Jared's Jewelry in Concord NH, anti-gun and anit 2nd amendment!

acftmechus

Link Removed

In NH of all places!!!

gee, imagine that, a jewelery store owner who doesn't want people he doesn't don't know carrying firearms into the store.

If you have a pistol/revolver license, carry concealed. I don't see the point in driving out of the way to find another jewelry store with gas prices approaching $4/gallon. As long as you can keep your gun well concealed, what would you be accomplishing by not going there? Sure they wouldn't be getting your money, but (again, I bring up the high price of gas) the only person you'd be punishing with this boycott is yourself. Maybe you feel that the extra gas is worth it, but I don't. Just keep it concealed and I can guarantee they'll be happy to take your money.

gee, imagine that, a jewelery store owner who doesn't want people he doesn't don't know carrying firearms into the store.

I'm starting to wonder if your an anti plant!, In almost every case of discriminating businesses, your on the side of the business. We all know that a business has the right to discriminate against us, Thats not whats being debated. You'd ASSUME most pro gun people would not like that, as we also have rights. I think we can all agree that baning guns while visiting someone in jail makes sense but aside from those types of situations...c'mon. Especially in a state with the official motto Live free or Die! I think you just like replying to threads with sarcastic remarks typically siding with the Anti so you can argue with people.

I'm a business owner and a gun owner. I don't want people I don't know carrying their weapons on my property.

I don't have much practical control over that because in NYS all have to carry concealed. So I usually don't know whether or not someone is armed.

But if I become aware that someone is carrying on my property without my permission I will have a polite but stern conversation with them.

I'm a business owner and a gun owner. I don't want people I don't know carrying their weapons on my property.

I don't have much practical control over that because in NYS all have to carry concealed. So I usually don't know whether or not someone is armed.

But if I become aware that someone is carrying on my property without my permission I will have a polite but stern conversation with them.

Does this discrimination only fall to law abiding citizens? Do you also ask LEO who are carrying to leave? Or return to the patrol car and disarm then come back? Or does a badge make everything ok? Save your breath as I really do not care to hear your excuses as to why you allow one group and disallow another.

Am I to also understand that because you so choose to strip citizens rights to self preservation, when someone chooses to step foot in your store you take it upon yourself to ensure their safety 100% of the time?

Link Removed

In NH of all places!!!

It really has no affect at all. The sign does not carry any weight of law. If you choose to carry even after seeing the sign all they could do is ask you to leave. If you returned after being asked to leave and or refused to leave when asked. They could call the police and have you trespassed from the store. They really have no control over the parking lot(what you do in your car). Remove the firearm and leave it in the car(the sign says you cant even have it in the parking lot). I'll be calling the main office tomorrow and digging up the policy, I'll also call the Concord store and ask about it. I'll inform them they have lost a customer for life.

I called them today and spoke to some chap who sounded like he was from the UK. He stated it's a company wide policy because of the business they are in.

I then stated how it's funny that a BANK will allow law abiding citizens to exercise their second Amendment rights, while your company will not. He had no reply to that!

He said 'They do not claim the sign carries any weight of law,if you carried into the store they would call the police and have them ask you to leave".

He said you can leave it in your car, but the parking lot is their property as well.

Overall the most anti store I have run into in a while, I'll never be returning to any of their stores and I'll do everything in my power to steer others away to.

Feel free to call and flood their call center with calls (1-800-527-8229) press 1 for English and then press 6.

Thank you for the info from what they said. Not that I buy much jewlery but will sterr my friends away from them.

I then stated how it's funny that a BANK will allow law abiding citizens to exercise their second Amendment rights, while your company will not. He had no reply to that!

Let me suggest a better approach, because most business owners aren't going to be impressed or swayed by the 2nd amendment rights assertion.

I would approach them on the convenience issue. Try to convince them that their policy makes it highly inconvenientfor people who are lawfully armed to partronize their business, and such people, like yourself, would probably not go back to their vehicles to disarm and secure their firearms. instead they would just leave and look for a competing business that didn't cause such an inconvenience.

Clamoring about second amendment rights and political issues won't get very far with the business owner. In fact, they might have the opposite effect you are hoping for, and lead the business owner into thinking that the you are more concerned with the second amendment issues than you are with buying something from his store.

So stay focused on the practical rather than the political issues.

Let me suggest a better approach, because most business owners aren't going to be impressed or swayed by the 2nd amendment rights assertion.

I would approach them on the convenience issue. Try to convince them that their policy makes it highly inconvenientfor people who are lawfully armed to partronize their business, and such people, like yourself, would probably not go back to their vehicles to disarm and secure their firearms. instead they would just leave and look for a competing business that didn't cause such an inconvenience.

Clamoring about second amendment rights and political issues won't get very far with the business owner. In fact, they might have the opposite effect you are hoping for, and lead the business owner into thinking that the you are more concerned with the second amendment issues than you are with buying something from his store.

So stay focused on the practical rather than the political issues.

Lets see, how about no. Making them see the affect that denying a federally protected right will have on their business. Works a hell of a lot better. Hit them in the wallet and they start to change their minds. Bad press, protests, boycotts all lead to LOSS OF SALES.

When the day comes that we have another Lubys massacre, only this time the law allowed them to carry firearms. But the Owner had the place posted, I'm going to sit back and watch the lawsuits.

Oh don't forget to add your store to the list of anti stores, so we can all stay clear of that death trap.

Dude, are you aware by that being your mindset you agreeing with the Anti's... seriously! Even the Anti's TYPICALLY don't have an issue with owning guns for hunting or home protection, BUT they don't want people to be able to carry them around them. Because guns= danger to them. You should know thats not true and if somebody were carrying for the wrong reason you wouldn't know it until it was too late! Were supposed to be promoting our rights, and your one of the guys taking them away. The "Guns are ok as long as their mine" mindset doesn't work. Being in NYS you should know firsthand how screwed up it is when people screw with your rights. It's your business and your right to do whatever you want, but you know the old saying. If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem.

Real simple, Jared's does not allow weapons concealed or not. So I won't shop there. There are plenty of businesses in NH who don't mind law abiding citizens carrying guns!

I concur. No one may enter my home or business armed. I will maintain the edge in those places and as the property owner do not have to recognize their second amendment rights. It's not a public place, it's my property. In my home, for all but a few close friends it's a definite NO! I'll make you leave or go put it in the car. Being in the firearm instruction business there is always the chance that someone will enter with ill-intent. I understand that a sign or policy won't deter them. I also understand that a concealed handgun is hard to spot. But most perps will tell you of their bad intentions if you watch and listen carefully. Many times it's visible in their manner. Since I don't allow guns in live classes, I politely request students to comply with our wishes. If they refuse then I cannot provide training as they pose a safety risk. Classroom exercises are conducted with a "blue" gun. Once on the range they may carry their gun.

The NRA supports this position. As an instructor, I am required to ensure no person enters my classroom with ammunition. It's a rule heavily emphasized by the NRA during instructor training. So does this mean the NRA is anti-second amendment? Of course not. It's a safety issue.

I concur. No one may enter my home or business armed. I will maintain the edge in those places and as the property owner do not have to recognize their second amendment rights. It's not a public place, it's my property. In my home, for all but a few close friends it's a definite NO! I'll make you leave or go put it in the car. Being in the firearm instruction business there is always the chance that someone will enter with ill-intent. I understand that a sign or policy won't deter them. I also understand that a concealed handgun is hard to spot. But most perps will tell you of their bad intentions if you watch and listen carefully. Many times it's visible in their manner. Since I don't allow guns in live classes, I politely request students to comply with our wishes. If they refuse then I cannot provide training as they pose a safety risk. Classroom exercises are conducted with a "blue" gun. Once on the range they may carry their gun.

I'm not going to touch the banning of guns in your home, Your home is your castle and your rules are the law period. BUT I have a 2 part comment on the rest. Why would you expect anybody to "allow" you to exercise your 2a rights when you yourself practice not respecting the rights of others? Yes a business is yours but if you open your business to the public your should open yourself to the publics rights. WITH THAT BEING SAID.....YOUR business is somewhat of an exception to the rule as everybody in your classroom is NOT properly trained in the safe operation of firearms (yet). I agree with that fact and agree 100% with not allowing them to bring ammo into your classroom, in that particular situation you'd definitely be asking for trouble. I'm going to assume you have a store? sell accessories, etc. Do you also ban permit holders from making purchases from you while armed?

Not saying that in this case he does not have a point.

I must disagree with you. His point is foolish, in my opinion. A company policy and/or a sign is only going to keep the law abiding citizens from bringing guns into the store. Just exactly what does that accomplish? Regardless of whether it is a toothbrush store or a gold bullion store, it accomplishes the exact same thing. It creates a false sense of comfort for those dumb enough to believe that their policy or their sign will keep criminals from using a gun to rob them.

Personally, I purchased my wife's engangement/wedding set and my wedding ring while open carrying. None of the jewelry stores I visited while shopping for them showed any concern over the gun on my belt.

I'm not going to touch the banning of guns in your home, Your home is your castle and your rules are the law period. BUT I have a 2 part comment on the rest. Why would you expect anybody to "allow" you to exercise your 2a rights when you yourself practice not respecting the rights of others? Yes a business is yours but if you open your business to the public your should open yourself to the publics rights. WITH THAT BEING SAID.....YOUR business is somewhat of an exception to the rule as everybody in your classroom is NOT properly trained in the safe operation of firearms (yet). I agree with that fact and agree 100% with not allowing them to bring ammo into your classroom, in that particular situation you'd definitely be asking for trouble. I'm going to assume you have a store? sell accessories, etc. Do you also ban permit holders from making purchases from you while armed?
Our business location consists of offices and conference rooms where the lecture portion of firearms classes are taught. We don't sell any products so everyone who enters is a student. Most curriculums are broken into lectures and exercises. The exercises at our office location are conducted with an inert gun but the curriculum moves to the range at some point. I'm always conscious of the ignorant perp who thinks a training facility would be a good place to steal guns. Perps aren't exactly the smartest people around. So for security purposes I encourage those who work in the office to bring their gun to work. They may someday save each others' lives. It's the best security I can think of... we protect each other. The only reason I forbid students to bring guns and/or ammo into the facility is because it's part of the NRA's safety rules... no guns or live ammo in the classroom. Anyone remember the video of that ATF agent who shot himself in the foot?

:wacko::fie::sarcastic:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back