Michigan here, Im being forced to open carry!!

I read the requirments needed to obtain a CPL in Michigan and I did not meet those strict requirments. I have no felonies BUT because I've had a suspended license I am not allowed toave a CPL ( Not allowed to bear arms and protect myself!) which in my opinion isn't fair at all. There is also a 7 year waiting period just because I'ce had a suspended license! That is why I feel that I am forced to open carry! I would much rather carry it concealed.

If I had a CPL or knew about Open Carry I wouldn't have been robbed a couple weeks ago. I noticed 2 black males in Detroit sneaking up behind me and one of my friends. I could've done something about it if I OC or CC! I'm always aware of what's around me. I was EXTRA causious becasue I was in Detroit.

I think it's stupid and makes no sense that I can OPEN CARRY but not carry concealed!

I will be purchasing a glock 22 soon.
:yu:

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that this thread belongs in a different forum, not LEO encounters.
Oh, and the G22 is a great weapon.

this isnt true your license cant be suspended twice ive had a suspended license paid all my tickets and applied for my for carry permit and got it

I live in Michigan and I have a CCW permit. I didn't know you could open carry in Michigan? Could someon enlighten me on this????

To start with-You chose to live in the state-you have to live with their laws. With that out of the way-YES it is BS if it is true that your carry permit is held up for 7years due to a lic. suspension. Think of this-not too many years ago-ALL hand gun carry outside of ones property was illegal. Another thought on Open Carry=if 2 bad guys robbed you before-what do you think 3-4 of them will do when they notice you in the Open Carry mode? That's when 1 or2 of them get your attention, and the others take your gun away from you! Then they have not only robbed you of something worth $, you have added another hot gun to the streets!! IMO in some cases Open Carry can be more dangerous than no carry at all.:angry:

Interesting scenario but like all I've seen from those attacking Open Carry, it seems to be made from a not all that imaginative imagination. I have not seen any real story of civilians being shot first because they were open carrying or of them being targeted to steal their gun. I don't open carry but I don't try to disparage those who do either.

maybejim:235173 said:
Interesting scenario but like all I've seen from those attacking Open Carry, it seems to be made from a not all that imaginative imagination. I have not seen any real story of civilians being shot first because they were open carrying or of them being targeted to steal their gun. I don't open carry but I don't try to disparage those who do either.

Treo's post is the only one that comes close to an open carrier being targeted. That story is still assuming the reason of the attack, but doesn't have any real confession.

If assumptions are the base of a"good" argument, I can assume all concealed carrier attacks, where there is no confession from the bad guy (either ran away or died), were caused by concealing the weapon.

I live in Michigan and I have a CCW permit. I didn't know you could open carry in Michigan? Could someon enlighten me on this????
For future reference, if you go to any state websites like, Michigan Open Carry, Inc. | Nothing to hide! I'd recommend you refer to your "permit" by it's proper designation of a CPL. (Concealed Pistol License) Some people take offense at calling it a permit, and I don't know why. Also, make sure you use the initials CPL, not CCW. They take offense to that sometimes too. :biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back