Is our world in chaos?

Pretty convenient that they wrote in a warning about scoffers. They thought of everything.

You are absolutely right in that "they" wrote a warning about scoffers in the last days, and that was written 2,000 years ago. Quite prophetic but that fact obviously flew over your head.

I can imagine there haven't been scoffers since the beginning. Everytime you say something is a sign of the end, that has obviously been going on since the fabrication of your religion, only proves to me even more that I'm right. I bet you stub your toe and claim that is the end is near and this is proof.

I can imagine there haven't been scoffers since the beginning. Everytime you say something is a sign of the end, that has obviously been going on since the fabrication of your religion, only proves to me even more that I'm right. I bet you stub your toe and claim that is the end is near and this is proof.

You are calling Jesus a fabricator?

The Bible told us there would be scoffers then and now. So maybe that one isn't so prophetic, but if you were to watch the video and/or examine he historical facts of how Jesus fulfilled many prophecies, even a scoffer like you would have to admit it's pretty amazing. But alas, I know you won't look into it. Some people aspire to be mentors, you work hard at being a tor-mentor. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, scoffers 2,000 years ago but there is a great exception to your thesis. Matt. 24 describes the conditions the world will be in at the end, not at the time so many years ago that would fulfill the prophecy. Just sayin'.......

You are absolutely right in that "they" wrote a warning about scoffers in the last days, and that was written 2,000 years ago. Quite prophetic but that fact obviously flew over your head.

Define "they".

You and ringo could have completed that task had you been around 2K years ago, but it would give as little credibility as your silly little warnings do today, which amount to ignorance well seasoned with hate and absurdity.

Define "they".

You and ringo could have completed that task had you been around 2K years ago, but it would give as little credibility as your silly little warnings do today, which amount to ignorance well seasoned with hate and absurdity.

XD40 is in rare form. First, it appears he shoots a 40 cal. Negligible stopping power over 9mm, snappier kick so less rounds on target as quickly as 9mm. And higher cost of Ammo. If that is your carry round, your judgement is suspect at best. ;-)

Your definition of hate?

Link Removed

2 Peter 1:16-21 For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For when he received honor and glory from God the Father, and the voice was borne to him by the Majestic Glory, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased,” we ourselves heard this very voice borne from heaven, for we were with him on the holy mountain. And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts, knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Define "they".

Those that wrote the books of the Bible. And their prophetic utterances were for a time in the future which the Bible also gave indications of that time. Pretty good work to be so accurate. But you know all of that XD so we have no need to start another "discussion." You have your thoughts and we have ours. If you are right, at my death, everything ceases so no problem. However, if I am right, upon your death you are in deep kimchee old son unless you have made your peace with God. Sounds like Pascal's Wager, doesn't it? Believe as you will, we do.

txfilmmaker said:
If that is your carry round, your judgement is suspect at best.
While I could care less about what round a guy carries in his gun, at least this time, you're basing an argument about something on actual facts and numbers. It's better than "My special friend in the sky told this guy, that told this guy, that told this guy, who wrote it down, and this other guy translated that, said 9mm is the best carry round. And because you don't belive so, that proves the end is near. "

While I could care less about what round a guy carries in his gun, at least this time, you're basing an argument about something on actual facts and numbers. It's better than "My special friend in the sky told this guy, that told this guy, that told this guy, who wrote it down, and this other guy translated that, said 9mm is the best carry round. And because you don't belive so, that proves the end is near. "

9mm is best, but by all means, shoot 40. More ammo for me.

There is evidence about God, Jesus and those truths. Some choose to ignore them. God proves Himself to those who desire to seek Him. I realize that explanation won't sit with you. The spiritual side is hard to prove. Trying to take a "selfie" while posing with God is tough. His "unapproachable light" has over exposed every shot I've taken.

9mm is best for you. And just like your religion, you try to tell everyone else that your way is the right way.

XD40 is in rare form. First, it appears he shoots a 40 cal. Negligible stopping power over 9mm, snappier kick so less rounds on target as quickly as 9mm. And higher cost of Ammo. If that is your carry round, your judgement is suspect at best. ;-)
Nice demonstration of your desperation to show your hate.... really a caliber war insult.... kind desperate...

Your definition of hate?
Little people that look for anything to demonstrate their dislike for others, including the caliber of handgun the may or may not carry. Thanks for the demonstration

9mm is best for you. And just like your religion, you try to tell everyone else that your way is the right way.

This isn't about being right. 99% of top trainers agree that 9mm is best. Shoot what you want. I like 45 a lot.

Following Jesus is not about being right, winning an argument or proving who is smarter. It's about eternal consequences. OG posts this stuff because he believes the end might be near. I can tell you it is near. I had a heart attack 4 years ago at the age of 51. I was very close to death. Everyone dies and time is short. OG and I care about people. We care about their present and there future. The mockers here come off like bitter, synical people with no future hope. You mock those who have a hope and who care about others.

We even care about those who mock us.

If we did not care we would completely blow you off. We also realize what we say may not help you, but it may help someone else who is open to it.

What is your motivation?

Nice demonstration of your desperation to show your hate.... really a caliber war insult.... kind desperate...

Little people that look for anything to demonstrate their dislike for others, including the caliber of handgun the may or may not carry. Thanks for the demonstration

You demonstrate your dislike for others every time you chime in here. We demonstrate we care for others. Caliber choice? Just ribbing you. :) If you are going to continue to ridicule others, you might want to get thicker skin.

Tribulation Light

Regarding the title above, I don't mean to imply light being shed on the Tribulation--although that is part of what I hope will be done. By using the term "Tribulation light," I mean we are now seeing issues and events occur in this Age of Grace much like, but not actually those prophetically scheduled for, the seven years of worldwide horror leading up to Christ's Second Advent--i.e., those issues and events are but similar to those much more horrific, apocalyptic events; foreshadows of things to come.

There are several specific prophecies expounded upon by Jesus while giving His Olivet Discourse that I would like to examine as being "Tribulation light" events in our headlines today.

The Lord gave these as recorded in the following prophecy:

Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. (Luke 21: 20-21)

I would like to probe a bit into the less-prominent "Tribulation light" prophetic indicators within the above Scripture before getting into that which I view as most pronounced in these days so near the end of the Church Age.

Jesus was foretelling that these troubles will be unprecedented in their ferocity during the Tribulation era when God's wrath will fall upon incorrigibly wicked mankind. He exhorted that when those with discernment see these things begin to happen, they are to know that His return is drawing near. Note, the Lord said when these things "begin" to come to pass, those with discernment are to "look up...for your redemption draws near" (Luke 21:28).

Jesus said as recorded in other places that these issues and events will be like birth pangs. They will come upon end-time’s mankind like pains a woman experiences during the incrementally increasing contractions of having a baby. That is, these pains will begin in a milder manner than they will become the nearer the moment of birth.

Earthquakes, Jesus said, will mark the beginning of "sorrows" (birth pangs). Again, these, obviously, staying within the birthing analogy, will be lighter in severity than they will become during the full-blown Tribulation when Christ's return is about to happen. We are told in Revelation that there will occur the ultimate earthquake as Christ is breaking through the black clouds of that terrible time. Every mountain will fall. That describes a mighty earthquake indeed!

Anyone who reads the news knows of the reports of tremblers from around the world. There seems no geographical region of the planet that isn't experiencing seismic activity on an increasing scale. All of these quakes are light in severity when compared to the Revelation description of the final quake that will bring every tall structure on earth crashing down. However, the cumulative effects have prophetic evidentiary significance, it becomes ever more obvious.

Just within the past days, we have the following posts:

5.7-magnitude earthquake felt in New Zealand capital
New Zealand's capital city Wellington was rocked by 5.7-magnitude earthquake on Tuesday (Feb 9), according to the country's earthquake monitoring service.
Massive earthquake hits near Papua New Guinea island of Bougainville
A 6.3 magnitude earthquake hit near the Papua New Guinea island of Bougainville early on Tuesday morning. The undersea quake struck at 3.19am local time...
Taiwan Quake Kills at Least 18 as Search for Missing Continues
A strong earthquake rocked a region of Taiwan that’s a hub for chipmaking suppliers to the likes of Apple Inc. and Qualcomm Inc., killing at least 18 people
5.2 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Nepal, Tremors Felt In Bihar
Earthquake shakes Tokyo, no tsunami risk
An earthquake has struck close to Tokyo, shaking much of the metropolitan region. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage, and no tsunami
Chile earthquake: Strong tremor strikes near Tongoy and La Serena
A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.4 has struck off the coast of central Chile, centered off Tongoy and La Serena, seismologists say.
Strong earthquake hits Solomon Islands
A magnitude 6.4 earthquakes hit the Solomon Islands at 12.19am today, according to the Malaysian Meteorological Department.

Such reports continue in a never-ending cyberspace headlines crawl. The tremors are coming with increasing frequency and intensity.

The second "Tribulation light" indicator I pluck from the Luke 21:20-21 Olivet prophecy Jesus gave is the matter of "pestilence."

To be brief, I bring to your attention the things we have seen develop most recently in this regard. Remember the Ebola scare of a few months ago. Think of the HIV natter that was on the front pages and growing, seemingly, uncontrollably. And now it is the Zika virus that is apparently spread by mosquitoes and which has no medical defense to combat it. There is growing concern among the medical research community that many of the pestilences are in the process of mutating--developing resistance to antibiotics and other forms of combating disease.

The Tribulation era will see these diseases become full-blown. The toll in human life will be beyond comprehension.

All of these above-mentioned developments are but sidebars to the real story regarding signals that show how near this generation is to the Tribulation era.

"Nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom": This is the real scriptural crux of proof in thinking on where we stand on God's prophetic timeline.

"Nation" in the Greek language, as used here, is "ethnos" or "ethnic" in English. Jesus was predicting that the very end of the age would produce great ethnic upheaval. People will be raging against each other for reasons of race. Likewise, the Lord said that "kingdom against kingdom" will mark the era leading up to His Second Advent.

Is there any doubt whatsoever that these indicators are in our headlines today? In the very streets of America, there is ethnic rage that sometimes boils to the uncontrollable level. The rioting in places like Ferguson, Missouri, and Baltimore, Maryland, leap instantly to mind. Such rage is at the heart of problems around the world. Religious fervor, inciting ethnic hatreds, mark this generation as the one Jesus must have had in His omniscient mind when giving this prophecy.

We are experiencing today "Tribulation light" prophetic birth pangs on a moment-by-moment basis. It will be fascinating, as watchers on the wall, to see what 2016 will bring. We, as born-again believers, hope it brings the shout of the Lord Jesus: "Come up here!" (Revelation 4:1) --Terry James --

~ It’s LOVE that constrains us to tell people they are lost and headed for Hell if they don’t know Jesus Christ, not hate. Hate says nothing ~

2/17/16

~ Yesterday's Prophecies - Today's Headlines ~

"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, pestilences and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows"

Nuclear arms race under way in Middle East, Israeli official warns
PA: No more negotiations with Israel, ever
First of 10 Jerusalem terrorists' corpses returned to family members
Rivlin slams bill allowing MKs to vote out lawmakers who express support for terrorism
PA claims ownership of Jordan Valley in international ploy
Israel boycott ban: Shunning Israeli goods to become criminal offence for public bodies and student unions in UK
Israel's Olmert becomes first Israeli prime minister to go to prison
Reports: Hezbollah chief in Iran to receive life-saving treatment for cancer
Israel may be in trouble if Assad wins, former US official says
Syria's Assad says cease-fire doesn't mean parties 'stop using weapons'
Syrian rebel group: Assad built secret underground base below Damascus
Diplomat: Samples confirm Islamic State used mustard gas in Iraq
'ISIS planning chemical attack against US'
Turkey issues new threats to Kurdish forces in Syria
Missiles in Syria kill 50 as schools, hospitals hit; Turkey accuses Russia
Turkey says Russia carrying out "war crime" by Syria hospital attack
France says attacks on hospitals in Syria are war crimes
Merkel calls for 'kind of no-fly zone' in Syria
Germany expects 500,000 refugees this year: newspaper
New York school holds World Hijab Day
Car bomb kills 2 police, wounds 19 in Russia's Dagestan
Russia-Ukraine road blockades hit trade
Oil powers fly to Doha for private pow-wow as $30 crude woes mount
Saudi Arabia, Russia to meet as mood on oil deal shifts
Russia wants to target near-Earth objects with its ICBMs
North Korea's Kim orders more rocket launches
South Korea: Rocket launch shows North Korea does not want peace
South Korea's leader warns of North Korea collapse
White House says expects China will support new sanctions on North Korea
Concept plane could travel from New York to London in 11 minutes
6.2 magnitude earthquake hits near Auckland Island, New Zealand
5.9 magnitude earthquake hits near Nuku'alofa, Tonga
5.3 magnitude earthquake hits near Krestena, Greece
Colima volcano in Mexico erupts to 19,000ft
Copahue volcano in Argentina erupts to 11,000ft
Tengger Caldera volcano in Indonesia erupts to 10,000ft
Authorities activate emergency plans after two volcanoes erupt in Nicaragua
Valentine's Day cold blast shatters records in northeastern US
More than 5,000 pregnant women in Colombia have Zika virus: government
Medical Expert Confirms Unborn Children Feel Excruciating Pain During Abortions
Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic reopens after shooting
Use of boys' locker room by a transgender sparks controversy in California school
UN releases stamps celebrating homosexuality, gay parenting, transexualism
Justice Antonin Scalia's Death: Is America Under God's Judgment?
Exact Cause of Scalia's Death Still Unclear
Judge says she changed her mind on autopsy for Supreme Court Justice, decided it wasn't needed
Justice Antonin Scalia's Death Attracts Conspiracy Theorists
Conspiracy theorists suspect poison, Obama, and Leonard Nimoy in death of Antonin Scalia
White House: Obama has started work to pick Supreme Court justice
Battle over Scalia's replacement already spilling into Senate races
Sri Lankan 'witch doctor' claims he used black magic to elect president of the Maldives
France presents Israel, Palestinians with peace plan
French ultimatum to Israel: Accept PA demands or else
Israel's Netanyahu pans 'baffling' French peace proposal
Netanyahu in Berlin calls French plan 'surprising' as Merkel puts brakes on diplomatic efforts
Merkel: Germany won't normalize ties with Iran unless it recognizes Israel
Israel's rash behavior blew operation to sabotage Iran's computers, US officials say
PA: Palestinians to 'never' again negotiate directly with Israel
Senior Palestinian official calls on Jews to 'return to country of origin'
In a first, new Egyptian schoolbook teaches peace deal with Israel
Rivlin to Samantha Power: Tell Abbas direct talks are urgent
Samantha Power gets bird's-eye view of Israeli security threats
Elliott Abrams: US Mideast policy will be more assertive under next president
Netanyahu said worried Obama may go against Israel as term expires
Obama to reluctantly sign trade bill that lumps together Israel and settlements
Israeli group accuses US of labeling settlement products
Amid BDS protest, Jordanian parliament holds decisive discussion on Israeli gas deal
11% of terrorists in current wave of violence were women
Nasrallah threatens 'nuclear attack' on Haifa ammonia tank
Hezbollah's Nasrallah outraged by Sunni states' warming Israel ties
Nasrallah begs Arab leaders: Don't ally with Israel against Iran
'Hezbollah is covertly watching us, waiting for the day of battle'
The Latest: Hezbollah Leader Slams Turkey, Saudi Arabia
Turkey wants Syria ground operation, but says no consensus among allies
Dutch fighter jets strike ISIS in Syria for the first time
3 Americans Missing in Iraq Are 'Back Under U.S. Control': Official
Assad casts doubt on Syria ceasefire prospects amid intensifying campaign
Report: Assad built seven-story underground war bunker
Russia rejects Syria war crimes claim over hospital attacks
Russia killed more Syrian civilians than Assad or ISIS in January, watchdog says
Defiant Iran ignores UN ban, hits up Putin for high-tech tanks, fighter jets
Russia, Iran ready to 'reinforce' military cooperation
Sniper Decapitates ISIS Leader Teaching Beheading Class
UN Says a 'Humanitarian Catastrophe' Is Unfolding in Yemen
U.N. to Deliver Humanitarian Aid To Besieged Parts of Syria
ISIS, facing cash shortage, cuts back on perks and salaries
Spring could bring a fresh surge of refugees. But Europe isn't ready for them.
Man Arrested in Scotland for "Offensive" Facebook Posts About Refugees
Arabic banner mysteriously appears on Texas building
Muslim Woman Leads Prayer to Allah on Wisconsin Assembly Floor
John Kerry Meets With Hollywood Studio Chiefs to Discuss ISIS
Apple ordered to break into San Bernardino shooter's iPhone
FCC commissioner: U.S. tradition of free expression slipping away
Hackers demand $3.4 million in Hollywood hospital data attack
Hospital hack reveals digital risk in medical world
Why protecting critical infrastructure from cyberattacks is a global emergency
What Israel Could Teach the U.S. about Cybersecurity
US Marshals arresting people for not paying their federal student loans
Mapped: Negative central bank interest rates now herald new danger for the world
Fed's Kashkari Floats Breaking Up Big Banks to Avert Meltdown
Saudis and Russia agree oil output freeze, Iran still an obstacle
Oil falls despite Saudi-Russian output deal
Brazil could waive US dollar to bolster Iran trade - minister
First Chinese train arrives in Tehran to revive Silk Road
China sends surface-to-air missiles to contested island in provocative move
China uproots 9,000 people for huge telescope in search for aliens
5.4 magnitude earthquake hits near Camana, Peru
5.1 magnitude earthquake hits the Southern East Pacific Rise
5.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Taron, Papua New Guinea
4.8-magnitude earthquake shakes Sierra Nevada communities
Karymsky volcano on Kamchatka, Russia erupts to 11,000ft
Tengger Caldera volcano in Indonesia erupts to 10,000ft
Doctors 3D-print 'living' body parts
Israel's abortion law now among world's most liberal
8 Times Justice Scalia Affirmed There is No Right to Abortion in the Constitution
Detectives question lack of autopsy in Scalia death
Harry Reid to GOP: Blocking Scalia Replacement Means 'Surrendering' to Cruz and Trump
GOP showing signs of backing down from vow to block Obama SCOTUS pick
Obama to nominate 'indisputably' qualified Supreme Court candidate
South Dakota Becomes First State To Pass Anti-Transgender Student Restroom Bill
Manny Pacquiao sorry for saying gays are 'worse than animals'
Doctors prescribe drugs to tackle Britain's gambling epidemic
Jesus does not want you to be hit men, pope tells Mexican youth

Concept plane could travel from New York to London in 11 minutes
Another one of those gaining knowledge = the end of the world stories? Sounds pretty cool to me.

Justice Antonin Scalia's Death: Is America Under God's Judgment?
No! He was old. Dying tends to happen when you get his age.

Conspiracy theorists suspect poison, Obama, and Leonard Nimoy in death of Antonin Scalia
Nimoy died almost a year ago. Are you saying his ghost colluded with Obama to kill Scalia? Nice!!!!

White House: Obama has started work to pick Supreme Court justice
Yea.... Something a sitting president is supposed to do. How is this news?

8 Times Justice Scalia Affirmed There is No Right to Abortion in the Constitution
And you're complaining....why?

Hezbollah is covertly watching us, waiting for the day of battle
If they are going to battle us, I guess they don't have time to battle Israel. End of world averted. Oh and they must not realize that most of us have guns. Bring it.

ISIS, facing cash shortage, cuts back on perks and salaries
That seems like something that happens when the good guys are winning. But that's just me.

Doctors 3D-print 'living' body parts
Yep more medical advancements. Bring on the end of the world. We'll save too many lives with this.

You demonstrate your dislike for others every time you chime in here. We demonstrate we care for others. Caliber choice? Just ribbing you. :) If you are going to continue to ridicule others, you might want to get thicker skin.

Uh, excuse me but I must call bull ****. You call it ribbing now that you have been made to the fool over your petty jab at someone that owns a 40 caliber handgun.

Besides childish I found it sad little jab from one that nothing but dislike for those with different world views. Nothing wrong with the thickness of my skin, for you should consider before you can insult me, I must first give any consideration to your opinion.

Uh, excuse me but I must call bull ****. You call it ribbing now that you have been made to the fool over your petty jab at someone that owns a 40 caliber handgun.

Besides childish I found it sad little jab from one that nothing but dislike for those with different world views. Nothing wrong with the thickness of my skin, for you should consider before you can insult me, I must first give any consideration to your opinion.

Who has shown dislike to who? I'm sad that you have the worldview you have, but I don't dislike you for that. I have several friends with competing world views. The difference is they are respectful.

What I don't like is that you are always belittling believers in Christ.

You insult people/Christians as a hobby and my ribbing you about caliber is a big ideal? I'm sorry that your 40 cal gun is such a sore spot for you.

You comment on a thread you have no belief in and mock the world views and core beliefs of people like me and then have the nerve to blast me over giving you a hard time about caliber? You are saying very ugly things about our personal beliefs. Can you not see how that would be very insulting?

You are very judgmental. Especially of Christians. You are assigning dislike and hatred to people you don't know.

You don't like this Jesus and prophecy stuff. Why waste your time here when you can go commiserate with all the other 40 cal guys. ;-) That's a winky face, by the. Way. It means I'm ribbing you again.

Crazy stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back