Motorcycle Carry

I ride every day, use my truck maybe once every two weeks so the bike is my primary transportation. For all of the guns that I choose to carry I use pancake style holsters with thumb breaks. I have a few Desantis with thumb breaks but clips for my LCP and Bodyguard 380. For my Kahr PM9 I had a custom one made with a clip and thumb break .

I found Optics planet has the best prices. Here is a link for the one I have for the Bodyguard 380 but I only get black.
DeSantis Maverick Holster for S&W Bodyguard 380 FREE S&H 012BBU7Z0, 012TBU7Z0, 012BAU7Z0, 012TAU7Z0. DeSantis Style 012 Holsters, DeSantis Holsters.

I have a Bianchi 9L for the Commander. It's a high ride/pancake style with a thumb break.

If I'm riding offroad or in cooler weather (i.e. wearing a heavy riding jacket) I carry my LCR or PF9 in the inside breast pocket. For all intents and purposes the pistol is located where it would be if I was wearing a shoulder holster.

If I'm wearing lighter clothing it'll be the LCP in my back pocket.

No tall sized in the vests. I need 3-4 more inches length with shirts and jackets than the average bear.

In the summer, I carry a Sig P238 or a Glock G23 in an interior pocket of a leather vest specifically designed for concealed carry, along with a quality pocket holster to keep things from getting iffy. When the weather turns cool enough to need the leather jacket, I just wear the vest underneath. These websites may have a vest large enough for you, and they have reasonable prices. The 4XL fits a 60" chest and is 25" long.

Link Removed

Gun Concealed Carry Vest - Black Leather

This one will cost ya a bit more but it has a "tall" option that's 28" long.

Link Removed

In the summer, I carry a Sig P238 or a Glock G23 in an interior pocket of a leather vest specifically designed for concealed carry, along with a quality pocket holster to keep things from getting iffy. When the weather turns cool enough to need the leather jacket, I just wear the vest underneath. These websites may have a vest large enough for you, and they have reasonable prices. The 4XL fits a 60" chest and is 25" long.

Link Removed

Gun Concealed Carry Vest - Black Leather

This one will cost ya a bit more but it has a "tall" option that's 28" long.

Link Removed

I found this recently: Coronado Leather | Handcrafted Firearm Concealment Leatherwear Handbags/ Luggage/ Jackets/ Law Enforecement

depends on the handgun size and holster you use. I like the paddle holsters they hold the gun more firmly, you could always try the inside the pants holster. When I ride I use my paddle holster I also use a zip tie as a second defense that attaches the gun to holster when I ride.

If you like the LCP check out sneaky pete holster for it here, Sneaky I have been using it for about 2 months and it will be the warm weather casual carry anywhere choice from now on

I plan on carring this summer when I get my bike out.Not sure how or what to do because my pistol is not a small one S&W .357 MAG with a 6 inch barrel.Any sugestion's?

Lol I don't have cruise...I agree there are no absolutes in life. But, I won't carry in a way so my left hand can get to my firearm for the .01% chance. What do you do after you get off the bike at that point too? I feel, wear it how you usually wear it, doing worry about it getting exposed (unless open carry is illegal). Wear it open if you want to be able to access it quickly...and since self defense usual is really fast...I recommend it open.

If you can open carry where you are but really don't no how you stand on thr open/concealed never ending debate, next time your on your bike ware you gun openly, with no attempt at concealment, you will be suprized, on how most people don't screw with you, in fact they will a huge effort to stay away from you,

So check this out I am 6ft 1inches tall 370lbs.I ride a cruzer that has a 2053cc engine and you say the gun will make them stay away.I will see if that works thanks.

Rocketgeezer:279581 said:
Lol I don't have cruise...I agree there are no absolutes in life. But, I won't carry in a way so my left hand can get to my firearm for the .01% chance. What do you do after you get off the bike at that point too? I feel, wear it how you usually wear it, doing worry about it getting exposed (unless open carry is illegal). Wear it open if you want to be able to access it quickly...and since self defense usual is really fast...I recommend it open.

If you can open carry where you are but really don't no how you stand on thr open/concealed never ending debate, next time your on your bike ware you gun openly, with no attempt at concealment, you will be suprized, on how most people don't screw with you, in fact they will a huge effort to stay away from you,

If you are addressing me, thank you for your time :) I have been open carrying for almost a year now, especially on my motorcycle. I stay aware on my motorcycle, too dangerous to get complacent. I haven't noticed an overwhelming amount of cars backing off...but a few yes.

So check this out I am 6ft 1inches tall 370lbs.I ride a cruzer that has a 2053cc engine and you say the gun will make them stay away.I will see if that works thanks.

I don't think it matters how big you are or the size of the bike. Some people are brazen and or stupid.

If you are addressing me, thank you for your time :) I have been open carrying for almost a year now, especially on my motorcycle. I stay aware on my motorcycle, too dangerous to get complacent. I haven't noticed an overwhelming amount of cars backing off...but a few yes.

I was thinking a tomahawk might be cool.:)

I know I was joking about my size and the bikes.I will try the recomendation and see how it goes.

Well, depends on my intentions while riding. If I'm just traveling from A to B, I'm probably carrying. If I'm out riding briskly through the Mts, probably not(b/c I'm wearing full leathers).

If I'm just commuting, the Bulldog case that came with my TCP works well b/c I'm usually wearing a thicker riding jacket that fits a little snug. Or I may have an IWB(Galco for my M&P9c), usually.

If I'm also wearing my riding pants(no belt), I'll put the TCP in my jacket, inside left pocket. I won't carry anything bigger than the TCP if I'm wearing both my pants and jacket, too awkward and uncomfortable.

I hope this helped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back