~Nevada Man Shoots Himself in the Butt & Movie Theatre~

The_Outlaw

~The Dude Abides~
A man accidentally shot himself in the buttocks last night at a Nevada cinema during a screening of 'The Bourne Legacy'.
The 56-year-old man's injuries are not life-threatening and no other people were hurt in the incident, which took place at a theatre in the city of Sparks. Police said the man had a permit to carry a concealed firearm.
The man told officers the gun fell from his pocket at about 8.40pm as he was adjusting himself in the seat and that it discharged when it dropped to the floor. Bizarrely for the other cinemagoers at Century 14, he then apologised and left the building before police arrived.

Man accidentally shoots himself in the buttocks at Nevada screening of The Bourne Legacy | Mail Online

This story just further proves the importance of having a good quality holster to secure you sidearm while carrying.

Good lord, can only imagine what was going through the minds of the other patrons. Luckily no one was critically injured,and hopefully he will learn from this.

I call shenanigans! Most modern pistols will NOT fire when dropped. I'm guessing he couldn't use the "I was cleaning my gun excuse".

I call shenanigans! Most modern pistols will NOT fire when dropped. I'm guessing he couldn't use the "I was cleaning my gun excuse".

I'm not so sure. My wife's little .380 has no safety at all. I think there are quite a few like that.
She carries iwb though, in a holster.

That's why they make holster so STUFF like that won't happen and that kind of **** makes people like us that has carry permit look bad because of them fucktard WTF

I'm not so sure. My wife's little .380 has no safety at all. I think there are quite a few like that.

LOL looks like I inherited a 380. She wants one with a safety now.
I guess I can't blame her.

''
This story just further proves the importance of having a good quality holster to secure you sidearm while carrying.''

yup i think a good holster is very important too just for that reason!​

The manual safety is not at issue here. What I am referring to is a firing pin block. This prevents the firing pin from moving unless the trigger is pulled. In addition, it also prevents the gun from firing when dropped.

Last edited:
I kind of love this, because every time I watch a movie where some guy stuffs a gun down the back of his pants, I shout "You're gonna shoot your butt off!" and now I finally have some proof.

Though it sucks he took a bullet in the tush. That's gotta hurt.

The manual safety is not at issue here. What I am referring to is a firing pin block. This prevents the firing pin from moving unless the trigger is pulled. In addition, it also prevents the gun from firing when dropped.

I'm not so sure it even has a firing pin block. I have I'll take it apart and look tomorrow. Curious now.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Second hand info...

Per Sergeant Dyer of Sparks PD:
*Walther PPK
*Round in chamber, hammer down, safety off
*Was carried in front pocket, no holster.
*While shifting in seat, handgun slipped out of the pocket, between the seat and armrest to fall on the floor, hammer first, which discharged the handgun.

A man accidentally shot himself in the buttocks last night at a Nevada cinema during a screening of 'The Bourne Legacy'.
The 56-year-old man's injuries are not life-threatening and no other people were hurt in the incident, which took place at a theatre in the city of Sparks. Police said the man had a permit to carry a concealed firearm.
The man told officers the gun fell from his pocket at about 8.40pm as he was adjusting himself in the seat and that it discharged when it dropped to the floor. Bizarrely for the other cinemagoers at Century 14, he then apologised and left the building before police arrived.

Man accidentally shoots himself in the buttocks at Nevada screening of The Bourne Legacy | Mail Online

This story just further proves the importance of having a good quality holster to secure you sidearm while carrying.

This was a major screw up. The anti-gunners are just waiting for news like this. People like this should not be carrying a firearm.

I'll bet that you could drop that gun 1000 times in the way he claims that it happened with no discharge. I'll bet that in his attempt to retrive his loose weapon from between the seat he got his finger on the trigger and shot himself. I'll also bet that he reported it the way he did because he thought it would not make him look as stupid! If he would have had a good quality pocket holster this probably would not have happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back