Is our world in chaos?

First of all, I find it interesting that someone who doesn't believe in the Bible believes that God sent a worldwide flood to the earth. It seems that anything in the Bible that you construe as "negative" you believe, and anything that is "positive" you don't believe. Either the whole Bible is true or it isn't. You can't pick and choose.

Anyway, to your question.

Noah preached 120 years to the people, warning them that needed to repent, and that God was sending destruction if they didn't. It was the people who rejected the word of God, just as they do now. It was the people themselves who refused to repent and brought about their destruction. They were responsible for themselves and their children. They would have continued their evil ways and would have gotten worse and worse. So, yes, it was a defensive action in order to preserve the continuation of mankind thru the remnant of Noah's family. It was not murder.
No, my question was how do you justify the murder of untold numbers of babies and small children by drowning?

First it is ludicrous to think that I give that completely absurd fiction any credence, but however you apparently take it at face value, which really causes me to question your ability to reason.

Next that insinuates that Noah was able to talk to (preach at) every single person on the planet, on six continents during his preacher years. Keep in mind this was before TV and radio, how did he do that?

I noticed that you didn't explain all the babies and small children that died a horrible death during this fictitious event. Or to even think that the entire population (every single person except the incestuous Noah family) of the world were sinners, millions of people?

So willfully drowning untold numbers of babies and small children, the elderly, the infirmed, the mentally deficient, etc., is not murder, then what the &%$# would you call it? Collateral damage?

So you are saying those are NOT in the bible? fascinating. If the tall tale about Noah and the big boat ain't in the bible, what is the title containing this description of the deliberate annihilation of 99.999% of all life on the planet?

Really old man, the old and worn pascal's wager yet again? You have two points and both are pointless. The circular logic of the bible is true because the bible says so, and irrational fear of the imaginary boogie man. Did I miss anything or is that it?

Yep, as usual, you missed God's reasons for the annihilation of the people in every instance you want to reference. Sin is the answer, whether you like it or not, sins against God. When you see God, and you will see Him one of these days, you can debate his rationale with Him. It is funny how you seem to be disturbed by Pascal's Wager. I think, if you will go way back in your posts, you will see that you are the one who brought it up, and used it numerous times to refute those who wouldn't agree with your theories. Even with your distaste for it, you will have to admit that the wager is correct from either side of the argument. You simply refuse to accept the fact that we may be right and you may be wrong. You have no tolerance for any argument other than your own. Personally, I am not trying to proselytize you. You seem dead set in your unbelief, so be it. When you make all sorts of unfounded and baseless remarks against God, I, and others on here, will make a counter-remark with Biblical references to dispute your diatribe.

They don't balk at the idea of god killing all the first-born in Egypt. I don't think they really care that their god is a murderer. Killing the bad guys isn't good enough. Let's kill their kids instead.

Yep, as usual, you missed God's reasons for the annihilation of the people in every instance you want to reference. Sin is the answer, whether you like it or not, sins against God. When you see God, and you will see Him one of these days, you can debate his rationale with Him. It is funny how you seem to be disturbed by Pascal's Wager. I think, if you will go way back in your posts, you will see that you are the one who brought it up, and used it numerous times to refute those who wouldn't agree with your theories. Even with your distaste for it, you will have to admit that the wager is correct from either side of the argument. You simply refuse to accept the fact that we may be right and you may be wrong. You have no tolerance for any argument other than your own. Personally, I am not trying to proselytize you. You seem dead set in your unbelief, so be it. When you make all sorts of unfounded and baseless remarks against God, I, and others on here, will make a counter-remark with Biblical references to dispute your diatribe.

I laugh, well actually just a chuckle every time you use it as it demonstrates your desperation with the ignorance of pascal's wager.

The really sad part is that as someone who has made your way to this point in the world, that you are so completely controlled by the fear you demonstrate by your constant use of fear as rational.

And finally how pathetic, that as an adult, veteran, and has lived many decades you are still offer only irrational fear to persuade others. I recognize you honestly believe what you are saying, yet your argument is limited to fear and your book that is a joke.

No the wager is bogus at best, extortion of the feeble minded at the worst.

I laugh, well actually just a chuckle every time you use it as it demonstrates your desperation with the ignorance of pascal's wager.

The really sad part is that as someone who has made your way to this point in the world, that you are so completely controlled by the fear you demonstrate by your constant use of fear as rational.

And finally how pathetic, that as an adult, veteran, and has lived many decades you are still offer only irrational fear to persuade others. I recognize you honestly believe what you are saying, yet your argument is limited to fear and your book that is a joke.

No the wager is bogus at best, extortion of the feeble minded at the worst.

There are consequences for all law breakers. Speeding, dealing illegal drugs, rape, etc. That fear of deserved punishment keeps many people in check and helps preserve order. As Christians, It's really not that we are afraid of punishment. Christ already paid for our crimes. We now enjoy real love, encouragement, peace and more perks than I can right in a short time. We are also generally pretty pleasant people to be around. We try to bless our neighbors, we donate to many charities. Christians take care of widows, orphans,start hospitals, schools, etc. we are compelled by love.

Fear? You are hanging by a thread over a cliff. You just can't see it. Mocking the coast guard helicopter who is trying to rescue you is counter productive. I get it. It's like we are offering you a pill to cure the cancer you don't think you have. We just want to to go to the doctor (the Great Physician) so you can get a proper diagnosis. I know I'm mixing metaphors, but you don't know, what you don't know.

Spiritually speaking, you have a disease. We used to have it. We have been cured. You won't go for a checkup. Knowing that your disease will someday harm you beyond what you can imagine, we speak truth. We do it for your benefit. You respond with smug, prideful, arrogant responses. If you don't care about your life, we can't make you. I'm hoping that, instead of continuing to stiffen your neck, you will go to the doctor. OG, Ringo, Reba, we are good. We are happy peaceful people that have been blessed by God's love. We don't live in fear. We want others to get to experience what we do. It's frustrating to us to see people like you reject so great a gift. It's also very annoying to see your arrogant prideful responses. We write hoping this will help someone. There is nothing in what you write that is helpful to anyone. You have no beneficial purpose in saying what you do.

If I don't like a restaurant, I don't go there. It would be insane for me to hang out in that restaurant and mock the waiters for serving food I hate. I guess you have nothing better to do. Sorry to hear that.

Praying that you can someday experience God's goodness.

Romans 2:4-5 Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed.

Hoping your heart softens and your neck loosens up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday's Prophecies - Today's Headlines

Vulnerability is becoming more commonplace in our lives with each passing day. The looming recession, the strange microbes and viruses we're hearing about on the news, the mad dictators testing their hydrogen bombs and long-range missiles, the constant terrorist threats, the specter of war in the Middle East, and politics, and more politics! All the signs of the last days are converging at the same time. Bible Prophecy is happening right before our eyes and like birth pains, the predicted events are happening more frequently and more intently. With so many end times Bible prophecies on the brink of fulfillment, the events that are occurring now on a daily basis can only lead us to conclude that the end of this age approaches rapidly.

"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, pestilences and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrow."

3/18/16

Obama administration accused of stalling investigation Into US 'ransom payment' to Iran
Commander of elite Iranian Quds Force meets secretly with Hamas delegation
Israel presents red lines to Russia on Golan, Iran
Israel scotches permits for Gazans to visit Temple Mount
Latin American MPs sign resolution supporting Israel and opposing boycotts
UK Labour Party re-suspends member over anti-Semitic tweets
Jewish groups plan to protest Trump's AIPAC speech
Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks: EIU
Russia can make powerful Syria military comeback in hours: Putin
Kurds are planning a breakaway region in Syria, and it won't go down well
Kerry declares ISIS committing genocide against Christians, others
US says it will cooperate with investigations into genocide by ISIS
'Genocide' declaration doesn't ensure U.S. will take action against Islamic State
Russian Nanny Who Beheaded 4-Y-O Girl: ISIS Videos Inspired Me; 'I Feel a Bit Sorry for Her'
Captured American ISIS fighter says, 'I was not thinking straight'
NY Pizzeria Owner Who Recruited to ISIS Gets More Than 22 Years
FBI: ISIS inspired California student in campus stabbings
Lawmaker warns DHS not to punish whistleblowers for San Bernardino disclosure
Refugee migrants at high risk of developing psychotic illnesses like schizophrenia, study says
Pope Francis Asks Nations to 'Open Their Hearts and Their Doors' to Migrants
A Journey Across Greece, a Bankrupt Land at Risk of Becoming a Refugee Prison
How Google Maps May Be Helping Illegal Immigrants Skirt Border Controls
Migrant crisis: EU leaders cautious on Turkey deal
US 'troubled' by Turkish authorities' shutting down of free press
Turkey on edge after car laden with explosives found near government building
Armored police vehicle hit by bomb attack in southeast Turkey
Western Sahara: Morocco threat over UN peacekeepers
Defiant North Korea fires ballistic missile into sea, Japan protests
S.Korea says suspects second projectile launched by N.Korea
Contested convention is looking more likely, says Speaker Ryan
Hillary Faces National Security Establishment 'Uprising' Over Emails
Global Government Debt Is Actually Triple What We Thought, Thanks to Pensions
U.S. Stocks Are Now Positive for the Year
US oil closes above $40 for first time since Dec. 3
An update on a possible new particle from CERN's Large Hadron Collider
'Green flash' meteor sighting reports across Britain
Protests continue against Hillary Clinton's role in Haiti after earthquake
5.3 magnitude earthquake hits near Taron, Papua New Guinea
5.3 magnitude earthquake hits near Visokoi Island, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
5.2 magnitude earthquake hits near Ile Hunter, New Caledonia
5.1 magnitude earthquake hits near Atka, Alaska
5.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Kotaagung, Indonesia
Ruiz volcano in Colombia erupts to 24,000ft
Colima volcano in Mexico erupts to 18,000ft
Reventador volcano in Ecuador erupts to 14,000ft
Sinabung volcano in Indonesia erupts to 12,000ft
Golf-ball or larger sized hail kills flamingos, other birds at Fort Worth Zoo
Beyond record hot, February was 'astronomical' and 'strange'
Calfornia reservoirs get respite but drought still on
City of Portland to sue Monsanto for contaminating waterways
Ted Cruz: Don't let 'anti-science zealotry' shutdown GMOs
Angola's yellow fever death toll rises to 158
Scientists Grow Full-Sized, Beating Human Hearts From Stem Cells
Supreme Court Nominee Merrick Garland Would Likely Back Abortion, Pro-Lifers Say
LGBT Groups Join In As NYC's St. Patrick's Day Parade Marches Up Fifth Avenue
Vatican Fires Ambassador Who Arranged Roman Catholic Pontiff's Meeting With Kim Davis

"Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until ALL these things have happened"

No, my question was how do you justify the murder of untold numbers of babies and small children by drowning?
Since it wasn't murder, there is nothing for me to justify. You've had it explained to you by several people but you don't accept the explanations. God in His omniscient and infinite wisdom knew what had to be done to protect the future of mankind.

First it is ludicrous to think that I give that completely absurd fiction any credence, but however you apparently take it at face value, which really causes me to question your ability to reason.
If you consider the biblical account of the flood to be "completely absurd fiction" then why so much concern for an event that, in your mind, didn't happen? If you don't believe in God's existence then you don't believe any murders were committed by Him.

Next that insinuates that Noah was able to talk to (preach at) every single person on the planet, on six continents during his preacher years. Keep in mind this was before TV and radio, how did he do that?
You're presuming that Noah was the only source of preaching at that time of the patriarchs, and that God wouldn't know the choices that were made.

God knows the hearts of all people, and He knew that no one outside of Noah's family trusted Him and His word. If they had, He would have saved them, just as He later did with Lot's family. But there were none.

I noticed that you didn't explain all the babies and small children that died a horrible death during this fictitious event. Or to even think that the entire population (every single person except the incestuous Noah family) of the world were sinners, millions of people?
If it were a fictitious event, then no one died and there's nothing to explain.

However, it did happen, and yes, their deaths were horrible. Sin is horrible, and its consequences are horrible.

All people, including Noah's family members, are born with a sin nature. They were not an exception. The difference was, they repented of their sin and trusted that God would provide a Messiah to redeem them.

So willfully drowning untold numbers of babies and small children, the elderly, the infirmed, the mentally deficient, etc., is not murder, then what the &%$# would you call it? Collateral damage?
All death is a consequence of sin. Before sin entered the world there was no death. Since the time that sin entered the world thru Adam and Eve, there has been death as a result. It would be death of all people, animals, plant life and the very earth if God didn't intervene.

Noah's family survived the flood but they did all eventually die. The difference is in where they spend their eternal life after death, in Heaven or in Hell.

I guess it's ok for god to mass murder children. You'll defend that all day, it seams. But when a woman who's been raped gets an abortion, it's the end of the world. I assume all of those souls get a one-way ticket to heaven anyways? Seems to me like you did that person a favor. Eternity in heaven all because your parents/god are jerks and killed you.

Anybody wanna bet Reba is a Ringo sock puppet?

Pretty brave guy who insults people from long distance.

You have to be a pretty sorry human being to respond that way to someone who is just trying to give honest & helpful answers. I'm sorry you are such and angry, bitter person. The ugly way you and XD (& others) respond is just proof of your need of redemption. The Jesus Reba and others point to can rescue you from your vain and empty life. It's a shame that you just want to waste time mocking.

Wow, that's a new one. Sure about that?
Yes. Nothing new.

There was no death until Adam and Eve sinned. Death is one of the consequences of sin.

In summary:

Romans 5
12 Wherefore, as by one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Says who - the sock puppet? :victory:

I remember Junior High. Are you sure your parents are okay with you using their computer? When you grow up, and hope you do, I hope you learn communication skills and manners.

You need to get out more.

Anybody wanna bet Reba is a Ringo sock puppet?
Sorry, you lose. :lol:
Pretty brave guy who insults people from long distance.

You have to be a pretty sorry human being to respond that way to someone who is just trying to give honest & helpful answers. I'm sorry you are such and angry, bitter person. The ugly way you and XD (& others) respond is just proof of your need of redemption. The Jesus Reba and others point to can rescue you from your vain and empty life. It's a shame that you just want to waste time mocking.

Originally Posted by txfilmmaker ..."Someone mentioned ignoring them. I wanted to append my response to that by saying it's best to ignore those who obviously are uninterested in our answers. Those who are just looking to mock. I thought it would be interesting to lookup the definition of a forum or internet Troll. This is what I found".

Definition: An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts messages to bait people to answer. Trolls often delight in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back