No carry signs

thedub88

Is there a law about no carry signs here in Mass? I only saw 1 in 2.5 years at a trail head I was hiking. Whats the deal?

>>I only saw 1 in 2.5 years at a trail head I was hiking<<

Only in Mass would they not want you to protect yourself in the wild! :wacko:

Don't know, never really paid attention to 'em... Except for the US post office and schools/municipal buildings, I take the Elmer Fudd approach, Be vewy, vewy quiet..

"No Carry" signs

I am glad our community (at least) provides lock-boxes adjacent to the municipal building metal detectors. This was done specifically to accomodate official and CC carriers, despite our mayor being a Bloomberg syncophant ( a Mayors-Against-Guns nut). Fortunately, our police chief has the ''shall issue'' mentality despite the mayor's self-delusion.

I too, however, have yet to see any "no firearms" signs, in any variation, in our area.

GOAL.org membership and H2259 is the cure to those one considers "mislead and misinformed (Mass.) 'liberals'".

By law you have to have a sign "In Plain Sight" to ban guns from any property. If not then they can't charge you with trespassing for carrying. Unless they ask you to leave and you don't of course. Here in VA theres a state law which requires that the sign be at average eye level and Must have the crossed out gun on it. to eliminate the "I didn't see it, or understand it" excuse which is good because a lot of places here put a tiny one somewhere on the bottom of the door. Not that anyone listens to them of course. If MA ever changes there crap gun laws and people realize it, you'll see the signs go up everywhere. At least around Boston. Can't wait to move back :sarcastic:

Here in VA we have the VCDL which is the VA Equivalent of GOAL, When you join they give you a stack of laminated cards that have that pic on the back and says "For your convenience, you will be added to out gun owner unfriendly business database." On the front it says

As a Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit Holder, I Have
-NO felony or domestic violence convictions
-NO mental defect or disabilities
-PASSED a criminal background check
-TRAINED in the safe and proper use of guns

How Much do you know about your other customers?

It a good idea, People do pay attention to the list. GOAL should copy this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back