Just went for LTC A interview

Just had my LTC A interview. I think it went well, I am praying I get it. Took about 15 minutes, no hassel on anything, took my fingerprints and picture and that was it, said the process takes 1- 1/2 months. I am hoping for the best...

-Capo-

Just had my LTC A interview. I think it went well, I am praying I get it. Took about 15 minutes, no hassel on anything, took my fingerprints and picture and that was it, said the process takes 1- 1/2 months. I am hoping for the best...

-Capo-

Where in MA, May I ask? PM me if your not comfortable with responding in the public forum.

Peace...

well if the cop didn't tell you he wasn't going to issue it and you dont have a record, than that is your confirmation.

Congrats!!

well if the cop didn't tell you he wasn't going to issue it and you dont have a record, than that is your confirmation.

Congrats!!

That may not be the case. It depends on the chief of police. MA Class A licenses can come with any number of restrictions placed upon the license by the issuing official (Chief of police or the Lt. acting on chief's orders) that can limit the use. If certain restrictions are placed on the license it may not be good for concealed carry.

MA gun laws and regulations/restrictions are some of the most hostile in the nation.

In Massachusetts, Attorney General Martha Croakley said the ruling would not pose a problem because the state controls, but doesn’t ban, guns.

Peace...

I hope that is the case....however the Police Chief has final say, my fingers are crossed

Mine crossed as well. Keep us informed.

It may have come across as me being negative, but I know how difficult it can be to get one town chief to do what another town chief does. The difference between Shall issue and May...:mad:

Peace...

Mine crossed as well. Keep us informed.

It may have come across as me being negative, but I know how difficult it can be to get one town chief to do what another town chief does. The difference between Shall issue and May...:mad:

Peace...

Not a problem man, its reality.....one chief is always different from another. I will keep everyone posted on it.

I posted here a while back asking about classes, interviewed June 2nd and 8 weeks later get the call to pick it up. As for my first gun Im gonna go with the m&p 9 full size. Ammo is cheap and found a great deal, plus they are offering a $50 rebate or two free mags.. Once Im comfortable with everything Ill pick up a carry gun, not sure what though.. Any suggstions??

I posted here a while back asking about classes, interviewed June 2nd and 8 weeks later get the call to pick it up. As for my first gun Im gonna go with the m&p 9 full size. Ammo is cheap and found a great deal, plus they are offering a $50 rebate or two free mags.. Once Im comfortable with everything Ill pick up a carry gun, not sure what though.. Any suggstions??

Good call on the M&P..:biggrin:

I own both the full size 45 and the 40 compact. Once you get used to the M&P9 full frame platform the M&P9 compact would make a logical choice for a carry gun... Same platform and same ammo. Cost is reasonable for both. I bought the CrossBreed SuperTuck IWB holster for the M&P45 and the 40 compact fits it perfectly..:biggrin: The same holds true for the 9 full frame and 9 compact... The 9 full size is not really all that big to carry in the SuperTuck. Just food for thought..

My 2 pennies since you asked for opinions...

Peace...

I almost decided on the compact 9mm, i have been hearing so many opinions about it being ok for carry. Some say it is to big and some say it is fine to conceal. I also have been researching the SR9c, any thoughts? Probably better to stick with the mp compact. Do you think the cross breed for a fullsize mp will fit the compact?
Thanks for the information..

I almost decided on the compact 9mm, i have been hearing so many opinions about it being ok for carry. Some say it is to big and some say it is fine to conceal. I also have been researching the SR9c, any thoughts? Probably better to stick with the mp compact. Do you think the cross breed for a fullsize mp will fit the compact?
Thanks for the information..

I tried the Ruger SR9c and found the trigger to be very harsh (again it's MA so no surprise there) and the overall feel in my hand to be less comfortable than the M&P. I have to admit I'm kinda partial to the Smith and Wesson stuff so biased...

Pictures are worth 1000 words...

The holster is the same in both pictures...

M&P45 full frame...

Link Removed

M&P40 Compact...

Link Removed

Peace...

Awsome, thanks for the pics.. If I pick up a cross breed for a full size mp 9 it should fit the mp9c.. Thanks for your help and advice..

Just got a call from my wife....Class A LTC arrived in mail today (4 weeks later)....resrictions....NONE! (or so she says)

I can carry now!

Best part...this weekend is tax free weekend in PRMA this weekend, buying a new gun!

-Capo

Just got a call from my wife....Class A LTC arrived in mail today (4 weeks later)....resrictions....NONE! (or so she says)

I can carry now!

Best part...this weekend is tax free weekend in PRMA this weekend, buying a new gun!

-Capo

Congrats, Very cool... Glad it worked out for you.

Try a few and the right one will call to you. Of course it could be hard to hear the exact one since they all tend to call to you at some point...:biggrin:

Keep us informed.

Peace...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back