Movie producer Harvey Weinstein to make anti-NRA movie with Meryl Streep...

E

ezkl2230

He is predicting that after his movie comes out, movie goers will be thinking, “Gun stocks — I don’t want to be involved in that stuff. It’s going to be like crash and burn."

"I don't think we need guns in this country and I hate it, and I think that the NRA is a disaster area… I'm gonna make a movie with Meryl Streep and we're gonna take this issue head on. They're gonna wish they weren't alive after I'm done with them."

Link Removed
MILLER: Harvey Weinstein and Meryl Streep new movie to make NRA ‘wish they weren’t alive’

He says the movie isn't going to be a documentary, but a large movie drama like Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

Well, I won't be paying to see that movie because in my opinion it will be full of nonsense. I felt the same way about Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ.

Of course, nothing forces movie theaters to show the film.

It's great living in a country where people are free to express their opinions through entertainment mediums, I'm free to ignore them, and entertainment facilities are free to refuse to broadcast them.

He thinks he will be able to take down the entire firearms industry with a single movie. You can bet that he is going to load that movie with every conceivable firearms myth he can find, along with copious "facts" supplied by Brady and funding from Bloomberg.

I predict this "movie" will be a financial bust. The only people that will go see it are the choir that he preaches to. Just remember you have the right not to pay your money for a ticket. Nor do you have to buy tickets to movies with any of it's "stars" or supporters either. It is only when people buy tickets to movies made buy and staring people that support anti-gun regulation, that you give them power and support yourselves. Your dollars being spent on them, tells them you support them and their anti-gun agenda. I have not spent 1 dollar on movie tickets since 1982, and that was a Clint Eastwood movie.

Streep has an armed security company patrolling her home. Perhaps they shouldn't protect her.

I'm sure the NRA is quaking in their boots.
Weinstein says they'll (the NRA) wish they weren't alive... OH NO, NOT THAT! Producer? Sounds more like a comedian. Does he wish death on the NRA? Another progressive liberal nut wishing death on those who oppose him.
This hack bastard has built his wealth and career on making violent movies like "Kill Bill," "Gangs of New York," "Pulp Fiction," "Halloween III," "The Crow" and "Django Unchained." Some of the most violent movies ever made. He also embraces the violent, murderous mob life by producing "Mob Wives," "Mob Wives Chicago" and "Big Ang." Of course then there's "Inglorious Basterds," "Kill Shot," "Rambo," "Sin City," "Reindeer games," "Jackie Brown," "Cop Land," "Things to do in Denver When You're Dead," "The Road Killers," "True Romance" and "Scream." These are some of the most violent movies ever made. And he's among the most violent producers ever to come out of Hollywood.
As long as movies have been made, young minds gravitated toward the bad-guy image. My dad remembers going to the movies in the mid 1930's where the kids would all act like gangsters after watching "White Heat" with Cagney. Apparently Weinstein doesn't understand the millions of minds he's affected.
I hope he does make the movie. The NRA will eat his lunch. Hypocrisy is the state of falsely claiming to possess virtuous characteristics that one lacks.

Who the hell is Harvey? Guess I don't pay enough attention to the so called entertainment industry. But I have done nicely with the gun industry.

He is predicting that after his movie comes out, movie goers will be thinking, “Gun stocks — I don’t want to be involved in that stuff. It’s going to be like crash and burn."

Link Removed
MILLER: Harvey Weinstein and Meryl Streep new movie to make NRA ‘wish they weren’t alive’

He says the movie isn't going to be a documentary, but a large movie drama like Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

Good for him and good for Ms. Streep. Two more creeps I do not have to bother watching although I DID appreciate streep's work--but it is over now. Screw her and the rest of that hollywood crap.

What is the best way to sell movie tickets? Advertise the movie..

What is the best way to advertise? Create a controversy.. better yet... create a controversy about a controversial movie!!!

What is the purpose of controversial advertising to promote a controversial movie? Making money!!!!!

Nothing new here... just another transparent and completely irrelevant Hollywood hack trying to make more money and be famous.

Ho Hum.... yawn...

He really is an arrogant piece of crap. It is amazing how important he consideres himself to be. In truth he is just another fat pig like Michael Moore who is under an illusion of his own importance.

I do hope that this imbecile makes that movie. People are already talking about donating what they would have spent going to see it to the NRA. :smile: Maybe even create more new NRA members....from 5 million to 6 million. :biggrin:

I say "Go for it, harvey!! Your hate only makes us STRONGER!!!"

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

This just in: deadline.com is reporting that the name of this movie will be, "The Senator's Wife." It purports to be a behind the scenes look at the "machinations of what Obama himself called “intimidation” and “lies” that ended up defeating legislation that would have expanded background checks on gun sales." The author of this article references Obama's Rose Garden theatrics in which he used the children of Newtown as props for his speech in which he said,

“They claimed that it [Manchin-Toomey] would create some sort of big brother gun registry even though the bill did the opposite,” said Obama of the NRA, and he added, “this pattern of spreading untruths about this legislation served a purpose. Because those lies upset an intense minority of gun owners and that in turn intimidated a lot of senators.”

Meryl Streep To Star In Anti-NRA Movie The Senator's Wife' From Weinstein Company

Just for the sake of it, I am including a link to PolitiFact's analysis of Manchin-Toomey:

A summary of the Manchin-Toomey gun proposal | PolitiFact

This guy has made some of the most violent movies made. So odds are you have already given him money.

I go to the library and borrow or see if a several year old movie is on TV or maybe use netflix. Quite frankly, I am not a movie nut and could not care less what is new in a theater, especially at $8-12 for a first screening. Does anyone remember books and conversation?

Let him make the movie and spend his own money (liberals hate to spend their own money) on it. NRA membership will increase, there will be another run on gun and ammo sales. We all know liberals make the best gun salesmen. :sarcastic:

I predict this "movie" will be a financial bust. The only people that will go see it are the choir that he preaches to. Just remember you have the right not to pay your money for a ticket. Nor do you have to buy tickets to movies with any of it's "stars" or supporters either. It is only when people buy tickets to movies made buy and staring people that support anti-gun regulation, that you give them power and support yourselves. Your dollars being spent on them, tells them you support them and their anti-gun agenda. I have not spent 1 dollar on movie tickets since 1982, and that was a Clint Eastwood movie.

I'm with you. The movie will go down in flames and I will boycott anyone who appears in it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back