lbs on a trigger pull

aj's 40 cal

just a quick question, but would anyone here know how many pounds a triggr takes to fire on a smith and wesson m&p .40 and a subcompact xd-40 or where to find the info?

cant seem to find the info anywhere. thanks for your help

just a quick question, but would anyone here know how many pounds a triggr takes to fire on a smith and wesson m&p .40 and a subcompact xd-40 or where to find the info?

cant seem to find the info anywhere. thanks for your help

Contact the respective manufacturers directly. It's nearly impossible to get a consistent reading on a trigger pull gauge with a striker fired pistol due to the design.

The manufacturer or a certified armorer will be able to tell you how to determine the trigger pull for your particular pistol.

gf

According to the mfgrs website, the S&W has a 6.5 trigger pull and the XD40 has a pull of 5.5 to 7.7

awesome thank you for the info. looked on their pages b4 but could not seem to find them. i go there now and right in front of my face. thanks again

Be careful if you bought a pre-owned gun. Some folks have modifications made and fail to inform the new owner. I've worked on many Glock pistols that have had the trigger pull changed from the stock 5.5 lb trigger to a lighter 3 lb trigger or to a 8 lb trigger. Customers ask why the trigger feels so "light" or "heavy" for a gun that's supposed to have a 5.5 lb trigger. After a quick inspection I'm able to diagnose and correct the problem(s) and send them on their way.

I stress to my friends and family to have any pre-owned guns checked out by a competent gunsmith or factory certified armorer prior to use. I've seen cases where folks purchased a pre-owned gun with a bulged barrel or other critical parts (like an extractor) that are severely damaged and barely holding on.

Glad we were able to help you find the answer to your question.

gf

thank you gf for the heads up. i did buy my gun new so im guessin i wont have that problem, but thats for being on the look out! its awesome to have people like you on this site to help!

thanks again~ aj

For $50.00 or so I recommend the Lyman electronic trigger pull gauge. I have one and it was invaluable for me to perform the trigger rework on both my M&P triggers. MA trigger pull on the M&P new is 10+ lbs :bad:

Link Removed

With the Lyman gauge I was able to re-fit the assembly between the rework steps and check the trigger pull to see the progress.

I ended with 6lb pulls for both when finished. Since they are carry guns I stopped there. They feel good to me.

Peace...

According to the mfgrs website, the S&W has a 6.5 trigger pull and the XD40 has a pull of 5.5 to 7.7

I have an M&P Pro 9 and an XDSC40, so for the regular M&P and the XD, I would have guessed 6-8 lbs for either gun -- I was not too far off !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back