New footboards for motorcycles

Skeebo

Saw a pots that there is a new article out for motorcycles! It is a CCW footboard that can be mounted for the front or rear rider or BOTH! It looks to be really neat & there appears to be a "run" on the purchase of this in CA!

Would be nice to have a link. I doubt there is a run on these in CA since that state gives very few CCW licenses.

Link Removed

About 30 seconds searching on Google before I found these.

We all do realize we can access the Internet right? :smile:

I pulled up the link and showed the pic to my wife. Her first question was, "How much is that?" I said, "I don't know, probably 3 or 400 dollars." Clicked on the pic and saw $399.

To tell you the truth, if they do what they say they do very well, that's not a ton of money. They're lockable and quick-disconnect, so it makes transporting through all 50 states legal, and the QD system makes it so you can remove the lock-box and take into your hotel room or in your tent with you when you're at Sturgis or anywhere else that it's legal to stop and stay overnight (or longer) with a firearm.

They're polished or hard-powder-coated billet aluminum with foam traction inserts and waterproof seals. You can even get them keyed to your bike's ignition key (Harley's only apparently).

Here's a page of floorboard kits from JP's Cycle (done business with them for 40 years) and various aftermarket makers list for between around $80 to $500 bucks, but admittedly, every one of those are pairs, and the lock-box wolf linked to (thanks wolf) appears to be $399 each. But none of the pairs have any other function than a footrest, so all things considered, if I had a need for a scooter lock-box, I wouldn't feel they were overpriced and would probably buy it for a build something like this that I did about 18 or 20 years ago:

84-Shovel-RtSide.jpg

84-Shovel-LeftSide.jpg

Hey wolf, I've never known you to be a leg-humper magnet. What are you doing differently these days?

Just my charm I guess. JusttheFacts seems to be following me around and posting about me even though he knows I have him on ignore. I guess I should be flattered by all the attention.

I have a couple of concerns with these. 1. If mounted for the rider, they would not last very long with some riders that corner fast and drag their floorboards. (I know, slow down) 2. Quick disconnect could mean quickly stolen. There have been a lot of quick disconnect Harley saddle bags that have been stolen.

I pulled up the link and showed the pic to my wife. Her first question was, "How much is that?" I said, "I don't know, probably 3 or 400 dollars." Clicked on the pic and saw $399.

To tell you the truth, if they do what they say they do very well, that's not a ton of money. They're lockable and quick-disconnect, so it makes transporting through all 50 states legal, and the QD system makes it so you can remove the lock-box and take into your hotel room or in your tent with you when you're at Sturgis or anywhere else that it's legal to stop and stay overnight (or longer) with a firearm.

They're polished or hard-powder-coated billet aluminum with foam traction inserts and waterproof seals. You can even get them keyed to your bike's ignition key (Harley's only apparently).

Here's a page of floorboard kits from JP's Cycle (done business with them for 40 years) and various aftermarket makers list for between around $80 to $500 bucks, but admittedly, every one of those are pairs, and the lock-box wolf linked to (thanks wolf) appears to be $399 each. But none of the pairs have any other function than a footrest, so all things considered, if I had a need for a scooter lock-box, I wouldn't feel they were overpriced and would probably buy it for a build something like this that I did about 18 or 20 years ago:

84-Shovel-RtSide.jpg

84-Shovel-LeftSide.jpg

How much did you pay to place this ad here?

What are you talking about? I'm not selling anything. In fact, I'm being very charitable and giving away knowledge of the topic for free.

What's your beef?

Sorry if I came off like I had a problem with it. I was only trying to be funny, (or facetious as the overly educated say).

Footboards

How much did you pay to place this ad here?
BluesStringer----Thanks for the input! Though I am not a rider, I have a lot of respect for those that seriously do ride! And I am sure your input was very useful to those serious riders! When I first saw this, was going to delete it. But then I thought: "Maybe someone that rides would find this interesting" So, I posted it! AAgain, thank you for your input, which I am sure came from being a serious rider! God bless!

BluesStringer----Thanks for the input! Though I am not a rider, I have a lot of respect for those that seriously do ride! And I am sure your input was very useful to those serious riders! When I first saw this, was going to delete it. But then I thought: "Maybe someone that rides would find this interesting" So, I posted it! AAgain, thank you for your input, which I am sure came from being a serious rider! God bless!

Actually, you should thank wolf_fire for the link, which BTW, was not a link to whatever "post" you referenced in your OP. I've been looking around trying to find forum posts about either the one wolf found, or another one, and so far only found one forum thread about them, which not surprisingly, was on a Link Removed.

I used to be a serious rider. From 1974 up until about 2002 I rarely put less than 25K to 30K per year in the saddle. Back surgeries ended that pace, and eventually my back and other circumstances ended my riding altogether. I was a serious hobbyist builder too, the scooter pictured above being the third to last one I built out of a total of maybe 18 or 20 all told.

It's kind of a "Glory Days" topic for me now. Thanks for awakening some old memories.
0cfc913111e8b54913a8edff5d183cd9.gif

hah, neat idea! I wouldn't buy them because I drag the floorboards enough already, but for a different bike/height setup it's a pretty spiffy concept. locking as well, so it most likely counts in the "must be in a separate locked area" or "trunk" states. if nothing else, great place to stuff a few emergency tools, and extra fuses etc.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back