Non Resident CCW Turn Around Time

I sent my non-resident application on 9/17/12 and received my permit today, 10/5/2102. 18 days total turnaround time. And, I wasn't penalized for living in California.

Good to hear that AZ is pretty quick. I just sent my application in today so hopefully by middle of November I will get my permit.

Sent in my application on 10/1/2012, AZ DPS received it on 10/5/2012 but didn't send the print cards and the run a background until 10/15/2012 (called that day and spoke to a nice woman at AZ DPS), permit issued 10/17/2012, received on 10/20/2012. And I live in lovely Illinois.

I received a receipt for my payment from VA for my nonresident license on Sept 28, 2012. The letter said 10-12 weeks but I emailed yesterday and was told it would be the end of January before September licenses are completed. So, apparently a bit behind.

Utah got mine out in less than 50 days, AZ uses batch processing so it depends on their backlog but they issued mine 2 days after they entered it into the batch, 17 days from sending in the app. And I should note that I had to answer yes to several Utah questions because of some stupid crap I did in my youth so they had to check into that.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

In case anyone was wondering, just called DPS, spoke to "Pam" and she said they are currently working on processing applications received around February 12, 2013. Current processing is taking a full 60 days for initial applications.

I sent them an e-mail on June 3, 2013 and received this in response:

"Unable to confirm. Receiving approximately 800 applications daily. Staff are currently processing applications RECEIVED in our unit on APRIL 8"

Initially, they told me that it would take 75 *business* days.. as in *15* weeks! That's clearly crazy. Is there a law stating how long they have to turn around a non-resident permit?

I sent mine in on May 14th... hoping to have it by August!

That it is. Still, though, it's no excuse not to process them, especially if there is a legal time limit set. Kansas hired 10 new people to process their flood of applications. Arizona should do the same.

They'd have to figure out whose friend of family member would get the plum job. That takes time.

Just received my non resident AZ CWP. Originally sent it to AZ in May. At the time, the AZDPS advised me in an email, that it process would take 75 days. Actual time was a little less.

Which is good. Much better to advertise a longer time, and get it done sooner, that to advertise a shorter time, but take longer.

Well, I finally got my permit in the mail today. Almost 3 months to the day. I called them last week to let them know that we were moving soon and would need to change our address. The woman I spoke with was very nice. She told me that she could see what was holding it up and get it in the mail to me. Apparently it has either slowed down there or they've hired a lot of people because a month ago I couldn't even get someone to answer the phone.

Just an update.....
Mailed Application 4/19/2013
Received at AZDPS 4/22/2013
Entered into AZDPS system 6/17/2013
Still waiting....as of 11/21/2013
I called and was told they are working on applications entered on 6/14/2013, so I should only have another week or so wait.... but I have been told so many differing stories from these people that until I actually see my permit in my mailbox I don't believe a word they say...

The AZ DPS folks must be waiting on some information from your home state or from the feds because I sent my application in on the week of September 23, 2013 and they printed the letter included with my permit on October 2 and mailed it on October 3 so it only took a little over a week total. This is the first CCW permit I've ever applied for but there are a couple of things that might make me unusual. First, I've lived in AZ most of my life with only a couple of years located in CA or in England. The second circumstance is that I have a security clearance and have had one for most of my adult life, but I don't know if that has any bearing on my background check here in AZ or not. Now if you live in an anti-gun state, your state may be holding up the background investigation because I think the AZ DPS folks are probably processing these CCWs as fast as they are able to given the information that they require from wherever they are getting it from. They are obviously not that busy if my permit came so quickly and entirely within the time you've been waiting.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back