Nato 9mm ammo, does your gun like it?

Billt,

I believe stores must follow the national policy of Wal-Mart, and the 6-box limit has been lifted. Not that YOU need more than 6 more boxes. :biggrin:

Most of what they tried to prevent was to prevent hording, especially by the local gun shops.
I know my Wal-Marts aren't enforcing the 6 box limit anymore.

- BTW - the prices are different on ammo in the Low Country.
I noticed that Moncks Corners charges $0.50 more per box on the 9mm Federals.
But Goose Creek and Summerville are $9.47.

Most of what they tried to prevent was to prevent hording, especially by the local gun shops.
I know my Wal-Marts aren't enforcing the 6 box limit anymore.

- BTW - the prices are different on ammo in the Low Country.
I noticed that Moncks Corners charges $0.50 more per box on the 9mm Federals.
But Goose Creek and Summerville are $9.47.

West Ashley and Mt. P. are also $9.47. Walmart does not match other Walmart store's pricing, so if possible, shop on down here for low, low pricing. :biggrin:

True NATO ammo does - or at least did - have plenty of power to cycle anything. Remember the "slide cracking" incidents on the Beretta P92/M9 pistols? The issue was that the NATO ammo is much hotter than anything that they had ever tested with. I believe it is at +P levels.

Of couse things change.

That turned out to be a metalurgical problem not an ammo problem. SAAMI (commercial) 9mm Luger is pressured to 34,000 PSI and NATO is pressured to 36,500 PSI. Yes, equivalent to a +P SAAMI pressure.

I wouldn't shoot NATO in anything but:

Browning Hi Power

Sig

Beretta

Hk

Glock

CZ

YMMV

i didnt know walmart sold any goodammo. thought they only sold cheap stuff.at least thats the way it is in upstate newyork. they even stoped selling guns here.

Anybody tryed the winchester 9mm nato ammo at wall mart, how does it operate in your pistol ? in my Taurus the stuff stovepipes on almost every round, but it goes thru the Glock like butter ?...............and before anybody starts on the Taurus being a pos, have had this gun for a year and a half, PT - 709, and it shoots anything, brass, alum, steel, coated steel, and many reloads

I got some NATO rounds and had no problems in my PT-709, Glock 26 or EAA witness.
They had a noticeable increase in recoil.

Also got some Blazer ammo (alum) and they stove piped in my PT-709.
These are the first to do so continuously.
Popped several mags Blazer Brass, no problems.

I've never had a problem from any of the 9mm NATO stuff, either Federal or Winchester, from any of my 9mms. Over the years I've had a Taurus, several 3rd gen S&Ws and now a few Glocks.

Our local WalMart raised the 9mm federal to $10.47 two or three weeks ago:rolleyes:

Same here in Summerville, Goose Creek and Moncks Corners, SC.
Anyone else still have it at the original $9.47.
There is plenty in stock now though....

Someone told me that the 9mm NATO rounds are SAMMI rated 9mm +P.
Can anyone validate that information?

Nato 9mm ammo

Have used it on the range many times in my glock without a single problem. Guess this doesn't help you much regarding your taurus problem except to say that glocks like Nato ammo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back