new guy needs help

lurchmuffins

heres the story

i took my pistol permit class in jamestown ny ( Chautauqua county) i was born the so i go (home) almost every weekend to see friends and what not, but i live in orchard park ( erie county) i went and picked up the paper work for erie county and it says that the 4 refernces have to be from erie county? is that true i cant use my friends that live in jamestown ( Chautauqua) county?

Yes they do want your refrences to be from the same county and prefer people that have known you for 5 or more years (at least in Jefferson county) If you don't know 4 in your residing county. Ask them if you may use people from the county you grew up in. I really think if your straightforward with them the will try and accomodate you within reason. Good luck.

It is in Orange County. I live right across the border in Ulster now, I signed as a ref for a buddy of mine who is still in Orange and they rejected me as a reference.

WOW! Glad I live in Missouri. If I had to come up with 4 references I would have never gotten my CCP.

I thought MA was a difficult place to get A LTC… Yikes… I wish that NY would allow/issue non resident license, but I’m not sure that will happen in my lifetime…Good luck. Let us know what happens.

In Jefferson County your references do not need to be county residents. I'm pretty sure they don't even have to be NY residents.
I used someone from out of county as one of my references. Someone mentioned to me that because of Fort Drum, alot of applicants have references from out of the county, and thats why it isn't a requirement.

Someone mentioned to me that because of Fort Drum, alot of applicants have references from out of the county, and thats why it isn't a requirement.
Oh, so if there wasn't a military base there, they would require same county references? Wonderful regulations they have. Just shocking to me where all you have to be is a law abiding citizen over here.

Ah, the land of project exile and taxes. I suggest you talk to your local gun dealer and get the scoop. My son just applied in Wyoming Co. He encountered the same problem.
The State of NY government is a problem in it's self.

yeah i have tomorrow off so maybe i will try to find a shop and ask aroud and see what will be the best way to go about this i just wanna get all my paper work in the right way and get my permit why does it gotta be such a pain in the ass!:mad:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back