Loaded gun in my desk

Adam Baker

I live in Michigan. I do NOT have a concealed carry Lisence. Is it legal for me to have a loaded gun in my desk drawer at my place of employment if I have permission from my employer? I work at a small retail store that sells trailer parts with less than 10 employees.

Open Carry in Michigan Without a CPL | Michigan Open Carry, Inc. has some info on open carry without a permit, but what you are describing is concealed (in your desk). Since you are not "carrying" the pistol, I do not believe you would run afoul of the conceal carry laws, just under general firearms storage (if any) laws. Since you stated it would be with your employers permission, and it is his property, I would say (guess) that you are ok as far as the "law" goes.

NEVER ask police about the law, most are clueless, and a different one will arrest you for what the other said was legal.

Ask more than one, then. lol :)
I was suggesting the OP contact the MSP as that was where the application info was. I'm sure the AG's office or county sheriff could tell him something.

I was suggesting the OP contact the MSP as that was where the application info was. I'm sure the AG's office or county sheriff could tell him something.

I was just letting him know that you gave him crappy advice. NEVER TALK TO POLICE, EVER!, FOR ANYTHING!

Why You Should NEVER Talk to the Police. Period. - Top Criminal Defense Lawyer Louisville Kentucky - The DUI Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

The 5th Amendment: Why A Law Professor Says "Don't Talk To Police" | Zero Hedge

Private property in most states is just that, "private". That means that you can carry concealed on your own or property that you have a right to be on with the owner's permission. Only in states that are violating the 4th Amendment does the state think it has the right to decide if you can or can't have it there.

NEVER ask police about the law, most are clueless, and a different one will arrest you for what the other said was legal.

Amen, brotha, glad to see someone talking sense around here. Never ask a cop about the law, their tin stars are bought and paid for by the Corporations. And what the Corporations want is to take our guns away so that they can make their government cronies pass laws that force us to buy their crap.

To the OP, forget leaving it in your desk, it's MI so open carry that badboy. Carry two, one on each hip, and maybe a couple of ammunition bandoliers across your chest to let anyone know who enters your place of employment that you're not a man to be ****** with.

Let me spell it out for you there, pete. Do you know what the MSP, AG's office, and county sheriff all have in common? They all know diddly squat about the law and even less about our constitutional rights. That's why each and every night I'm locked and loaded and out on the streets bringing justice to the masses.

Amen, brotha, glad to see someone talking sense around here. Never ask a cop about the law, their tin stars are bought and paid for by the Corporations. And what the Corporations want is to take our guns away so that they can make their government cronies pass laws that force us to buy their crap.

To the OP, forget leaving it in your desk, it's MI so open carry that badboy. Carry two, one on each hip, and maybe a couple of ammunition bandoliers across your chest to let anyone know who enters your place of employment that you're not a man to be ****** with.

This is the way to do it!

Link Removed

If the gun is in the desk it is concealed (requiring a permit), if it is on top of the desk, it is a open carry. How does your boss feel about it being on top of your desk?
I would say you need a concealed carry permit. Suppose someone stole it while you were away from your desk? You would be responsible for what they do with it, how would your boss feel about that? I think you are looking for trouble.

If the gun is in the desk it is concealed (requiring a permit), if it is on top of the desk, it is a open carry. How does your boss feel about it being on top of your desk?
I would say you need a concealed carry permit. Suppose someone stole it while you were away from your desk? You would be responsible for what they do with it, how would your boss feel about that? I think you are looking for trouble.

How can a weapon that's not being carried require a conceal carry license?

Dude's looking for trouble if he takes advice from you, that's for sure.

Link Removed

I live in Michigan. I do NOT have a concealed carry Lisence. Is it legal for me to have a loaded gun in my desk drawer at my place of employment if I have permission from my employer? I work at a small retail store that sells trailer parts with less than 10 employees.

If 10 people could potentially have access to it, I would invest in a good quality handgun safe and bolt it to the desk. This is one on the side of a file drawer next to my leg.

Link Removed

I will make an assumption here. In Texas with the property owners permission, because it is PRIVATE PROPERTY you can carry either open or concealed. Don't know Michigan law .

So.... If I stole his gun & killed him with it, it would be his fault & I would walk away free?

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back