

Link Removed

Thank you for actually doing research instead of sitting at your computer and complaining about police and other crap like so many on this forum do without having any knowledge of the people they are judging.

Thank you for actually doing research instead of sitting at your computer and complaining about police and other crap like so many on this forum do without having any knowledge of the people they are judging.

Are you suggesting that there's nothing deserving of negative commentary about the antics of the two LEOs in this video?

Are you suggesting that there's nothing deserving of negative commentary about the antics of the two LEOs in this video?

No, what he is saying is that in his (and those like him) eyes, only those cops who get caught doing something illegal/immoral are bad, but ALL the ones who have yet to be caught are still 100% trustworthy and we should NEVER be concerned for our safety or rights when we deal with them...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back