Insurance and lawyers

Here are two insurance programs that my instructor rated as very good. Both provide $ up front for bond and both have lawyers on call. Plus they will work together AND cover civil suits. I don't believe the NRA insurance does either. I don't have either of these yet as I just got my CC permit and am still researching but so far these stand out. Just my opinion.

CCW Safe defends those who carry concealed against criminal, civil and administrative actions.

http://patriotlegalprotection.com

From CCW Safe:
Frequently Asked Questions

Before I purchase a membership how can I check to be sure you have the financial ability to give me a first class defence?

Our membership and financial data are proprietary information, and we don’t release any of that information. However, make no mistake, the defense you are provided is the upmost important thing in our business plan. Here is a link on an article that was written a few months ago in response to this question. Thank you for your interest in CCW Safe!

They won't give you any facts to back up their claims. Are you really that gullible? Ask what your instructor's rating of "very good" was based upon. What real facts does the instructor have to support their rating? I'm betting none.

Google "insurance annual report" and you'll see the major companies' annual reports - but these scam companies say their information is "proprietary"...

From CCW Safe:
Frequently Asked Questions

They won't give you any facts to back up their claims. Are you really that gullible? Ask what your instructor's rating of "very good" was based upon. What real facts does the instructor have to support their rating? I'm betting none.

Google "insurance annual report" and you'll see the major companies' annual reports - but these scam companies say their information is "proprietary"...

They have an A+ rating with the BBB. NO complaints filed. But, they've only been in business a couple of years. As I mentioned, I,m "Looking into" various insurances, haven't made up my mind yet. Do you have any recommendations ?

Last edited:
Here are two insurance programs that my instructor rated as very good. Both provide $ up front for bond and both have lawyers on call. Plus they will work together AND cover civil suits. I don't believe the NRA insurance does either. I don't have either of these yet as I just got my CC permit and am still researching but so far these stand out. Just my opinion.

CCW Safe defends those who carry concealed against criminal, civil and administrative actions.

http://patriotlegalprotection.com

This is the reply I got from Patriot Legal Protection:

Mr. H....: Thank you for your inquiry. We do not have a public financial report available. We are a legal services organization, we are not an insurance company. Our product is similar to pre-paid legal. We are licensed by the state of Texas. Part of the licensing requires us to provide audited financials to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation and to post a surety bond. Thank you,

Lynn Dunavin
Patriot Legal Protection, LLC

Until one of these companies is willing to disclose how much they spent on claims, I wouldn't give them a dime.

This is the reply I got from Patriot Legal Protection:

Until one of these companies is willing to disclose how much they spent on claims, I wouldn't give them a dime.

You;re right, not one of these companies will give examples of anybody they helped. I wonder if they have ever paid out a dime ?

St
ate Farm paid over $22.1 Billion in claims in 2013.
Link Removed

When just one of these self defense scams... I mean insurance companies provides an annual report stating how much they paid in claims, I might put a tiny little bit of interest into their scary advertisements.

Thanks - I googled 'how much has state farm paid out in claims' and found nothing. You're very good with research and such.

Second Call Defense | Complete Legal Protection For Armed Self Defense
I have Second Call Defense, which is not an insurance company. They are associated with Lockton Insurance Company, a huge insurance company who I have a policy with and who I pay $35 to each month for coverage. The way I understand the deal, If I ever shoot someone, I will call Second call Defense and they will get a lawyer for me and so forth, all paid for by Lockton. That is a pretty simple explanation of how all the providers operate.

Link Removed
One member testimonial mentions 1 phone call. The others only mention paying their premiums and receiving "peace of mind".

They are underwritten by a large insurance company:
Link Removed

But the question still remains completely unanswered, "Have they actually paid a dime in self-defense claim settlement?"

The answer to that question has two parts to it, establish the need for self-defense insurance from any company and will that particular company pay. But it appears as if we will never get that question answered by any self defense insurance or prepaid legal company. IF one of the companies could actually answer those questions in the affirmative in reality, I don't see why it wouldn't be a huge selling point to do so.

Is it a good idea to buy insurance from the NRA or USSCCA for example? And, how does one find a lawyer in the event of a self defense situation? Having one on a retainer can be expensive. So many forums say after the police leave call your lawyer. Your thoughts.
I know I am revitalizing an old thread, but I thought it was important to share. I think self defense insurance is a good idea for those whom can afford it. However there are numerous companies out there and each of them are different. I wrote an article about the different companies and put together a comparison chart. Selecting Self Defense Insurance - Alpha Koncepts

I also think everyone should have a criminal defense attorney on speed dial. I ask in my concealed carry classes who has an attorney on speed dial and maybe 5% put their hands up. I then ask if this attorney is their criminal defense attorney or they divorce lawyer. I pass out a list of criminal defense attorneys who are #2a friendly in area, in all my concealed carry classes.

Furthermore not only should you have that attorney on speed dial, but share that attorney contact information with your significant other, best friend, siblings, and parents. "This is the person you call if I ever get in any trouble."

I know I am revitalizing an old thread, but I thought it was important to share. I think self defense insurance is a good idea for those whom can afford it. However there are numerous companies out there and each of them are different. I wrote an article about the different companies and put together a comparison chart. Selecting Self Defense Insurance - Alpha Koncepts

I also think everyone should have a criminal defense attorney on speed dial. I ask in my concealed carry classes who has an attorney on speed dial and maybe 5% put their hands up. I then ask if this attorney is their criminal defense attorney or they divorce lawyer. I pass out a list of criminal defense attorneys who are #2a friendly in area, in all my concealed carry classes.

Furthermore not only should you have that attorney on speed dial, but share that attorney contact information with your significant other, best friend, siblings, and parents. "This is the person you call if I ever get in any trouble."

Good comparison. Is there a reason why, in the comparison tables, the rows containing the USCCA information do not have USCCA listed in the first column?

I notice there was still one comparison left out. What have these companies actually PAID in the past? Who has actually USED the insurance in the past and what was the outcome? Promises are only promises until they are actually made good on.

Good comparison. Is there a reason why, in the comparison tables, the rows containing the USCCA information do not have USCCA listed in the first column?
I don't know. Works fine for me. I just checked. Maybe because you have an add blocker and it links back to their websites?

I notice there was still one comparison left out. What have these companies actually PAID in the past? Who has actually USED the insurance in the past and what was the outcome? Promises are only promises until they are actually made good on.

Great question and that's something I think I shall ask. I know USCCA has advertised the fact of a few cases they paid out. I also know ACLDN has paid out on a few cases. I'll see if I can get some information for the next update. Any other questions you'd like me to ask.

I know USCCA has paid out and made sure any retainers and attorney fees were paid along with any bail that may be set if arrested and jailed. Also they have 24 hour toll free phone that is covered so if you call and need a attorney they will get one for you or you can hire your own and they will still provide for all costs of attorney and bail. A friend of mine in Texas just went through this.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back