Is it possible to survive a gun shot wound in the head from a 50 Cal ?

Link Removed

GSW to the head....rough survival rate is 10%. Any kind of quality of life afterward...3%. So yes, sometimes the body can survive and autonomic functions can continiue...but your chances of not being a complete jelly head are only 3%.

FBI stats as well as American Association of Neurological Surgeons agree on these stats. My wife is an MD (ER Doc) and pointed me to AANS as a good source.

Personally...head shots are a non starter unless you're part of the tactical teddy wannbe operator crowd anyway. The head shot is a "shot of opportunity" or when no other viable shot exists. Should you be capable of making them? Yes, but to think the head shot is the unicorn you chase...well, youtube is your sensei. The head is a fast moving dynamic target and solid center mass hits are much more achievable under stress and generally more effective at delivering trauma to the CNS.

I served two combat tours as the chief of anesthesia, one with a neurosurgical team in Iraq. In addition, I have 27 years experience in anesthesia with a lot of experience in trauma. Trust me, you would not survive ANY head trauma from a 50 cal. More than likely you would not have enough of your cranial vault remaining . It's certainly possible to survive a 9mm shot, but that depends on your definition of survival, whether the projectile was a hollow point, ball ammo, entry of the projectile, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry
Okay but I speak with some neurosurgeons and forensic pathologist's and they said that it is possible to survive a 50AE head wound! So why are you said other things 😨explain?
I mean a desert eagle 50AE

Sent from my PO10039TAQ-10172MK3 using Link Removed

Okay but I speak with some neurosurgeons and forensic pathologist's and they said that it is possible to survive a 50AE head wound! So why are you said other things 😨explain?
I mean a desert eagle 50AE

LOL. Troll! Try to survive this:

Its possible

Troll! How is it, Justin out of the Netherlands, that you are posting at 4:16 AM? How is it that you are posing the same question that other supposed posters from the Netherlands did in 2015 and 2016?

From Can a human survive a 50AE headwound at close range?:

Dearest guys! Nice to meet ya all i'm johnny im from the netherlands

I do a research about guns! I own no any gun but i would know
If a guy standing at 10 feet away with a 50AE Desert eagle.. It's it not excluded for me to survive a Direct hit in the forehead with the ammo that the guy used in this short movie?
I would not want to experience it ! but wonder if it can be...
I hope you would answer it. Soo thank you if someone would counseling

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X4lTkOBrkjI

From Link Removed:

Hello, i have a fictief mystery quest,

If someone standing 13 feet away from me with a 50AE Desert Eagle he loaded with 300grain hollowpoint hornady xtp 1475fps at the muzzle.
He one bullet between my eyes do i have chance to survive that so yes can you the survival % analyse?

Thank for i hope the great answer
And it only a quest i am curious

From Difficult ask about 50AE Desert eagle head Injury:

Name is joey I do a fictief study research my ask its short : If there any way to survive a 50AE Desert eagle shot between the eyes? From 10-13 feeth away with 350 grain hollowpoint hornady xtp...
Ammunition?

The real world is nothing like the Max Payne video games you play. At least, that's where you got this idea from. From how does max still have an intact head?:

In max payne 2, he was shot in the face, at point blank range,with a desert eagle, and after this he got back up after being knocked out for a few minutes. It appears as though he has no long term damage at all. I'm sorry, but he should at least have some sort of scar or something, as that is an injury like that is almost unsurvivable, and almost all surviving victims of gunshot wounds to the face are severely deformed and have lost several of their senses. Max doesn't even have a scar. I'm not really that upset over it or anything, I just find it kinda ridiculous, even for max payne. does anyone agree?

Troll! How is it, Justin out of the Netherlands, that you are posting at 4:16 AM? How is it that you are posing the same question that other supposed posters from the Netherlands did in 2015 and 2016?

From Can a human survive a 50AE headwound at close range?:

From Link Removed:

From Difficult ask about 50AE Desert eagle head Injury:

The real world is nothing like the Max Payne video games you play. At least, that's where you got this idea from. From how does max still have an intact head?:
Just go and stop with trolling!

I have a Desert Eagle. Here is a picture of a 50 A.E. round next to a 9mm round, both hollow points

18341660_10211189212159680_3152121722421352542_n_zpsvuhiqycb.jpg

PS: Most people can't handle the Desert Eagle .50 AE and will shoot all over the place. They won't be making head shots with it, probably not even body shots. Shooting a gun like this is not like in the movies. Also, it is heavy as hell. It weights 2kg unloaded.

Actually it shoots friggin accurate as hell. What you imply I would say only occurs after awhile of shooting it. You cant shoot many mags before developing a flinch

Below is a 7 round mag Ive shot out of it at 7 yards

20170521_140337_zpstafbvnos.jpg

Range shooting vs social applications. The, now banned, OP was asking about head shots. If you have all the time in the world on the range, you can focus on the fundamentals and make accurate shots easily. When you are under attack and things go fast, not so much.

Range shooting vs social applications. The, now banned, OP was asking about head shots. If you have all the time in the world on the range, you can focus on the fundamentals and make accurate shots easily. When you are under attack and things go fast, not so much.

Ubi est veritas in sua verba

Ubi est veritas in sua verba

Pretty sure this is acknowledging the truth of what bofh had to say, but being as this is an English-speaking forum, would you mind translating verbatim so we can all understand your post without having to search for a translation? 'Ppreciate it.

Pretty sure this is acknowledging the truth of what bofh had to say, but being as this is an English-speaking forum, would you mind translating verbatim so we can all understand your post without having to search for a translation? 'Ppreciate it.

Do you have anything of value to add other than your feeble attempts at getting under my skin? No? Thought not. Have a nice day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back