Kicked off Christian forum for quoting Scripture

Axeanda45

Banned
I was posting scripture on a Christian forum and got banned because of it. I was simply posting some of the very numerous verses that said the exact opposite of a point someone was trying to make without Scripture.....

These are surely the end times...............

I was posting scripture on a Christian forum and got banned because of it. I was simply posting some of the very numerous verses that said the exact opposite of a point someone was trying to make without Scripture.....

These are surely the end times...............

That happened to me a lot when I was an Amosite and participated in Christian forums. Lots of Christians just don't want to hear another Christian's truth.

But it is understandable. I can imagine that Lutherans would not be happy if a priest joined a bible study group and started asserting that the Pope was god's chosen representative on church.

I think they follow someone called chris, not Christ Jesus. Well, from the example of their actions anyway.....

It's called CAFETERIA CHRISTIANITY, they pick and choose what they want to believe. The truth isn't important to them, only what makes them feel better. The Lord warned of a great apostasy and of doctrine of demons to deceive many just prior to the Rapture of the church. Don't be discouraged, remain grounded in the scripture, you'll be blessed.

There was something on one of the major networks about the "new christianity". they were younger and said they did not want the word evangelical used to describe them, that there were many other things more important than, say, abortion that they needed to focus on etc. I figured this of course was the type of christian the msm would focus on!!!
Sad.....but things are certainly falling into place.

No need to go back to that forum, then. Christian forums tend to ban those who don't meld into their line of thinking.

Sense I was not privy to the forum conversation and do not know the topic or what was said by either side I will hold any judgments or comments.

There was something on one of the major networks about the "new christianity". they were younger and said they did not want the word evangelical used to describe them, that there were many other things more important than, say, abortion that they needed to focus on etc. I figured this of course was the type of christian the msm would focus on!!!
Sad.....but things are certainly falling into place.

I believe it's called the "emerging" or "seeker friendly" church. Feeding the milk, never the meat, love & kisses, lots of hugging, we're all happy and feel good about ourselves because we're here. Jesus who?

This does not surprise me at all and is historically how Christians view their own beliefs. The one thing that I have learned about quoting scripture in the past 60 years is that no matter what scripture you quote in support of your view, it is very likely that someone can or will quote some additional scripture to show that you are wrong. I seldom accept any scripture literally and is the primary reason that I like the King James Version the best. Not because I think it is the best or most accurate but because it usually makes me study the true meaning the most.

An extremely helpful study aid is a free Bible (and concordances, dictionaries, etc...) program called E-Sword.

Go to e-sword.net to get it , it is awesome, the best there is imho .

God does not contradict Himself in his word, what you have experienced is people taking verses out of context, ignoring the other verses before and after it. You are right, there are some who can make it say anything they want to those who wont take the time to read it themselves.... Blind leading the blind, Ear ticklers and such.....
Best way to Study His word is by yourself with an open mind to His leading and prayerful meditation on it.

I have come to the point where I listen to no man anymore when it comes to the Bible. I search it for myself with the author!

God does not contradict Himself in his word, what you have experienced is people taking verses out of context, ignoring the other verses before and after it. You are right, there are some who can make it say anything they
I have come to the point where I listen to no man anymore when it comes to the Bible. I search it for myself with the author!

The 20/20 method is helpful. Read 20 verses before & 20 verses after.

The 20/20 method is helpful. Read 20 verses before & 20 verses after.

I had not heard that before but that is great and will have to remember it. Not only do we need to take things in context but remember that every version of the Bible is a translation which will always have a personal opinion in it. I recently checked on Exodus 20:14 and found 13 different translations in 19 different versions of the Bible. Thye were all similar but enough differences to cause arguments. Ask God what it means, then shut up and listen. He will tell you the answer.

I had not heard that before but that is great and will have to remember it. Not only do we need to take things in context but remember that every version of the Bible is a translation which will always have a personal opinion in it. I recently checked on Exodus 20:14 and found 13 different translations in 19 different versions of the Bible. Thye were all similar but enough differences to cause arguments. Ask God what it means, then shut up and listen. He will tell you the answer.

Your approach is almost identical to the Amosite approach, with one very big difference.

Amosites believe that God sent the prophet Amos to warn his people that Satan would attempt to take over their hearts and minds by impersonating God's word through written works. Amosites believe that the bibles are the work of Satan, not God.

Amosites point to Amos 8:11 wherein God speaking through the prophet Amos warned that "the day will come when people stop listening to the Lord...." and the fact that Jesus only spoke, never wrote, any of his teachings. They believe that God speaks to each person individually, and that Satan wrote the bibles to distract people from hearing God's word.

I am not a theologian but do know that every "book" of the Bible is written for a specific reason to a specific people and addressing a specific subject. Most all of it applies directly to us today in our everyday life and for our eternal goals. In Matthew 24 near the end Jesus(privately talking to His disciples about the end times), addresses false prophets and false messiah's misleading the "elect". His warning is for us so that we will not be mislead. They are here now and will grow worse shortly--expect it. As for that site and others, the shame is that they will lead the "fence sitters" and uninformed. God's Word is a "lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path". W/O it and an adequate knowledge of it's wisdom we will also fall prey to the one who goes about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. "When you see these signs know that the end is near".

No need to go back to that forum, then. Christian forums tend to ban those who don't meld into their line of thinking.

Yup! Been there and had that happen. Another group that hates disagreement are leftist groups. Been kicked off there for daring to disagree too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back