Man arrested for having '2 extra bullets' in his sidearm's magazine.

WELL MOST laws are stupid bud my .380 holds 7in the clip. I feel if u need more that that to defend yourself then u don't need to carry. pending there are not more then 5 people threatening your life. :triniti:

If you have confidence that seven rounds of .380 will stop 5 attackers you're a braver man than I. I wouldn't necessarily trust seven .380s to stop one attacker.

WELL MOST laws are stupid bud my .380 holds 7in the clip. I feel if u need more that that to defend yourself then u don't need to carry. pending there are not more then 5 people threatening your life. :triniti:

I guess you think that your .380 or any caliber for that matter contains "magic" bullets that always cause instantly mortal wounds upon whomever those rounds hit!
that may work on tv or the movies but here in the real world it is rare that someone is incapacitated by a single shot. many many shots are usually required to end a threat to your well being.
there is a great video depicting a guy whom is a victim of a home invasion, he has an semi auto pistol that has a 7 round mag, BG one breaks in and it takes 5 shots to put him down and then one more to end his threatening posture, then BG 2 breaks in and the GG wing him with his one last round, it doesn't end well for the GG or his wife and daughter.
either you are very naive or an anti gun troll, regardless of which one you are please stick around, and if you aren't too argumentative we'll try to educate you

You haven't seen very many accounts of actual shootings, have you? It's actually very rare for someone to go down instantly with the first shot, even with good shot placement. If you're counting on that, you're a fool. And if you're counting on it from a 380, well......

there is a great video depicting a guy whom is a victim of a home invasion, he has an semi auto pistol that has a 7 round mag, BG one breaks in and it takes 5 shots to put him down and then one more to end his threatening posture, then BG 2 breaks in and the GG wing him with his one last round, it doesn't end well for the GG or his wife and daughter.

To be fair there are a lot more things wrong with that video than just the 7 round magazine. The home owner made a few mistakes as well.

BC1 -
The underlying thing is, I too have the freedom to carry wherever a "no guns" sign is posted. Currently the "no gun" signs do have power of law behind them unlike other states. but it hurts those company's more then it bothers me since I avoid places with no gun allowed signs, even when I don't carry (which is rare).
I can agree many states have stupid laws, mine included, I just hope they can be changed to something more in favor of self defense by law abiding people.

As for the police not enforcing it do you really want the cops deciding which laws they enforce and which they don’t ?

This is not a dig on you - but the Police often have discretion over what they cite/charge/arrest you with/for already.. Your going 10mph over the limit, get pulled over, are nice/decent person with no prior records of being a bad person - They can either write a ticket and your stuck paying, or give a verbal warning..

Oh as for 7 round NY limits.. I sometimes carry both the LCP and my Bodyguard 380s. often with 1 extra mag for the LCP since I got a pocket holster that holds both LCP and a spare mag. the pocket holster for Bodyguard only holds the pistol. heh
So I have a back up for my backup when i dont carry my other pistols.

And for the few who might think I was expecting trouble by carrying multiple pistols or mags or all of the pistols :p Nope, if I was expecting trouble id have my shotgun or a rifle and a few friends to back me up! lol or just not leave the house that day lol

Yes, but many of them do not support our right to bear arms....and a good percentage of them continually disrespect us citizen taxpayers also. Respect is a two way street.

We have far too many of these 'hot dog's with badges' running around out there.
The law enforcement community needs to do a better job of weeding the bad apples out of these powerful positions imvho.
And no, a 5 day suspension is not good enough....some of these punks -w- badges need to be fired or even locked up in some cases.

Case in point....

Out Of Control Cops - YouTube

Follow up on your youtube vid.

At least they acknowledge the officers gross misconduct.

This is one of those topics that’s (IMO) very hard to get right.

Regardless of our reasoning, ultimately it is up to each of us to decide which laws we will follow and which we won’t. When we make that decision we have to take the consequences into account and no matter how unconstitutional you may think a law is you aren’t going to stop the police from arresting you and putting you through the system (and maybe sending you to prison) when you are caught violating it.

You can say what you want about the rightness or wrongness of the law or get on your soapbox about our founding principles (which are great in principle) but you aren’t going to win the pissing contest on the side of the road.

To reduce it to the simplest terms, I don’t really care what you say on the internet if you take on the system by your self you’re going to get squashed like a bug.

Yeh trying to fight a entrenched enemy alone is kinda dumb I admit - which is why many of us come here! to communicate, to educate and to share ideas and information with like minded people. Find a way to work together despite differences and solve issues we seem to share and maybe just maybe Unite against the system!

Guess he doesn't wear the pants at home, so he has to try throw his weight around on the street.

He needs a different career path, not a time out.

But in my state, bills are advancing that are changing some of this, i.e. moving in a positive direction for gun owners, and where CHP holders will be able to carry.

Now which direction are the laws going in NY? Do you really think with Cuome and Bloomberg on their feeding frenzy of removing gun rights that you should feel so arrogantly cocky about where you can carry 7?

How many can you legally carry in your own home?
After the threats Cuomo used to arm-twist this provision became public, and considering the public response (all but tree counties passed resolutions condemning the law) he won't be getting any more gun laws passed. And the seven round rule is the subject of numerous court actions with NRA $$ backing. Now I own land in western N.C. but am not comfortable with the laws there or in the "direction" laws are going. And Bloomberg has nothing to do with NYS laws.
As far as in my own home? I can carry what I want. No one can get in to know. And it's not a crime to violate the seven-round rule in your home anyway. It's a ticket, answerable by mail.

And we all know what experts on the 2nd amendment New York attorneys are!
Anything you'd care to cite on that? My best friend is a constitutional attorney and contributor to Fox News, CNN and HLN. NY has among the top attorneys in America. Bad gun laws aren't the fault of attorneys; this fight has already been made at the federal circuit court level where the liberal judge ruled people have no rights. That was a federal judge, not a NYS judge. What's a population to do.

After the threats Cuomo used to arm-twist this provision became public, and considering the public response (all but tree counties passed resolutions condemning the law) he won't be getting any more gun laws passed. And the seven round rule is the subject of numerous court actions with NRA $$ backing. Now I own land in western N.C. but am not comfortable with the laws there or in the "direction" laws are going. As far as in my own home? I can carry what I want. No one can get in to know. It's not a crime to violate the seven-round rule in your home.

What specifically galls you about the laws in NC?

There is a great video depicting a guy whom is a victim of a home invasion, he has an semi auto pistol that has a 7 round mag, BG one breaks in and it takes 5 shots to put him down and then one more to end his threatening posture, then BG 2 breaks in and the GG wing him with his one last round, it doesn't end well for the GG or his wife and daughter. Either you are very naive or an anti gun troll, regardless of which one you are please stick around, and if you aren't too argumentative we'll try to educate you
Let me try a little education...
Forget videos, anecdotal reports and "what if" scenarios. Real situations have no time for analysis. Consider three bad guys or even four in a home invasion. So much for the 17 round mag too! In your own home ignore the 7-round rule. Load-up. Survive the fight. It's not a crime it's merely a violation, a ticket-able offense.

What specifically galls you about the laws in NC?
It is illegal to carry in any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission, in any establishment where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed, in any building used for court purposes, in a law enforcement or correctional facility, in a building housing only state, federal or government office, in any financial institution, in any parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration upon any public place owned or under the control of the state or any of its political subdivisions. These are all legal in NYS.
Can't carry into a bank? That's one of the places I most need protection... carrying money. Can't carry into a restaurant? Consider Luby's Café in TX some years back. A parade? A funeral procession? C'mon, that's absurd.
Some years ago I bought a nice parcel of land in the blue ridge mountains where I could retire, free from the NYC liberal mindset. Then I find I can't go to a restaurant or a bank without breaking the law. It concerns me because as I get older I'll be less able to defend myself against a younger person. I'd like to move there now but can't escape the real-state trap in NYS right now. I plan to build a stone/log/glass home on 62 acres, hopefully before I croak.

After the threats Cuomo used to arm-twist this provision became public, and considering the public response (all but tree counties passed resolutions condemning the law) he won't be getting any more gun laws passed. And the seven round rule is the subject of numerous court actions with NRA $$ backing. Now I own land in western N.C. but am not comfortable with the laws there or in the "direction" laws are going. And Bloomberg has nothing to do with NYS laws.
As far as in my own home? I can carry what I want. No one can get in to know. And it's not a crime to violate the seven-round rule in your home anyway. It's a ticket, answerable by mail.

So you can be fined for having more than 7 rounds in your own home, on your own property. Tell me more about your freedoms in NY. How absurd, you can strap on a holster and parade around your home nekid, with nothing but a gunbelt, but once you put the 8th round in the magazine, you have broken a rule. Answerable by mail, I assume is code for "enclose a personal check", for how much?

True bloomberg has no political authority outside of NYC, but he certainly has political sway and a lot of money he is willing to spend to rid the state of guns.

So you can be fined for having more than 7 rounds in your own home, on your own property. Tell me more about your freedoms in NY. How absurd, you can strap on a holster and parade around your home nekid, with nothing but a gunbelt, but once you put the 8th round in the magazine, you have broken a rule. Answerable by mail, I assume is code for "enclose a personal check", for how much?

True bloomberg has no political authority outside of NYC, but he certainly has political sway and a lot of money he is willing to spend to rid the state of guns.
Explain how I'm in trouble for 10 rounds in my home. Who will enter my home and count the rounds in my mags? Despite the seven round law outside the home, seven rounds on my hip at the bank or a restaurant (plus another mag = 14) beats 100 rounds out in the car. THAT... is the worst kind of gun control... denying you the ability to have the gun at all.

THAT... is the worst kind of gun control... denying you the ability to have the gun at all.

this is some odd hang up that you have, most states DO NOT have any more location prohibitions than NY does and those of us lucky to live in Free America don't need to go beg the local coppers for a permission slip for every handgun they care to purchase!.
you people up north have been getting crapped on for so long you've forgotten what fresh air smells like

this is some odd hang up that you have, most states DO NOT have any more location prohibitions than NY does and those of us lucky to live in Free America don't need to go beg the local coppers for a permission slip for every handgun they care to purchase!.
you people up north have been getting crapped on for so long you've forgotten what fresh air smells like
Hang-up? It's probably the most important issue facing numerous states right now. It's happening in more than NY.
It's very simple and you need only ask yourself this; would you rather have 7 on your hip and 7 in your pocket than 17 in the car. If the answer is yes then it's the end of the issue. That's it. There is no argument. I teach the NYS penal law so this is not some armchair opinion. There simply aren't laws prohibiting carry in places where you might most need the gun. Now if you have to leave the gun in the car you live in a state with significant gun control laws. If you can take it with you then the laws are not obstructing your ability to protect yourself.
And this permission slip you speak of is nothing of the kind. It's not denied. There is no limit to the number of handguns one can own and I've not seen a denial, ever, in all the years I've been teaching. Never heard of it, anywhere. And in your line of thinking, anyone who must go to the coppers for that little CCW permit is getting crapped-on as well. Well a very large percentage of those carrying a gun have that little CCW in their wallet. Thus, we're ALL getting crapped-on.
It gives me a headache to see a poster come on a NYS forum with zippo knowledge of the state's gun laws and pass judgment based on some ill-perceived understanding.

And we all know what experts on the 2nd amendment New York attorneys are!
Anything you'd care to cite on that? My best friend is a constitutional attorney and contributor to Fox News, CNN and HLN. NY has among the top attorneys in America. Bad gun laws aren't the fault of attorneys; this fight has already been made at the federal circuit court level where the liberal judge ruled people have no rights. That was a federal judge, not a NYS judge. What's a population to do.
I was being facetious. I know one good tort attorney too. That doesn't make them all good. I'm sure there are good attorneys in New York who are knowledgeable 2nd amendment supporters. I'm also sure they'd all tell you that New York isn't well known across the nation for that. Ronald Reagan came out of California, but California isn't exactly known as a great source of conservatives, now is it? I wasn't slighting your friend.

It is illegal to carry in any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission, in any establishment where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed, in any building used for court purposes, in a law enforcement or correctional facility, in a building housing only state, federal or government office, in any financial institution, in any parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration upon any public place owned or under the control of the state or any of its political subdivisions. These are all legal in NYS.
Can't carry into a bank? That's one of the places I most need protection... carrying money. Can't carry into a restaurant? Consider Luby's Café in TX some years back. A parade? A funeral procession? C'mon, that's absurd.
Some years ago I bought a nice parcel of land in the blue ridge mountains where I could retire, free from the NYC liberal mindset. Then I find I can't go to a restaurant or a bank without breaking the law. It concerns me because as I get older I'll be less able to defend myself against a younger person. I'd like to move there now but can't escape the real-state trap in NYS right now. I plan to build a stone/log/glass home on 62 acres, hopefully before I croak.

Some good news then, banks have been taken of the blanket no carry list. They can still post signs, of course. Restaurant carry is actually in the works right now and it may pass this year ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back