Looking for smallest smoothest pocket handgun

jopair

Ruger LCP .380 looks like a good start.. anything smaller / smoother? Don't want any less caliber. Needs to be EASY to use since I am a beginner.

Ruger LCP .380 looks like a good start.. anything smaller / smoother? Don't want any less caliber. Needs to be EASY to use since I am a beginner.

My Ruger LCP is a great pocket pistol, I carry it everyday...
But I have to tell you, because of it's tiny size, it kicks like a mule & barks like a large dog imvho.

They don't look very "smoothed" and the price is about double... any other suggestions? Don't really care about recoil. Looking for small and "smoothed edges"

They don't look very "smoothed" and the price is about double... any other suggestions? Don't really care about recoil. Looking for small and "smoothed edges"

+1 for the p238, then khar p380, sw bodyguard, lcp. Those were my choices.

Sig p238 sas version - smooth single action trigger with rounded corners
Sig p232- nice trigger
Walther ppk -nice trigger james bond gun
Karh p380 not rounder but good handling better trigger then lcp

O.K... will check them out..
NEW QUESTION; What is safest for a beginner to carry around in his pocket BY ITSELF, no keys, change etc..?

I carry my LCP everywhere, every day. I have thought of trading it in for a small 9mm but can't bring myself to do it. It is smooth, reliable, lightweight but sturdy. There are, I am sure, better firearms out there for concealed carry but for the price and the reliability, I recommend the Ruger LCP. I don't even mind the kick (though it is definitely not a range plinking gun).

..will check them out..
NEW QUESTION; Which is safest for a beginner to carry in his pocket BY ITSELF, no keys.. change.. etc... ?

The Ruger LCP with a wallet holster is probly your best bet. i carry a slim wallet so i can have that in my front pocket and the LCP in the back, or vise versa.

The XDs (.45) and Sig p938 (9mm) are also newer firearms that weren't out when I was looking. I would probably go for one of those now.

The Ruger .380 is a great pocket carry pistol. Get a Blackhawk pocket holster. I carry mine all the time. It does kick though. Not good for a lot of target practice. It'll put a hurting on your hand.

Get what you like. Lcp is fine pistol. I dont like the trigger but many praise it. Always have a holster never carry any way with out a holster. Have nothing else in pocket. No keys no change nothing in that pocket but gun and holster. Desantis make a fine leather holster that is pocket and in the waistband. Just remove one screw and the clip for iwb come off. One i purchased for my old ladys p238 only cost 12.00.

I have a Ruger 380. Great to conceal, not a lot of extra weight to carry. Shoots reliably. Mine has never jammed. Yeah, it kicks, but it's controllable. You can put a small lazer on it. Personally, I'd recommend a 9mm semi. They make slim ones that have a single stack. If you are new to the game.... Consider a revolver like a Ruger 38 spec +p. they are much simpler to clean. :) and mine has a lazer built into the Ruger grip....nice firearm. Or go big, like a Kimber .45 caliber. They have a smooth trigger pull and the 45 will convince you that nothing else will do. Lol

Colt Mustang Pocketlite. I'm very pleased with mine.

Only you can answer your second question. The rest of us can only debate several primary factors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back