Is cocaine the same as a gun?

Equating guns with cocaine is just an example of the media brainwashing at work; I see it in shows all the time. I sometimes watch the show Gangland, supposedly a documentary about a different gang each show. They are constantly flashing images of guns with dramatic music, often after images of the drugs, drug money, dead bodies etc. It's like GUNS! DRUGS! PROSTITUTION! Er, wait, those aren't the same thing.

Al watching a show on the M-16 on the History Channel right now. They had a segment on the North Hollywood bank robbers in 1997 that were wearing body armor, had auto AKs, a .308, something else, handguns and 3,300 rounds of ammo that got in the big firefight with the cops. How they love to demonize the AK - the quote was, 'The AK fires armor piercing ammunition that is designed to penetrate tanks, so it went through the cop cars like a hot knife through butter'.

Constant brainwashing. Effective, too.

Equating guns with cocaine is just an example of the media brainwashing at work; I see it in shows all the time. I sometimes watch the show Gangland, supposedly a documentary about a different gang each show. They are constantly flashing images of guns with dramatic music, often after images of the drugs, drug money, dead bodies etc. It's like GUNS! DRUGS! PROSTITUTION! Er, wait, those aren't the same thing.

Al watching a show on the M-16 on the History Channel right now. They had a segment on the North Hollywood bank robbers in 1997 that were wearing body armor, had auto AKs, a .308, something else, handguns and 3,300 rounds of ammo that got in the big firefight with the cops. How they love to demonize the AK - the quote was, 'The AK fires armor piercing ammunition that is designed to penetrate tanks, so it went through the cop cars like a hot knife through butter'.

Constant brainwashing. Effective, too.

ya i see it too, but with the ak you put a round like that down range at someone when it hits a car or the person it is like a hot knife through butter. 7.62 x 39 is a hell of a round. far more power than a m-16's .223.

by the way gangland is a cool show, but a lil over kill for me. still intresting to watch tho.

Agreed the 7.62x39 has more power then the .223; the comment I didn't like was 'it was designed to penetrate tanks'. WTF?!

You can see how people who get all their information about firearms from tv and the media are trained to think oh, no you can just spray bullets from the hip with an AK in each hand and kill EVERYBODY! Plus of course movie guns don't need ammo, they just go and go. It's always annoying to me to see the hero hand a gun to the sidekick with no ammo and the dude is set for the rest of the movie.

Even if folks know guns need magazines and revolvers only have 6 rounds, constantly seeing the opposite has an effect.

If we could remove all the brainwashing I bet we wouldn't be talking about 'assault weapons' bans and kids could take .22s to school again.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back