I'm sure glad this guy lives in my town!

Cotillion

http://www.project.nsearch.com/video/unlawful-detainment-and-seizure-of-my-firearms-medford-or-open

This guy walks around with a firearm holstered and a rifle slung over his shoulder and walks in and out of every business trying to stir up trouble. He even walked into the police station while open carrying. I'm all for open carry but this is just overboard. He's not fighting for our rights, he's gonna ruin them. Southern Oregon is one of the last major areas that allow open carry and if idiots keep pissing off government officials and the police then bye bye open carry! The way he talks also doesn't help his cause. He sounds totally uneducated and stuck with the same 3 lines. Like I said I'm all for open carry, but I'm not for openly being a doucher

This guy is a little overboard and is not helping our cause. He does not seem to be too bright either. He keeps claiming the 5th, but keeps talking.

This guy is a little overboard and is not helping our cause. He does not seem to be too bright either. He keeps claiming the 5th, but keeps talking.

I agree with everything you said, having said that I must say that I'd rather see people exercising there rights and defending themselves then to see pushovers who will stop doing something they have the legal right to do because some people (including some cops) do not like it.

I firmly believe a right not exercised is a right lost. It is too easy to convince sheeple in today's politically correct society that if you choose not to do or don't like something that it is ok to pass a law against it even if it means giving up your rights. That is why were are in the 2A mess we are now. Shall not be infringed means just that and if people would have stood by that then we wouldn't have "common sense" gun laws we have now that make absolutely no sense at all.

Give an inch and the will take the whole constitution.

Again I saw things in this video that weren't done right and may actually hurt the citizens of whatever city this happened in. But IMHO that is the fault of the sheeple giving up there rights to "feel safe" and not the overdramatic actor in the video.

It does suck that more people don't open carry because let's face it, they don't want to be hassled. Listening to this guys giberish though makes me wonder if he's really worried about our gun rights, or just simply hates cops. I'm not sure if everyone here has seen the other guy from Oregon being hassled by the cops but he did everything right and I supported him because he wasn't out looking for trouble, he just had some cops harassing him for open carrying.

I was expecting a lot worse. While he isn't approaching the situation tactfully, he is showing the problem with Medford's police (which is not an uncommon problem thoughout the states). If he was just trying to get a point across and gain attention, and the police all ready know him and his agenda, why not tell the caller "carrying a firearm is legal"?

He definitely could have been a little more educated with his defense, especially since he didn't remain silent. Because his goal seemed to be this confrontation, he should of been better prepared to get his point across more eloquently.

In the end, he did get his point across on his video. The comments on the YouTube page seem to be as diverse as any other forum. Some hate him, some like him.

While I don't care for his approach, the police could of done a better job. Ie: If I called the police because I feel some people were skateboarding where I don't think they were allowed, when in fact they were ok, the police should tell me what's correct, and then ask if i want them to pursue the confrontation still. Not start by hassling the people for doing nothing wrong. And then, even if the skateboarders were punks about it, that's not illegal, and it would be illegal for the officers to take their skateboards away from them.

I haven't come across much anti open carry agenda outside of Portland and Corvallis (even then I've only heard about stories from those cities). Why do you think Medford is one of the last? Eugene, Cottage Grove, Creswell, Springfield, Albany, Salem, Tigard, Tualatin, Lake Oswego, Beaverton, Florence, Newport, Bend, and Happy Valley (to name a few places I've recently visited some friends and family)..haven't had problems there, nor have I talked with anyone from there that has had problems.

Goods luck with this guy though, maybe you can meet up with him and see what his deal is.

I re read the first post, while you didn't say Medford, but southern Oregon, my post still holds true to me because the majority of the places I lived/visit are northern Oregon.

Sounds like a REAL gun guy needs to just punch out his lights, before he screws up everything for everyone else.

I don't OC so I don't have to deal with Cops, and cry babies when they see it. To be honest, I like the feeling of having it hidden and knowing I have it while no one else does.

hotti:251419 said:
Sounds like a REAL gun guy needs to just punch out his lights, before he screws up everything for everyone else.

Curious, if having a rifle and pistol doesn't make you a REAL gun guy...does that mean this guy is IMAGINARY?

Hey Chen, he was actually in the newspaper here and on the news channels Facebook. I read different accounts of this guy loitering at school bus stops causing drama among other establishments that he's ruining for other OCers. It's only a matter of time before medford is on the no OC list because of this garbage and its a bummer because I'm just now starting to OC and I personally love it. No problems whatsoever.

He is exercising his right, but seems to be looking for trouble IMO. The police could have approached it differently but overall, they remained calm and as proffesional as they could... being that the guy was a tad difficult to talk to. The police could have explained to whomever that open carry is legal, but they still have to respond to the call. If I am scaring the crap out of people b/c I'n OCing, that can be addressed by the LE. Perhaps they could have started with a simple "sir, may I talk to you about your impact on the local public and discuss the call we recieved?". Then asked for ID, stating to ensure he has no warrants, etc.

I find that it's best to be polite and cooperative with LE. They are doing their job, usually to the best of their abilities. And a non-aggressive approach with them yeilds the best results. LE does maintain the responsibility to protect the public... and at times that includes questioning the motives of ones actions that could be affecting anothers personal safety/security.

I for one am for OC, I'd like to see more doing it... but doing it responsibly and if an issue arises, be able to explain/discuss the situation intelligently.

He may cuase that area to not be so gun friendly in the future... IDK.

Cotillion:251552 said:
Hey Chen, he was actually in the newspaper here and on the news channels Facebook. I read different accounts of this guy loitering at school bus stops causing drama among other establishments that he's ruining for other OCers. It's only a matter of time before medford is on the no OC list because of this garbage and its a bummer because I'm just now starting to OC and I personally love it. No problems whatsoever.

lol forgot to put my *sarcasm* deal in my last post. The imaginary thing was a play off words from Hotti's "REAL gun guy" comment. Hotti has all ready proven himself to this forum what kind of a man he is..."don't feed the trolls" as they put it...i disobeyed the warning sign.

Glad you are enjoying OC though :)

I don't know the guy in the videos, what his background is, what his agenda is, how he plans on pursuing the agenda....so while I saw this 5 min video clip of a LEO encounter, that's not saying much. It seems you have more information about this guy, you should post it up here so we all can get a more detailed picture of what he is doing. If he want's to exercize his rights like that, that by all means he can do that. If we don't like it, it's our obligation to confront him. We might not like the situation, but he is forcing our hand. Some people though, as seen in the youtube comments, have no problems with what he is doing. To each his own, if you have a problem with him, and he is in your town, invite him to a coffee and see why he is what he is.

Yeah I decided to go 100% OC where allowed today. I got a neato uncle mikes holster that has a reversible clip so I can tuck in iwb if I need to stash it. I think with this guy being in the newspaper recently more people should be aware of the laws and hopefully the cops now have a full rundown of open carry laws. Medford Oregon is pretty farmer/redneck though so open carry here isn't that big of a deal. I'm just fed up with trying to hide my gun anymore. If you don't like it, too bad!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back