more to your safety than a gun...what other training do u have?

Nothing "Mall Ninja" about it. As I said most of the martial arts taught here in the states are for lack of a better term "watered down" because the schools are regulated. The way I was trained would be considered abuse in any sanctioned school here in our "kinder, gentler" nation and not allowed. I had no black belt contracts or any such nonsense, I learned in the old way. My training has saved my life on more than one occasion and in more ways than one.
Howdy,

Hum..............

I've read this post three times and I'm speechless, more or less.

The Tiger, Snake, Crane and Dragon?!?!? WTF?!?!?

This must be some top secret Mall Ninja training that I've never heard of before.

I've never been a big fan of "martial arts" for SD. A bunch a guys running around in bath robes going "heeyaw" to each other always seemed a little........ strange to myself.

Paul

I had no black belt contracts or any such nonsense, I learned in the old way..

You mean the you will test when sensei says so, passing the test doesn't mean you move up in rank, and learn it right the first time or sensei will demonstrate on you until he is absolutely sure you get it kind of training? Isn't that the only real way to train? Pain is knowledge. How else are you supposed to understand the potential of what you've learned? It's definitely not abuse.

Paul is a moron. He doesn't get that even military hand to hand training is derived from several martial arts. The USMC has their own martial arts system (S.C.A.R.S.) which is unique and has something like 4 belt levels. He probably fully respects the fighting skills of soldiers and completely discounts the systems that provided the base of the training. Over the course of several thousand years, these systems have been getting improved. I just learned a kata last month called Okan which is not part of the Shorinkan system, but is actually Shuri-Te. (It's my new favorite, right after Passai Dai.) Paul, I instruct TaeKwon Do and spend about 4 hours a day training in 2 different martial arts, and like BRbruce, it has saved my life on one occasion that I can be absolutely sure I would have been killed. I know damn well that it was their intent.

See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Way before the TV series started the insta-DoJo-DoJang on every corner; I was under instruction by the most unlike of teachers. A Hawaiian of Chinese ancestry teaching Ta-Kwon-Do. Years later, I was asked about this and all I did was say, he was good, wish I was as good and I have been very satisfied with my training and those I have trained. However, I do know my limitations therefore, Kimber, Glock, Smith, Armalite, Remington and a lot of reflections on my life. Looking back I only wish I had taken other styles but he was and is a purest.

I depend on my SEAL Training which I keep up physically, serves me well so far. I do have Shorin Rue and Jeet Kun Do training. These will allow me to React and perhaps not have to resort to the Double Tap. It seems to me that being aware of all things around you is the best defence, being prepared and willing to act instantly. When I studied Shorin Rue my master was 75 and could kick above his head. I learned my Jeet Kun Do from Bruce.

I depend on my SEAL Training which I keep up physically, serves me well so far. I do have Shorin Rue and Jeet Kun Do training. These will allow me to React and perhaps not have to resort to the Double Tap. It seems to me that being aware of all things around you is the best defence, being prepared and willing to act instantly. When I studied Shorin Rue my master was 75 and could kick above his head. I learned my Jeet Kun Do from Bruce.

I'm calling BS right now. Althought I admit it will be fun following the poser

I am impervious to bullets. Whenever a threat arises, I run into a Sprint store and start ripping off my clothes.

Did you get your SEAL training from watching Charlie Sheen movies? Is your dojo called Tekken 3?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back