Left hand holster makers....who are they?

Irish Bird Dog

I am looking for LEFT HAND concealed carry holsters. Where to find a list of who makes LH holsters for the concealed carry market?

Both IWB & OWB & belt type holsters for autos and revolvers.

Suggestions for brands/types appreciated. Prefer leather first choice.
thanks

Tucker Gunleather

Check them out the make good leather and hybrid holsters. Pretty sure they offer all holsters in right and left handed. I love the quality of my "The Answer" IWB with the kydex leather lined. They make many holsters most leather.

Darn near every manufacturer that make holsters, makes a lefty. Do some web searches. You'll come up with something that will work for you. But if you want a list.

Ross leather, Uncle Mike, Crossbreed, Galco and on and on.

I love my Ted Blocker holster (it helps that it's a local company to me, and I got mine before Ted retired,) and all of their holsters are available as a lefty. Mine is a customLink Removed - the holster is lefty, but the break is righty. It lets me wear it OWB as a righty or IWB behind the back as a cross-draw (which I prefer the draw of.) Also, when I got it, I didn't have my CHL yet, so I bought it to use as an open-carry holster first-and-foremost - the IWB concealed carry was a later use (but one I planned for.) I also had to loan him my gun to be the model, since he didn't already have a blank for it.

Just about any reputable holster manufacturer will make a LH holster. You will first need to find a holster that you like, then if the manufacturer doesn't already produce the particular model in LH, contact them to request it. I've had several students and colleagues do this and in all but one case, the manufacturer was more than happy to work with them. There may be additional costs, however it can be done. There are times when a RH shooter would like a holster in LH.

Happy shooting!

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES....I did do an i-net search first lots of choices/names I know nothing about BUT I thought if I asked for makers I would get results from satisfied users and save some time trying to figure out what product(s) were/are working out there....that is happening....personal experience comments are nice to review. I am old fashioned and still like a good leather holster....but I do have some Kydex paddle models now that work well.

If you want a high quality leather holster try Milt Sparks, Brigade Gun Leather, Mitch Rosen, Bulman Gunleather, H.B.E. Specialty Leatherworks, Kramer Gun Leather, Alessi Gun Holsters, Del Fatti Holsters, Stronghold Gun Holsters. These should get you off to a good start

Slip holters

I use a slip holster I got from the NRA store. Multiple guns one holster
other wise I would require left and right handed holsters. I shoot left and right handed. the slip holster works well for me

Anyone can make a left handed holster, heck I've even made a few.

294h3bq.jpg

Thanks for the info so far....have been checking on web for various makers.....not many offer any thing yet for the Ruger SR40c....nor can I seem to find any for a M36 w/3"bbl....OK for 1911's and Glocks..

SGB, that's a FINE looking holster you have there..looks like you even have a taller back piece to keep gun off body, nice touch.....sure looks well made in the photo and sturdy too. I don't quite have that talent.....skill...etc

As others have said, most holster makers offer left models. It is largely a matter of reversing the pattern when cutting leather. Sometimes you need to make an adjustment for the magazine release. If the reversed pattern covers the release, the wearer could get an accidental magazine drop.

Well,I have been checking a lot of the brands mentioned....some really nice holsters out there for sure and a bunch of LH ones too. Most out of my price range....have a Don Hume Jordan holster/River belt duty setup (you younkers may not know what that even is or who Jordan was) and they are really nice...so ordered a couple of Don Hume LH holsters for a test ride...bad news is the LH models are a back order.....Got a Milt Sparks LH coming but he is really spendy....THANKS for all the posts.....I even made one holster the other night...pretty crude but functional, don't know how to post pics on here so can't show.

On top of being LH or RH specific and the limitations that go along with it, your choices are even further limited by your choice of carry firearm...

In the past few years, there are untold number of holsters available for Colt 1911's and similar clones, Glock's, S&W's, Springfield XD's, Kahr's and KelTec's, but almost nothing for any other make... I have a 2001 made Ruger P-95 9mm, which is an awesome pistol IMHO, but yet there is next to nothing available for aftermarket stuff; no night sights, no light or nmount like the TLR-1, no crimson trace grips or guide rod laser like for a 1911...

The carry holster I use is really for a Ruger P-89, but my 95 fits just as well, and on top of that it is left handed. I also have a triple K shoulder rig for lefty draw with 2 offset mag carriers...

I'm not a leftie myself, but I know that Craft Holsters has all their holsters also left handed.
And they make custom holsters for guns so there is a high chance you'll find yours there.
Maybe check them out.

Back to check on post.....Thanks for all the input on my question. Checked out several of those names of holster makers out there, good to do that.

Found a new (to me anyway) holster maker from an ad I saw...TALON holster company. Ordered two on-line (after reading ad and checking out their video ad too). One for semi auto and one for revolver...in LEFT HAND of course! IWD & OWB respectively. VERY well built/formed to fit gun & of heavy leather, great fit & retention via proper build. Fair pricing too for the quality they turned out to be.

Super company to deal with....they sent one of the holsters for the wrong model gun....I called to return for correct one...they sent one by express mail and said to keep wrong holster...sell if want to. Good guys to deal with. Met them at NRA convention in Atlanta last spring at their booth. Had to say "thanks" in person for such good service to a first time customer, always nice to meet first hand someone you deal with on line. Yes, they sell direct via on-line order system.

Enfuego....my son has tried Alien Gear holsters...great fit to gun, feels good to wear he says but a bear to take on/off belt...no quick change out...he says. Made well and look good tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back