Newtown, Conn Shooting Gun Control or Broken moral compus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Religion just opens the path for people to get practice lying to themselves until they're able to convince themselves of whatever falsehood suits their world view. They call their hate "love," congregate weekly for prayers that aren't any less creepy or more effective than voodoo rituals, and they think "I'm" the strange one because I don't do it too. A very large portion of the country is freakin' nuts! They call their self-delusions "enlightenment." They call their bigotry "patriotism." They call their imposition of belief into our legal system and schools "freedom." Everything about Christianity in the USA is f'd-up all the way to the core. There is not one redeemable quality about it.

SMMFH.........:nono:

Religion just opens the path for people to get practice lying to themselves until they're able to convince themselves of whatever falsehood suits their world view. They call their hate "love," congregate weekly for prayers that aren't any less creepy or more effective than voodoo rituals, and they think "I'm" the strange one because I don't do it too. A very large portion of the country is freakin' nuts! They call their self-delusions "enlightenment." They call their bigotry "patriotism." They call their imposition of belief into our legal system and schools "freedom." Everything about Christianity in the USA is f'd-up all the way to the core. There is not one redeemable quality about it.

BRAVO! More of us need to speak up to resist the not-so-gradual transformation of this gun forum into a gun front for corrosive religious moralizing (as has happened to at least two other formerly good gun forums).

It would seemto me its more like another group of God fearing gun owners have begun to speak up against the 15% of non believers that make all the noise and cause the problems. Other than the crazy bible believers (westboro) and the like. I think america is waking up and realizing that we do need God...One way or the other, and the less he is "allowed" in our schools, courts, daily lives, the worse off we are....just my 2 cents
BRAVO! More of us need to speak up to counter the not-so-gradual transformation of this gun forum into a gun front for a religious moralizing (as has happened to at least two other formerly good gun forums).

It would seemto me its more like another group of God fearing gun owners have begun to speak up against the 15% of non believers that make all the noise and cause the problems. Other than the crazy bible believers (westboro) and the like. I think america is waking up and realizing that we do need God...One way or the other, and the less he is "allowed" in our schools, courts, daily lives, the worse off we are....just my 2 cents

Why do you have to FEAR god? I thought the christian god was all knowing, all forgiving, all loving? why would you need to fear him? o_O

but in my opinion, The ideas of religion in any recognized since does baffle me - with all the evil in history of what people do in a "gods" name. (not saying just one, but all "gods")

I do think the people have lost something - not saying its a belief system - but maybe a sense of self worth? self love? a feeling of belonging together with all mankind? live/let live? etc..

To much selfishness and greediness in the world.. also the power hungry, and sycophants in power..

... I think america is waking up and realizing that we do need God...

On the contrary, the proportion of people claiming "no religion" is growing at a pretty impressive rate and shows every sign of accelerating. By the time the old generation dies off (I'm in that group but fortunately free of superstitious orientations) future generations will almost certainly be largely secular and rational. People are finally shaking loose the oppressive, stultifying bonds of years of brainwashing and myth-based thinking and instead thinking for themselves and letting reason rule their lives. A downside of that growth is all the noise from the aggressively religious types in an attempt to head off or at least compensate for the inevitable decline of the relevance and role of religion. People are welcome to be as religious as they want. In fact, that's constitutionally protected, as is their right to express it. But that doesn't extend to unrelentingly insinuating it into every possible secular venue--especially government and private personal matters (e.g., who can marry, who does what with others, how women can make their own decisions about their bodies and health, use public schools as venues for daily brainwashing of impressionable young minds, etc)--without expecting increasingly vigorous and articulate pushback from those who oppose the old notions of inappropriate and excessive religious intrusiveness. Finally, moral compasses exist and work just fine without any religious input at all. Better, in fact.

I only hope the transition here is minimally unpleasant over the upcoming decades as all religions become increasingly marginalized. This problem is at the heart of the fundamentalist dogma presently inspiring turmoil in the Middle East. Odd how Christians see themselves so different from Islamists in this respect, unwittingly unaware they are cut from the same cloth. Those same issues will probably soon surface in our own back yards as cults and various other groups of holy rollers push back against the inevitable.

Perhaps relying on imaginary supernatural beings for a culture's "moral compus" is the problem, not the solution.

Won't be long now before someone claim "they are all in heaven with Jesus, in everlasting happiness...." giving credence to the Andrea Yates solution.

Your view seems a little bit limited.

Whether you believe in God or not, the ten commandments are a pretty good set of rules to teach if your goal is to produce decent human beings.

...Whether you believe in God or not, the ten commandments are a pretty good set of rules to teach if your goal is to produce decent human beings.

Without "commandments" 1-5 (which are purely religious and have utterly no relevance to secular society), you have the standard (non "god"-derived much less handed down on a mythical mountainside) secular glue that holds communities together.

Everything about Christianity in the USA is f'd-up all the way to the core. There is not one redeemable quality about it.

Only a hypocritical, self-centered elitist would make such an ignorant and blanketed statement about a whole group of peoples religion of choice imvho. Case in point, I'm certain that if someone was to say what you said about Christians when referring to other religions; (Muslims, Buddhists, Jews, Athiests, Etc...) Then you would probably call that person a bigot and a racist am I right?

No need to answer, because you and I both know that I am right, you bigoted hypocrite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

I'm certain that if someone was to say what you said about Christians when referring to other religions.
Sorry, What I said applies to ALL religion. They are ALL f'ed up to the core.

And as a card carrying Xtian, you sir are a poster boy for bigotry and racism.

Sorry, What I said applies to ALL religion. They are ALL f'ed up to the core.

And as a card carrying Xtian, you sir are a poster boy for bigotry and racism.

Stop back peddling....

You specifically bloviated that "Christianity" is f'd up to the core.

You hypocritical bigot.

Everything about Christianity in the USA is f'd-up all the way to the core. There is not one redeemable quality about it.

Those are Your words, not mine 'Kwimby'....
You bigoted, self centered, elitist swine!

-Swine defined-
; 3. swine 47 up, 23 down

'Swine' is probably one of the best descriptive words ever used.
swine can be used in any situation to degrade a self centered & hypocritical person...
it basically just means that they are lower than scum, plus whatever else you want it to mean.
Context plays a big part and so does the way you say it.

Examples of the word in use;

Leave me alone you swine!
Look at that hypocritical swine.
That man is a filthy swineish animal...
You are the swine of all swine
You filthy swinebag!

The mondain and lifeless secular moral is the cause of more murders than any other. Hitler, Mou, Po Pot all believed as you do. The absence of God in society is the absence of love.

I dont know where you live, but here in America those “Christians“ created every single social service venue availiable. Just count the hospitals, shelters, food pantries accross America.

I dont see any aithiest feeding the homeless en mass or treating the sick for free or how about feeding large amounts of jobless Americans?

So if Christians do these things and are as U say are “f-uped“ What the heck dose that make U?

You specifically bloviated that "Christianity" is f'd up to the core.
Now I'm specifically bloviatin that ALL religion is f'ed up to the core.

What don't you get? Oh, I understand you are a little slow. Let me give you an example:

Yesterday I was talking with a tomato farmer and told him I liked tomatoes.
This morning I talked with Corn farmer and told him I liked all vegetables.

Both statements are valid.

You get it now? Or you need more 'splaining to clear up the faith-induced fog?

Everyone in here needs to stop flaming with each other. If you cannot have a discussion without flaming and namecalling I will ban all of those involved.

@Luke It was not the Christians who began the name calling and outright disrespect for persons and the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It was the secular posters. For some reason they are drawn to any post related to God and guns.

Many gun owners on your fourm can not seperate who they are and their personal belief in Jesus Christ. Or maybe Christians should be banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back