Night Crabbing and Hoodlums

Addicted

Just got shot at by a 380 after I was crabbing with my fiance. Fortunate for the Juggalo that shot at us, he waited until we were leaving and I was 200 yards away leaving me no legal way to return fire in our defense(densely populated condos behind the group of 5). So as we were walking back to the car to go home I hear a small pop from a 380 come from the bridge. My fiance and I just looked at each other and agreed that it sounded like a 380, laughed, shrugged and kept walking and got in the car and left as normal. A 380 only lays down 180ft/lbs out of the muzzle, at 200 yards he may have been more intimidating with an arrow. And for the record there was no communication between my fiance and I with the group of drunken wannabe thugs the hour we were there. We were 50 or so feet away crabbing the other end of the bridge. I also overheard that he is out on bond and is awaiting an arraignment coming up next week for felony charges and lives with his grandmother. Drunken loudmouths for you. Why do people try to intimidate innocent people? Little did he know I possess a concealed carry permit and a 40 S&W everywhere I go sans gov buildings, things would have been bad for him had he assaulted me with the firearm while I was in range. The situation would have only been worse had I returned fire, bullets surely would have went through condominium homes in the background. Provided with those circumstances I felt it was best to continue walking and just leave :sarcastic:

Why is that you suspect they were shooting AT YOU as opposed to discharging for hell of it? People shoot all the time around here and I don't think they are shooting AT me....

I would have called the police if I could have better identified him, 3 were shirtless and looked alike from my distance. I doubted that it would hold up in court and I would have to testify a positive ID on the shooter from 200+ yards at night. I figured it was a lost cause. If I were closer and engaged in self defensive fire on the thug I would have certainly called

Why is that you suspect they were shooting AT YOU as opposed to discharging for hell of it? People shoot all the time around here and I don't think they are shooting AT me....

I know they were shooting to attempt at intimidating us, I am positive. This took place in a very populated urban area as well, there is no "safe" or legal place to shoot for 20 miles

someone allegedly shooting at you...and no polIce called for whatever reason...yea...

here they come...can't wait for 3-5 more of these kinds of threads to pop up...

someone allegedly shooting at you...and no place called for whatever reason...yea...

I guess you don't know how the police work in the 757 area code. If they didn't see it it didn't happen. They are only interested in revenue here. I was an armed security officer in Norfolk for 2 years, once while on duty at a 7/11 there was an issue with 3 guys causing trouble in the parking lot, I called 911 to Norfolk Va Police Dispatch and they instructed me that they were understaffed on officers and that I would have to call my supervisor at the security firm for assistance with the violent individuals. I registered here just now to share what just happened tonight because I felt the need to share, not get flamed.

Very poor judgement call on your part!!!!

I call complete B.S. totally.... You took the CCW Class and have your CCW, YOU CALL THE COPS hands down!!!!! End of story. What if said "Bad Guys" stayed around and ended up hurting someone after you left??????? What do you tell the Cops then?????? "Oh it's no big deal" they were just seemingly drunk and discharging what you knew to be a .380 from 600 Feet away.

You must have incredible hearing and knowledge as well, except for calling the Police (That would be too LOGICAL). Someone like you doesn't deserve a CCW if you don't think about your fellow Man/Woman.

Very Lame!!!!!!

It doesn't take incredible hearing to roughly identify handgun calibers. This is the ghetto, 380s and 9mm hipoints are a plague. You must live in a safe place where people have morals. Here its grade D low class citizens that drain the welfare dry. I believe they have a stigma for such, some refer to such low caliber individuals around this area as a thing called trash, aka criminals. The residents who live at the place that it happened can call the police. Are you aware of how many gunshots are reported in this area daily? Look at any of the Hampton Roads news websites and see how many people get murdered here daily. My experience was a drop in the bucket at what goes on. Trubiet, you truly sound like a nieve sheep. What bubble do you live in? POP :yu:

Here are just a few: http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/dp-nws-2011-homicides,0,3436832,full.story

someone allegedly shooting at you...and no place called for whatever reason...yea...

I guess you don't know how the police work in the 757 area code. If they didn't see it it didn't happen. They are only interested in revenue here. I was an armed security officer in Norfolk for 2 years, once while on duty at a 7/11 there was an issue with 3 guys causing trouble in the parking lot, I called 911 to Norfolk Va Police Dispatch and they instructed me that they were understaffed on officers and that I would have to call my supervisor at the security firm for assistance with the violent individuals. I registered here just now to share what just happened tonight because I felt the need to share, not get flamed.

what does police staffing have anything to do with you calling them to start a record of illegal activity? first post, suspicious name, ridiculous story...gotta agree with the post above me

I didn't come here to be harassed.
Are any of you familiar with Hampton Roads homicide rate? This is the GHETTO. You all live in a bubble
Since my last post disappeared HOMICIDES IN HAMPTON ROADS FOR 2011 - dailypress.com

Your "Ghetto" isnt any more dangerous than any other cities ghetto. Oh yea and if it was as bad as you claim your ghetto is, then you would be so used to people randomly shooting that you wouldnt need to come here and say OMG someone shot at or around me.

Glad you weren't hurt. Had things escalated, the news media would now be full of pictures of the Urban Yout buying a bag of Skittles at the local 7-11. They would have airbrushed an old photo and Obama would be saying how much he looks like his son. (if he had a son)

I'm from the Hampton Roads area and I do know about the homicide rate here but even I find the story far-fetched. Night time, shot at by a .380 from 2 football field away, didn't call police because you couldn't ID him but you knew he was out on bond on some other ********? C'mon son.

USA Carry is a tough crowd and if you come here as a newbie and post a story like then prepare to be torn apart. I'm just saying.

Are you sure it was a gun and not some sort of firework? If so, then you should have called the police... even though you were in the clear being so far away, the next poor schlep to cross their path might not be so lucky.

If it were truly a gun, and the police come to check it out... they stand a good chance of finding the weapon and someone getting in trouble if they aren't carrying legally.

I'm glad you weren't hurt, but believe you should have called the police.

Crabbing is lot's of fun, and they're very tastey. But I hear hoodlums are bringing nearly $10 per pound at market price?

Are you sure it was a gun and not some sort of firework? If so, then you should have called the police... even though you were in the clear being so far away, the next poor schlep to cross their path might not be so lucky.

If it were truly a gun, and the police come to check it out... they stand a good chance of finding the weapon and someone getting in trouble if they aren't carrying legally.

I'm glad you weren't hurt, but believe you should have called the police.

They would have handed the gun off to another person and the police would have been able to do nothing

Addiction, It sounds like you have all the answers and feel you did everything right. Why then did you post the story here? If you don't want feedback explaining what you did wrong or what to change the next time something like this happens again, well then just do what you want. All I know is I'm happy I don't live around you, you sound like you could be very dangerous...... I'm thinking you're a troll too.

I posted to share the journalistic view of what goes on in Hampton Roads from a citizens view. I shared the story for others to hear what happens around here, if you think I am dangerous, then you best stay away from the rest of these people around here. I am a grade A American, law abiding white male. Welcome to low income housing my friend, once more I must say I feel the majority of you live in a fantasy bubble. You don't call the cops unless you get shot or shoot back. It will only invoke chaos on yourself to press charges for something like shooting off a gun to intimidate. Then you create enemies in which you must live near. I am 100% positive that I handled the situation the best. I feel that the majority of negative responders haven't lived in a gangster wannabe area and therefore are responding in a very nieve fashion. I am truly boggled as to how you feel that I am "dangerous" as nothing I stated describes a dangerous individual. Many of you have responded in a disrespectful manner

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back