LEO Encounter on my property...

He never entered the house like navy never entered the car. So what's the difference? Both started to investigate and backed away to call 911.

Navy went into a situation looking to investigate while armed. The other guy backed off, called the police, and waited as he should have. Big difference....

I believe the requirement is a state by state issue. If it is legal for you to be armed, concealed or not, and not required by law to to declare, I wouldn't.

Case 1: in my recent Idaho concealed class, I asked the cop who was teaching the class if he wanted to be informed. Answer: "No. I assume everyone is armed anyway and only want to be told if I ask. Those who declare or pass me their permit when I asked for their DL are only trying to show off their permit."

Case 2: Attacked by neighbors dogs on my own property in San Diego County, CA. Called Sheriff. Sheriff does not cover animal issues. Told to call animal control. Told by County Animal control that they don't cover my city, call Escondido humane society. Four hours later, Esondido humane society "officer" shows up, notices my open carry .38 askes what that's for. "Protection, should the three Rotweillers return." She left, no action on the dogs. Ten minutes later, forcibly disarmed at gunpoint by six deputies in my front yard. Released and gun returned with stern warning after animal welfare officer admitted that I did not ever threaten anyone with said firearm, she just panicked. The cops preceded the animal welfare officer on three subsequent calls about the same dogs. I was frisked each time before the animal cop would talk to me. I didn't call the cops, she did.

Three lessons: 1,Never dail 911. 2, Keep your gun out of sight. 3, Only answer the questions that are asked, only then if relevant and non incriminating.

Those scenarios are not relevant. If you are confronting a potential intruder while armed and then call the police I would think the responding officers should know that you're armed so when they arrive on scene and see you with your gun in hand they know who you are in advance.

Navy went into a situation looking to investigate while armed. The other guy backed off, called the police, and waited as he should have. Big difference....

Rich_S, you are so full of ****, your eyes must be brown. All you want to do is post on here about anything I write because you have a personal vendetta against me and what I stand stand for. And now, you have just proven it. Let's look and see what the "other guy" actually posted, so you can go screw yourself.

I called 911 Monday because of a trespasser.
My wife and mother-in-law had just returned from a trip, and said they thought they had seen someone on the front porch of a nearby vacant house of ours. I was OCing, and I stuck another pistol in my pocket, and went to investigate.I did not see anybody at the house, but a window was open.

Wow. How about that Rich_S. He armed himself with an additional gun and went to investigate. EXACTLY THE SAME THING I DID!

My first inclination was to enter the house myself, but opted instead to call 911.

He was ON THE SCENE, Rich_S! Because he noticed nobody at home and a window hope. Then he considered going in the house himself. Now that IS DIFFERENT, because I never even considered opening a door on the vehicle let alone entering the vehicle on my property. But I am the one that it so messed up, right Rich_S?

While we were moving about the property, I kept a hand on one gun, with it partly withdrawn.

How about that one, Rich_S! HE KEPT HIS HAND ON HIS PARTIALLY WITHDRAWN GUN IN THE PRESENCE OF POLICE OFFICERS while "assisting" them in the investigation! And, yet, I am so gawd-damned wrong to keep my gun securely in it's holster, concealed before the officer even arrives, and keep my hands in plain sight in the presence of the officer?!? I stayed on my porch the entire time the officer was there and let him go check out the person, by himself, but YOU have a problem with MY actions?!? REALLY?

Let me draw a picture for you, Rich_S:

Link Removed

Is your gun seriously on the dresser? It just keeps getting better....

Don't get your panties in bunch, you have no idea what the situation or location that I live in. There are 4 other members of my household, all of whom are familiar with firearms operations. My house is manned 24/7 by someone about 90% of the time. When the daughter has friends over, the gun gets unloaded and put away. Otherwise, everyone in the house knows exactly where the gun is when I am at work and knows that it is fully loaded. Try to do something productive in life for a change.

NavyLCDR likes to compare such things as LEO encounters to other everyday situations. He uses clearheaded logic and facts backed up by the hyperlinks he provides. If you can't beat him at this game, try nitpicking him to death with silly little exaggerations

Rich_S:272246 said:
He never entered the house like navy never entered the car. So what's the difference? Both started to investigate and backed away to call 911.

You're completely wrong...its a good thing defender didn't shoot the window out of the house, then it would of been bye bye for everyone inside.

Rich_S, you are so full of ****, your eyes must be brown. All you want to do is post on here about anything I write because you have a personal vendetta against me and what I stand stand for. And now, you have just proven it. Let's look and see what the "other guy" actually posted, so you can go screw yourself.

Wow. How about that Rich_S. He armed himself with an additional gun and went to investigate. EXACTLY THE SAME THING I DID!

He was ON THE SCENE, Rich_S! Because he noticed nobody at home and a window hope. Then he considered going in the house himself. Now that IS DIFFERENT, because I never even considered opening a door on the vehicle let alone entering the vehicle on my property. But I am the one that it so messed up, right Rich_S?

How about that one, Rich_S! HE KEPT HIS HAND ON HIS PARTIALLY WITHDRAWN GUN IN THE PRESENCE OF POLICE OFFICERS while "assisting" them in the investigation! And, yet, I am so gawd-damned wrong to keep my gun securely in it's holster, concealed before the officer even arrives, and keep my hands in plain sight in the presence of the officer?!? I stayed on my porch the entire time the officer was there and let him go check out the person, by himself, but YOU have a problem with MY actions?!? REALLY?

Let me draw a picture for you, Rich_S:

Link Removed

What you purportedly "stand stand" for is a joke really. He waited outside the house. You approached the car. There's the difference. Calm down now....don't have a coronary or anything...LMMFAO

You were correct about one thing you said though: I am so gawd-damned wrong

Don't get your panties in bunch, you have no idea what the situation or location that I live in. There are 4 other members of my household, all of whom are familiar with firearms operations. My house is manned 24/7 by someone about 90% of the time. When the daughter has friends over, the gun gets unloaded and put away. Otherwise, everyone in the house knows exactly where the gun is when I am at work and knows that it is fully loaded. Try to do something productive in life for a change.

Yeah good- so that 10% of the time when nobody's home and someone breaks in and finds that gun in plain sight how do you suppose that might turn out? So you don't carry at work? Well it looks like you SHALL be infringed after all. How sad for you considering what you "stand for" .

He waited outside the house. You approached the car. There's the difference.

The only difference is in your immigination in an attempt to justify your ******** posts. defender829 approached the vacant house, contemplated going inside, then decided to remain outside the vacant house. I approached the SUV on my property, never contemplated entering it, and remained on my own property the entire time. The only thing you are concerned about is that NavyLCDR is the author of a post to give you an opportunity to make lame, self-righteous, omnipotent claims to how you are the God of self-defense and nobody who ever takes any action to defend anything is wrong. The only thing you might be successful at defending is a lawsuit against you because it is pretty damn hard to successfully sue a person who does nothing but hide under a table or in a closet or bathroom and call 911.

self-righteous, omnipotent claims to how you are the God of self-defense

Look in the mirror, pal....look in the mirror

If anything, in relation to you, I'm the god of common sense whereas you're the god of reckless cowboy antics.

I'm the god of common sense.

vxcfh4_th.jpg
...... more like god of poultry
xd9q9_th.jpg

5bejjc_th.jpg

So, I had to call the Sheriff to report trespassing. I never mentioned to the 911 dispatcher that I was armed. Never mentioned to the responding deputy that I was armed nor anything about my CPL. Had a professional encounter with the deputy who checked things out for me, I wished him a safe and good day and all turned out well.

I did put my shirt over the gun to cover it up when I saw him turn into my driveway. Funny how concealed means concealed, when I choose to conceal it. As far as I know the deputy went home safe to his family at the end of his shift.
really man. This is the third post you have on this story but you just told it a little different this time. Is there a reason you keep posting this same story???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back