Isis - we have 71 "trained" soldiers in 15 states, five explicitly named….

I'll go you one better. Do you think that there might be an incident this week or a leak of a possible plot that is used to push for its renewal?

And as if on cue, pressure cooker is blown up in DC. Watch for a renewed push on Tuesday.Washington police detonate pressure cooker - CNN.com And then there were the hoax bombs on planes scares today.

Howdy Blues,

You should learn your scripts better before delivering your contrarian lines. That's the published script for the movie Tombstone. Search the page for "huckleberry" and you'll find two instances of it, both spoken by Val Kilmer playing Doc Holiday just like Deanimator quoted it.

Then search on "huckle bearer" or "hucklebearer" and see that, as usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.

No charge for another round of free education.

Blues

Spend less time in your Mom's basement and more time in the Real World and you'll realize that you and Tombstone got it wrong.

And as usual, there's no charge for the free education.

Paul

P.S. Right now I'm in Puerta Vallarta, MX and I wonder if I'm in danger of being attacked by the ISIS groups that's CONFIMED to be in Mexico?

Just curious.

Howdy Blues,

Spend less time in your Mom's basement and more time in the Real World and you'll realize that you and Tombstone got it wrong.

My mother has been dead for nigh on 25 years. I'll thank you to stop sullying her cherished memory by referring to her with such cavalier familiarity. It's the kind of thing that one might expect to be banned for in the present environment of USA Carry.

Oh, and she lived in the same house for the previous 45 years before her death, and that house never had a basement. You literally excel in talking about stuff of which you have no freakin' clue.

So you know better than the writers/screenwriters/proof-readers/author of the book/movie "Tombstone" which word(s) they intended to use? Just because "huckle bearer" is also an American colloquialism means that "I'm your huckleberry" can't likewise be?

The movie was loosely based on the 1927 book, Link Removed (the link goes to a reprinted copy from 1929). The colloquialism, "I'm your huckleberry," as in "I'm your man" or "I'm the man for the job" predates Burns' authorship of Tombstone by at least 50 years in American literature and common-speak, but there are likewise allusions to the phrase as far back as Arthurian lore referring to the garlands of huckleberries given as gifts to knights by the ladies of the hamlets and castles that they fought to defend. Similar to how Doc Holiday might have meant it, a knight saying "I'm your huckleberry" would be analogous to saying "I'm your hero," or again, "I'm your man for the job."

It is not outrageously illogical to think that the "huckle bearer" colloquialism was used, as it would be analogous to saying that, "I'm the one to put you in your grave." But that's not the colloquialism that Burns chose, as-evidenced from this excerpt from the 1927 book:

Doc Holliday, second only to Wyatt Earp in the affairs of the Earp faction, remained standing in the door, a cold little smile on his cadaverous face. Ringo drew a handkerchief from the breast pocket of his coat and flipped a corner of it toward Holliday.

“They say you’re the gamest man in the Earp crowd, Doc,” Ringo said. “I don’t need but three feet to do my fighting. Here’s my handkerchief. Take hold.”

Holliday took a quick step toward him.

I’m your huckleberry, Ringo,” replied the cheerful doctor. “That’s just my game.”

Holliday put out a hand and grasped the handkerchief. Both men reached for their six-shooters.

“No, you don’t,” cried Mayor Thomas, springing between them. “You’ll fight no handkerchief duel here. There’s been enough killing in Tombstone, and it’s got to stop.”

That ended it. Holliday went into the saloon. Ringo withdrew across the street.

You should withdraw across the street, metaphorically-speaking Sten, because if you are looking for someone to be able to back up when they state that you're wrong about something, I'm your freakin' huckleberry! HA!

And as usual, there's no charge for the free education.

Paul

That's good, because at this point, you'd owe me and nearly everybody you've ever addressed on this board enough refunds to bankrupt you.

P.S. Right now I'm in Puerta Vallarta, MX and I wonder if I'm in danger of being attacked by the ISIS groups that's CONFIMED to be in Mexico?

Just curious.

I wouldn't know. I never participated in that thread, at least not regarding whether or not ISIS was in Mexico. As to the bold part, if you conduct yourself in Mexico the same way you do here on these boards, then I'd surmise that yes indeed you are in danger every time you open your mouth.

Blues

My mother has been dead for nigh on 25 years. I'll thank you to stop sullying her cherished memory by referring to her with such cavalier familiarity. It's the kind of thing that one might expect to be banned for in the present environment of USA Carry.

Oh, and she lived in the same house for the previous 45 years before her death, and that house never had a basement. You literally excel in talking about stuff of which you have no freakin' clue.

So you know better than the writers/screenwriters/proof-readers/author of the book/movie "Tombstone" which word(s) they intended to use? Just because "huckle bearer" is also an American colloquialism means that "I'm your huckleberry" can't likewise be?

The movie was loosely based on the 1927 book, Link Removed (the link goes to a reprinted copy from 1929). The colloquialism, "I'm your huckleberry," as in "I'm your man" or "I'm the man for the job" predates Burns' authorship of Tombstone by at least 50 years in American literature and common-speak, but there are likewise allusions to the phrase as far back as Arthurian lore referring to the garlands of huckleberries given as gifts to knights by the ladies of the hamlets and castles that they fought to defend. Similar to how Doc Holiday might have meant it, a knight saying "I'm your huckleberry" would be analogous to saying "I'm your hero," or again, "I'm your man for the job."

It is not outrageously illogical to think that the "huckle bearer" colloquialism was used, as it would be analogous to saying that, "I'm the one to put you in your grave." But that's not the colloquialism that Burns chose, as-evidenced from this excerpt from the 1927 book:

You should withdraw across the street, metaphorically-speaking Sten, because if you are looking for someone to be able to back up when they state that you're wrong about something, I'm your freakin' huckleberry! HA!

That's good, because at this point, you'd owe me and nearly everybody you've ever addressed on this board enough refunds to bankrupt you.

I wouldn't know. I never participated in that thread, at least not regarding whether or not ISIS was in Mexico. As to the bold part, if you conduct yourself in Mexico the same way you do here on these boards, then I'd surmise that yes indeed you are in danger every time you open your mouth.

Blues
There is a saying that covers him Blues. Better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. I'd say he opened his mouth and stuck his foot in but with the number of times he's done it, he'd have to be a centipede.

Islam is the Great Harlot of the Bible:

Link Removed
Last paragraph kind of makes you think.
The purpose of the alliance between the woman and the beast is that both are seeking world domination. When this is finally achieved, as the end of the chapter indicates, the political power will no longer need the religious power to support it.
Hillary, is that you?

Islam is the Great Harlot of the Bible:
There is no mention of ISLAM or MUSLIM in the Bible, period. The majority of Biblical scholars believe The Whore (Harlot) Of Babylon is the Catholic Church, Mystery Babylon the United States.

There is a saying that covers him Blues. Better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. I'd say he opened his mouth and stuck his foot in but with the number of times he's done it, he'd have to be a centipede.

I'm really surprised more people haven't just ignore listed him into obscurity. The only reason I am able to see anything he says is because so many take the bait he offers and quote him in their replies. He rarely has anything useful to say or add to any discussion. Responding to him is a real waste of time.

Howdy,

I'm really surprised more people haven't just ignore listed him into obscurity. The only reason I am able to see anything he says is because so many take the bait he offers and quote him in their replies. He rarely has anything useful to say or add to any discussion. Responding to him is a real waste of time.

Actually just the opposite is true.

I'm one of the rare members that actually has anything factual or worthwhile to read.

Take this thread for example:

No one except a complete fool or a total idiot would actually belive the title of this thread.

Just like the thread about the Islamic Jihadist training camps, the its "CONFIRMED" thread, the "Secert railroad depot thread, the UN Troop thread, etc., etc., etc.

I get bashed about the "basement dwellers" but guess what?

I didn't start the phrase.

Heck, I've heard it mentioned on Faux Noise, all the CSI and NCIS shows and let's not forget Bob on American Odyssey.

I wonder which of the USACarry members they used for a base for their character "Bob Offer"?

Navy Seal maybe? Or what about BC1 or Ringo?

Just curious.

Anywho...............

With the Islamic Muslim Jihadist terrorist in the USA......

Why haven't they done anything yet?

Just curious on that one too.

Paul

I like most of you guys ok, tho the name calling and such gets kinda old. Since you mentioned it Sten - one of those secret railroad depot's that was in a youtube video I saw is about a 20 minute drive from me. The vid said the gov't was converting it into a holding camp for us citizens when the time comes. It wasn't being used as a depot anymore and I went and took a look and it did have fences around it and such and i thought 'hmmmmmm....'

Well... now it's a couple years later and my gf's son in law works at the place. I forgot what he does - constructs high building s or something. Turns out there's no holding camp being built there at all. Anything to keep US scared. :to_pick_ones_nose:

Oh, I just hafta tell this story while I'm thinking about it. My gf rents out 2 rooms in the upstairs of her home and the basement to make some extra money. She lives on the main floor and has the upstairs and downstairs separated by locked doors. Two months ago she rented one of the rooms to a Muslim guy who moved here from a small African country . The few Muslims I've known in the past were nice people, but this guy can't get along with the other guy upstairs, has called the police twice saying the other guy is snooping in his room and stealing from him. He even had his finger in the cop's face when he was talking with them because they told him to put a surveillance camera in his room so he could prove it. I told the guy he has to find a new place to live because of his attitude.

We're hoping he's not one of the 71. My gf has a 22 rifle I've had her practicing with for a year or so now and it has 25 rounds in it. When we're a week from his move out date, I'll go stay with her and take my 357 magnum revolver and 15 round 9mm just in case there's any trouble. Hopefully he will move out without trying anything. Since we didn't believe his story about the other guy who lives upstairs, he told the police before he moved that he was going to get into his room and steal something because we told him the guy didn't have a key to his room and could only get in if it wasn't locked. Ahhhhh, the joys of being a landlort / lady.

Howdy indyyy,

I like most of you guys ok, tho the name calling and such gets kinda old. Since you mentioned it Sten - one of those secret railroad depot's that was in a youtube video I saw is about a 20 minute drive from me. The vid said the gov't was converting it into a holding camp for us citizens when the time comes. It wasn't being used as a depot anymore and I went and took a look and it did have fences around it and such and i thought 'hmmmmmm....'

Well... now it's a couple years later and my gf's son in law works at the place. I forgot what he does - constructs high building s or something. Turns out there's no holding camp being built there at all. Anything to keep US scared. :to_pick_ones_nose:

But, but, but............

It's been "CONFIRMED" to be a staging point for the FEMA Camps complete with railroad, +1,000 rail boxcars, guillotines, and body bags.

Yeah, I never add anything useful to this forum.........:

But what the hey! Here's a couple of threads about guns that none of the basement dwellers ever posted in:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gene...4-ar-precision-rifle-completed-specs-pic.html

And:

This one includes a few pics of my shadetree machinist "skills".

Gee, why did I post in these threads and the dwellers didn't?

Oh, that's right.........

They were about guns and not kooky BS.

Since none of the dwellers own firearms there wasn't any reason for them to read or post in a thread about guns.

Such is life.

Paul

P.S. For some reason the links will not post. They are on the second page in the General Firearms section. One is title "M4 SBR Completed" and the other one is "AR Precision Rifle Completed".

Get all the crop dusters you can find, load them with pork gravy and 'fertilize' their cities and strongholds. 74 fighters in the US, eh? Well, we don't have a lot to worry about, we have over 300 million privately owned guns. It prevented the Japanese from invading the US in WWII, and we can surely take care of your 'fighters.' Admiral Yamamoto felt that the Japanese troops would be facing a rifle behind every blade of grass

Get all the crop dusters you can find, load them with pork gravy and 'fertilize' their cities and strongholds. 74 fighters in the US, eh? Well, we don't have a lot to worry about, we have over 300 million privately owned guns. It prevented the Japanese from invading the US in WWII, and we can surely take care of your 'fighters.' Admiral Yamamoto felt that the Japanese troops would be facing a rifle behind every blade of grass

An invasion is much different than guerilla warfare. Think, 74 DC snipers in 15+ cities....even if they go 1:1 that's 74 Americans dead...but we know the majority of Americans could care less about protecting themselves...

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back