New Florida theater shooting

jhodge83

surprised i havent seen this on here yet. this is just one of the reports and of course they all have different scenarios. cant really say if there was justification since the whole story isnt out yet. does speak to the lethality of a .380 though. supposedly it went through her hand and killed the husband.

Link Removed

"Why would anyone carry a pistol to a movie?" Quoted by a bystander. Because of nuts like this dips$@t!

...and the Obama administration believes only military, LE and retired LE should have guns? This proves that we must protect ourselves even from the ones we are supposed to trust. Of course, for anyone paying attention, this is not a new revelation.

Saw same movie there last friday. With hk snugly concealed on my hip. Nowadays why wouldn't you be packing at a movie theater?

BTW I was texting and tweeting thru the previews. They tell you to shut it down just prior to the main attraction.

The scary thing about this case though is that, had the victim have been armed, concealed carry wouldn't have saved his life. This is why you need to learn to let some things go, cause you never know the mental state or temperament of the other person.

Sounds like this shooter was definitely in the wrong here. The retired police officer found out the hard way that those with out a badge actually have to consider the consequences of their actions.

I'm not saying we need to revert back to the old west way of dealing with things but if there was an action that might be acceptable to spray a few bullets at someone it might be texting in a movie theater. I'm not saying we should do it; I'm just saying I understand the urge but we have to overcome that urge. After they post the message about not texting during the movie maybe theaters should post a running tally of people who have been shot for doing just that. We have at least one now. The story says this incident took place during the previews so you just have to ask yourself do you feel lucky enough to live through the previews while texting? Well, do ya?

this is where less than lethal weapons give you many more options to deal with people. I am fairly certain that there was no imminent deadly threat, just a couple of morons who didn't know when to shut up

Short Fuse.
I'm guessing there were other stress issues at work in the shooters life. And it had nothing to do with film content as the movie had not started yet.

Story:
I was a Paranormal Investigator for 14 years. My lead investigator was a 25 year corrections officer.
When the new True Grit film came out he went to see it. When I asked him how it was he said "It makes me feel like going out and shooting stuff up".
The next night on an investigation he and I get into a dispute and he pulls his gun on me.
Mental state is everything and it often has little to do with the situation at hand.

Sounds like this shooter was definitely in the wrong here. The retired police officer found out the hard way that those with out a badge actually have to consider the consequences of their actions.

I'm not saying we need to revert back to the old west way of dealing with things but if there was an action that might be acceptable to spray a few bullets at someone it might be texting in a movie theater. I'm not saying we should do it; I'm just saying I understand the urge but we have to overcome that urge. After they post the message about not texting during the movie maybe theaters should post a running tally of people who have been shot for doing just that. We have at least one now. The story says this incident took place during the previews so you just have to ask yourself do you feel lucky enough to live through the previews while texting? Well, do ya?
You understand the urge to shoot someone over texting in a theater, and the only thing keeping you from doing so is your ability to overcome that urge? Wow, please don't volunteer yourself as a spokesperson for any pro-gun organization.

You understand the urge to shoot someone over texting in a theater, and the only thing keeping you from doing so is your ability to overcome that urge? Wow, please don't volunteer yourself as a spokesperson for any pro-gun organization.

I like to always carry a gun and a sense of humor. You should look into getting one of those it could even be useful in some situations to keep you from having to draw your weapon.

this is where less than lethal weapons give you many more options to deal with people. I am fairly certain that there was no imminent deadly threat, just a couple of morons who didn't know when to shut up

Absolutely... If your only options are harsh language and gunplay then you are not prepared. Most media here are playing it for all it is worth, but it appears the shooter was in the wrong at this point.

They say that he had another altercation related to texting in the same theater a couple of weeks ago.

I like to always carry a gun and a sense of humor. You should look into getting one of those it could even be useful in some situations to keep you from having to draw your weapon.
I think a better tool than a sense of humor is the capacity to know when it's appropriate and when it isn't. And also, think about this...all I have is what you type. I have no sarcastic tone or anything to go off of.

When carrying be willing to lose every argument, let cars cut in front of you and back down from all bullies. Never escalate any confrontation.

There is more to this story. Some fodder for thought. The old guy asked the texter to stop. Yes, even though it was only previews. Then he went to see management. When he returned to his seat the "victim" loudly asked if the old guy had "turned him in". Then it got physical. The young guy is a very tall large man. Details of who got physical will come out, I don't know any details. There was only one shot fired which went through the victim and his wife's hand as she may have been pulling him back from the older guy. Stand your ground may come into play here. Stay tuned.

Before I enter the auditorium, I will turn cell phone and and remove the battery, just to be sure it wouldn't disturb anyone. I am in the Houston area, Hell yes , I carry a pistol to the movies.

When carrying be willing to lose every argument, let cars cut in front of you and back down from all bullies. Never escalate any confrontation.

There is more to this story. Some fodder for thought. The old guy asked the texter to stop. Yes, even though it was only previews. Then he went to see management. When he returned to his seat the "victim" loudly asked if the old guy had "turned him in". Then it got physical. The young guy is a very tall large man. Details of who got physical will come out, I don't know any details. There was only one shot fired which went through the victim and his wife's hand as she may have been pulling him back from the older guy. Stand your ground may come into play here. Stay tuned.

That was one of my first thoughts - who was the aggressor, especially if the shooter did leave the theater to report the violation, and the other guy confronted the shooter about "turning him in."

Every situation is a different situation. We dont have all the details.
Regardless, a human was killed tragically.
I have learned, with a weapon I have a great responsibility in CCW. I avoid situations that can escalate, as I am more aware and cautious.
Based on what happened, I would have left and and or moved to another seat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back