Looking for another handgun

I only have a Class B LTC in Massachusetts, which means I can't have anything that CAN hold more than 10 rounds. Any ideas? Just curious to see what you guys have for recommendations. Thanks!

Thanks,
Capo

Well, moving out of MA would be a good start.

Leave it to someone in law enforcement to force you to do something. That was terribly rude of him wasn't it.

Concerning my firing of the Sig Sauer P239 chambered in .357Sig. As Paul Harvey would say, "Here's the rest of the story." The Sky Marshal was teaching a newbie how to shoot. He had carried in enough Speer Gold Dot ammo to start a war, along with the largest pile of targets I've ever seen one person bring to the range at one time. (I didn't know when he brought all that stuff in that he was a Sky Marshal. That came later, as conversation between shooters is inevitable.) He'd hung a large silhouette target no more than 10ft out from the bench. When all was set, having instructed the new shooter on the workings of the P239, the newbie fired a round from the P239 using the Weaver Stance. There was a very long pause. Then I heard, "Where's the hole? I don't see a hole. I think you missed it. Try it again." A few more seconds then, BANG. Another long pause, then, "I still don't see a hole. You must be shooting way low." I remind you, this was a 3.9in barrel shooting about 10ft. I was 2 stalls to their right with no one in the stall between us. I stepped back and watched him fire a 3rd time with similar results. That poor guy. That's when I asked the Sky Marshal if he would like to let the new fellow try my Sig Mosquito. Being a 22lr, and having the same controls in the same locations, (slide release, decocker and mag release) he might feel a little more comfortable and perhaps not so apprehensive with a round that didn't snap. He "much obliged" me and we set the newbie up with the 4 mags I had loaded. He proceeded to quickly acquire the target at the same 10ft. I let him fire 100 rounds through the Mosquito. He gathered himself and built some confidence along the way. It felt good to help out someone that was interested in firearms and wanted to learn how to shoot. This was how I inadvertently opened that "Shoot my P239" door. After the first mag, I shot it one-handed exclusively. After the second mag I ran the target all the way to the end of the range (indoor). My results were no less impressive than they were up close. What a fine caliber. I ended up shooting 8 mags through it. I also let the Sky Marshal shoot my P220 Compact. His quote, "The 45acp! God's gift to man!" I'll remember that day always.

Why only Class B? Class A LTC requires same documentation. Most police depts hold the safety class at no charge, so that you can get the Class A LTC. By the way, in MA, you can't buy a new handgun that holds more than 10 rounds. However, you can buy a pre 1998 Glock and large cap mag manufactured before 1998. So, you could have a Glock 9mm with 17 rounds.....only with a Class A LTC.

Surfcc

Why only Class B? Class A LTC requires same documentation. Most police depts hold the safety class at no charge, so that you can get the Class A LTC. By the way, in MA, you can't buy a new handgun that holds more than 10 rounds. However, you can buy a pre 1998 Glock and large cap mag manufactured before 1998. So, you could have a Glock 9mm with 17 rounds.....only with a Class A LTC.

Surfcc

Yeah it’s crazy here. If I qualified for a Class B then I qualify for a Class A. It’s the same qualifications and I had the required training. I might get a Ruger Mark II or III for fun. I know that 22s don't matter with the high cap law.

Kimber pro carry in a nine is cool.
Here is the spects from my wholesaler web page
Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II 9mm

Caliber: 9 mm
Features: Custom features standard; extended thumb safety, high ride beavertail grip safety, beveled magazine well and slightly extended magazine release and slide release.
Compact and Pro Carry pistols have 4-inch bushingless match grade bull barrels.
Kimber aluminum frames have been tested to over 20,000 rounds without evidence of meaningful wear.
All Compact and Pro Carry pistols use a proven single recoil spring design.

Specifications: Height (inches) 90° to barrel: 5.25
Weight (ounces) with empty magazine: 28
Length (inches): 7.7
Magazine capacity: 9
Recoil spring (pounds): 14.0
Full length guide rod

Frame: Material: Aluminum
Finish: Satin silver
Width (inches): 1.28

Slide:
Material: Stainless steel

Barrel: Length (inches): 4 Steel, match grade
Twist rate (left hand): 16 Ramped
Sights: Fixed low profile
Radius (inches): 5.7
Grips: Black synthetic Double diamond
Trigger: Aluminum Match Grade
Factory setting (approx. pounds

This is a new Taurus in nine

Taurus 709 Slim 9mm Sub Compact Blue Finish
Manufactures Number: 1709031

Capacity: 8+1
Barrel Length: 3"
Action: SA
Finish: Blue
Grips: Checkered Polymer
Weight: 19 oz
Frame: Compact
Front Sight: Fixed
Length: 6"
Grooves: 0

Last edited:
Kimber pro carry in a nine is cool.
Here is the spects from my wholesaler web page
Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II 9mm

Features: Custom features standard; extended thumb safety, high ride beavertail grip safety, beveled magazine well and slightly extended magazine release and slide release.
Compact and Pro Carry pistols have 4-inch bushingless match grade bull barrels.
Kimber aluminum frames have been tested to over 20,000 rounds without evidence of meaningful wear.
All Compact and Pro Carry pistols use a proven single recoil spring design.

Specifications: Height (inches) 90° to barrel: 5.25
Weight (ounces) with empty magazine: 28
Length (inches): 7.7
Magazine capacity: 9
Recoil spring (pounds): 14.0
Full length guide rod

Frame: Material: Aluminum
Width (inches): 1.28

Slide:
Material: Stainless steel

Barrel: Length (inches): 4 Steel, match grade
Twist rate (left hand): 16 Ramped
Sights: Fixed low profile
Radius (inches): 5.7
Grips: Black synthetic Double diamond
Trigger: Aluminum Match Grade
Factory setting (approx. pounds

This is a new Taurus in nine

Taurus 709 Slim 9mm Sub Compact Blue Finish
Manufactures Number: 1709031

Capacity: 8+1
Barrel Length: 3"
Action: SA
Finish: Blue
Grips: Checkered Polymer
Weight: 19 oz
Frame: Compact
Front Sight: Fixed
Length: 6"
Grooves: 0

Thank you! I will be looking into both of those. The Kimber looks like something I would really love. I will have to see how it feels in my hand. I have big hangs so not everything is comfortable for me. I will try it out tho! Thanks!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back