New Florida theater shooting

Every situation is a different situation. We dont have all the details.
Regardless, a human was killed tragically.
I have learned, with a weapon I have a great responsibility in CCW. I avoid situations that can escalate, as I am more aware and cautious.
Based on what happened, I would have left and and or moved to another seat.

Perhaps.

But take out the shooting, and this story has some interesting social aspects:

Why didn't the theater send back someone with the man to check the situation?

And what type of "man" starts a physical confrontation about being "turned in" for being disruptive in a movie theater?

the new thing now is that the off duty cop in the audience said he heard no arguing and no one saw any punches or anything physical happen before the shots. all i've heard about is possibly popcorn being thrown.

the new thing now is that the off duty cop in the audience said he heard no arguing and no one saw any punches or anything physical happen before the shots. all i've heard about is possibly popcorn being thrown.

you cannot depend on police reports or the media that parrots what they are fed. the reality is that nobody except those involved knows exactly what took place

I think a better tool than a sense of humor is the capacity to know when it's appropriate and when it isn't. And also, think about this...all I have is what you type. I have no sarcastic tone or anything to go off of.

"It's funny. It's funny because it's ah, bigger than, ah ..you know, a normal hat."

Link Removed

Really?? Only $156 spent on this investigation? 6 hours of investigation? Is that for that one investigator or everyone that responded to the incident? Seems like for a shooting of this nature that very little time was spent. JMHO.

Before I enter the auditorium, I will turn cell phone and and remove the battery, just to be sure it wouldn't disturb anyone. I am in the Houston area, Hell yes , I carry a pistol to the movies.

As much as I agree with the idea of trying to be courteous to others, I also see a cell phone as a lifeline and with so many of the phones being "smartphones" that are basically portable computers that take time to start up, precious seconds aren't expendable to me and I'll take the time and trouble to silence the phone appropriately and risk a disruption for the peace of mind of knowing it may turn into a lifesaver. Not saying your point of view is wrong, but just a thought to ponder. I hope you never need to use it in a life or death situation, or for that matter, any one of us here.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back