inexpensive smaller carry gun..worth it for comfort or keep saving?

The Shield is a great choice right now. With the current rebate you can get an excellent ccw for about 225.00. I've had one for 4 years I paid about 400.00 plus I added an apex spring kit and xs sights and I carry it all the time iwb. I have a Kahr ct380 I paid about 320.00 for a weak side backup. Excellent reliable handgun.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

Did you keep the factory trigger and just changed out your springs with the apex springs or did buy the entire trigger kit?

Just the springs. I didn't do the work, I brought it to someone to do it plus the sights. I saw an installation video later and realized I could have done it myself with no issues.

The Very best small pistol I found is without a doubt the Kel Tec P-32. It is small, light, thin, reliable and accurate. Mine has over 500 flawless rounds through it. I can hit targets from 1 to 30 feet with it. I carry loaded with FMJ. Because of low recoil it is easy to get of 2 or 3 fast shots. I carry it all the time. You can buy one new for about $240

The Very best small pistol I found is without a doubt the Kel Tec P-32. It is small, light, thin, reliable and accurate. Mine has over 500 flawless rounds through it. I can hit targets from 1 to 30 feet with it. I carry loaded with FMJ. Because of low recoil it is easy to get of 2 or 3 fast shots. I carry it all the time. You can buy one new for about $240

LOL. Our resident small caliber and gun control advocate is back. I see that you still have only 500 rounds though it, after how many years exactly?

LOL. Our resident small caliber and gun control advocate is back. I see that you still have only 500 rounds though it, after how many years exactly?

Even the 500-rounds-fired claim is untrustworthy IMO. The following post of his that I found in 2013 on another forum is why I say that:

cluznar at Ruger Forums said:
New Stoeger Cougar compact 9mm

$375 delivered to your FFL
(Location redacted by BluesStringer)

[email protected]sStringer

This gun has a 3.6 chrome-lined barrel, Safety/Decocker, 13 + 1 rounds
It is accurate, dependable, and shoots any ammo with no problems.

This gun has never been fired or taken apart, comes with two 13 round mags, cable lock, casing from round fired at factory, instruction manual, all in original hard case and original box.

You want a great 9mm for a reasonable price, this is it.

C. Luznar

So how does he know how accurate and dependable it is, and that it feeds any ammo with no problems if it's never been fired?

Things that make you go hmm....

Blues

I concur with Bersa recommendations. Carried a thunder 380 for a while. Shot well and never had any issues.
They're made in Argentina and have a lifetime warranty that only requires the payment of shipping to them for repairs.
They're definitely a solid lower price choice.

USAF(Ret)

I have responded earlier. But have recently purchased the Lcp 2 with a Borrai 2 holster. St this point it's a great inexpensive combination. The trigger pull on the lcp 2 is one of the best on any 380. Shoot and carry any of your final choices before you purchase.

I carry a sig p245 and at times it is a bit big and uncomfortable. I have seen some sub $300 and even sub $200 compact guns out there. Are there any cheap guns worth staking your life on or should i keep saving...father of three growing boys and a precious baby girl..in diapers.

Re: To OP-->
My humblest opinion on the question about whether to keep saving or not is that it's a great move if u can pull it off in the situation u describe (kids = -$).

As I see it, the additional money would put a gun in your hand that you actually want vs what u settled for, and by default I think that would mean u liked the one u save for better than the "settled for it" gun.

But, this is just the personal opinion of one guy here who happens to watch money pretty close but I'll save to spend $1K or more on a pistol I want rather than half that fora similar model that doesn't impress me.

I suppose it boils down to what u actually need immediately...but my recommendation is to save up.

Best wishes,

USAF(Ret)

Re: To OP-->
My humblest opinion on the question about whether to keep saving or not is that it's a great move if u can pull it off in the situation u describe (kids = -$).

As I see it, the additional money would put a gun in your hand that you actually want vs what u settled for, and by default I think that would mean u liked the one u save for better than the "settled for it" gun.

But, this is just the personal opinion of one guy here who happens to watch money pretty close but I'll save to spend $1K or more on a pistol I want rather than half that fora similar model that doesn't impress me.

I suppose it boils down to what u actually need immediately...but my recommendation is to save up.

Best wishes,

USAF(Ret)

One would think that the poster hopefully has made up his mind by now, as the OP you quote was made October 2, 2012.

Try the Kel Tec P-32 it is under $300 and an excellent pocket gun. Mine has 750 flawless rounds through it. :dirol:

Try the Kel Tec P-32 it is under $300 and an excellent pocket gun. Mine has 750 flawless rounds through it. :dirol:
The .32 caliber handguns used to have good availability when I was younger and I have shot one or two some years ago. I looked at one less than a year ago at a LGS when considering a back up CC but there's not a lot of choice out there. I was actually on Cabela's looking at one point and don't believe they carry one at this point either. How is ammo availability?

The Place To Be

For a single stack you can't go wrong a kahr cw9. Cost is about $325 at sportsmansguide.com.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Granted there are many times that even a subcompact (3" barrel, double stack) is a bit of a bother to carry, when a smaller gun can be dropped in a pocket, (with a pocket holster) is just more practical, especially for a quick run to the hardware or grocery store. But I still wanted a quality gun, so I opted for a Sig P238.

The wife doesn't like IWB holsters, and carries a P238 in a stick holster, in her bra.

The .32 caliber handguns used to have good availability when I was younger and I have shot one or two some years ago. I looked at one less than a year ago at a LGS when considering a back up CC but there's not a lot of choice out there. I was actually on Cabela's looking at one point and don't believe they carry one at this point either. How is ammo availability?

The Place To Be

You are talking to a gun control advocate who has probably never fired a gun in his life. You probably should read this post and this post. He supposedly has his Kel Tec P-32 since 2014, i.e., for the last 3 years, which puts him at 250 rounds per year, allegedly.

You are talking to a gun control advocate who has probably never fired a gun in his life. You probably should read this post and this post. He supposedly has his Kel Tec P-32 since 2014, i.e., for the last 3 years, which puts him at 250 rounds per year, allegedly.
Thanks much. I appreciate the heads up and the link to Blues schooling him. I am on a couple of forums, can usually spot them eventually, and if I want to waste my time listening to anti-gunners then I'll just watch MSNBC.

I am constantly amazed at the lib trolls that expend the energy to try to change anyone's mind on a 2A forum. I don't go into code pink websites to screw with them. I used to think S&W was a troll but I think he's just a lost in the wilderness far left wingnut who might actually believe in his own version of the 2A.

The Place To Be

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back