Laser Bore Sight Advice

worshipviolin

WorshipViolin
I am thinking of getting a 9mm laser bore sight for quickly sighting and maintaining my Crimson Trace. I have read so many reviews for different brands of bore sights, all of which contained very mixed opinions about the quality of each one. One person will say that they are the best thing in the world, then the next guy says that it was a total waste of money. There are so many conflicting reviews that I cannot decide which brand to buy.

I would love to hear from anyone who has used one, the brand of bore sight, the results of its use, opinions, suggestions, etc.

Thanks!

Not really needed to align the Crimson Trace laser... I have them on both my M&P pistols and did not use anything other than a bench rest and the irons... Better to make sure the laser aligns with the irons in case laser malfunctions and you have to use the sights. My 2 pennies...

Not really needed to align the Crimson Trace laser... I have them on both my M&P pistols and did not use anything other than a bench rest and the irons... Better to make sure the laser aligns with the irons in case laser malfunctions and you have to use the sights. My 2 pennies...

Sounds like good advise to me.

I use a Aim Shot laser bore sight for my 357 mag, 44 mag, 45acp, and .223. I used it to align my sights, and practice aiming the handguns without using the sights. It works for me.

Here is one good advice: Don't leave it in your gun to shoot it out. One of our olde-world antique was ruined because sonny boy forgot to remove it after sighting. He fired. We can't find a replacement for it anymore....:cray:

I have used the type you stick in the bbl. ends and the cartridge type you put in battery, they both work well. don't pay more then $40 for a red one.

Thanks everyone for the input. My Crimson Trace was way off straight from the factory, which I didn't expect. It was far to the right and way low. I could see this easily before I fired a shot with it. It was so bad that I checked to make sure that I hadn't installed it crooked. I didn't bother wasting a bullet on it the way it was. I saved my ammo until I had it lined up with my iron sights. I was able to get it dead on, but it did take a while. The adjustment screws were really stiff, and I couldn't make slight adjustments without the screws moving too much. It took a while to get it where I wanted it. I thought that a laser bore sighter might make it easier to do since I could just put it in and line the laser with it.

After reading so many good and bad things, I just wondered if it would be a big waste of money. Fortunately, a friend just bought one! I will just try his out and save my money! If his turns out to be worth using, then I might buy one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back